Can prostatitis be cured with onions?
Currently, an increase in the disease of men with prostatitis is recorded. The reasons for the phenomenon continue to be understood by specialists from medical science, and ordinary people, especially men, are more interested in the question of whether this disease can be cured by alternative methods, without the use of pharmacological drugs.
What is prostatitis and how does it manifest
Prostatitis can be called one of the most common diseases associated with the male reproductive system. It is dangerous primarily because almost all men are at risk. In addition, there are a huge number of factors that can provoke the development of an ailment:
- bad habits (alcohol, tobacco smoking, the use of prohibited substances and medications);
- passive lifestyle;
- frequent hypothermia;
- prolonged abstinence from intimate life or its excessive saturation;
- chronic infectious diseases;
To clearly understand what prostatitis is, you need to know about the main signs of its manifestation:
- aching pain in the lower abdomen;
- constant urination;
- weakening of libido and potency;
- in the acute phase, the temperature rises to +38.8 ... 40 ° C, urination is almost impossible.
Important! If the slightest signs of the disease occur, you should immediately contact a specialist, and if the diagnosis is confirmed, immediately begin treatment.
If the disease is started, the consequences can be most severe, up to impotence, the development of adenoma, oncology. If the disease is detected at an early stage, you can try to cure it with mild folk methods. To begin with, it is necessary to radically change the way of life: quit bad habits, and eating healthy food will not hurt. Some traditional methods of treatment, such as the use of onions, are really able to bring tangible results, especially in the early stages of the disease.
Mankind has known about the healing properties of onions for a very long time. These properties have been successfully used throughout Asia and in Egypt at a time when modern civilization was just emerging in modern Europe. Onions in Russia became known in the XII century, almost immediately gaining a reputation for a medicinal product. For medical purposes, the bulb itself, its seeds and even onion husks were used.
Did you know? After eating onions, an unpleasant odor will help get rid of parsley root or walnut. However, these remedies are effective only if you ate a small portion of a smelling vegetable.
Useful and healing properties
- Ever since ancient times, people who did not have systematic medical knowledge made conclusions about the usefulness of onions and their properties:
- enhances appetite and secretion of gastric juice;
- promotes sperm formation, enhances libido;
- strengthens the immune system, increases resistance to infections and viruses;
- stimulates blood circulation in the pelvic area, as a result of which oxygen and nutrients are plentifully supplied to the prostate;
- able to reduce pain in prostate diseases;
- contributes to the normalization of blood pressure;
- the systematic use of onions can reduce the risk of oncology.
Some substances contained in onions have an amazing healing effect on the body:
- Phytoncides are naturally occurring antibiotics that inhibit the development of pathogenic microorganisms and fungi. In addition, these substances have a unique quality - unlike synthetic antimicrobials that destroy any bacteria, volatile plants do not touch the beneficial intestinal microflora.
- Malic and citric acids - contribute to the improvement of digestion processes and the normalization of metabolic processes at the intercellular level. They have a beneficial effect on strengthening the walls of blood vessels and potency. The systematic intake of green onions containing these acids, helps to dissolve and excrete calcifications from the body, improves the quality of seminal fluid.
- Vitamin PP - necessary for normal carbohydrate metabolism and normalization of cholesterol, helps strengthen blood vessels.
- B vitamins - the most important complex of vitamins, contributing to the normalization of metabolic processes in the body, stimulates brain activity and the central nervous system. It is necessary for the normal condition of the skin and hair, nails.
- Ascorbic acid is the strongest of all known antioxidants, indispensable for the normal state of the immune system, and therefore, the body's resistance to infections and viruses.
- Vitamin E is another very strong antioxidant that participates in protein synthesis, blood formation processes, and prevents capillary fragility.
- Vitamin H - extremely useful for the normal state of the central nervous system, as well as nails and hair.
- Dietary fiber - contribute to the removal of toxins and toxins, excess cholesterol, normalize intestinal motility.
- Minerals (Ca, S, Cl, P, Cu, I, Zn, F, K, Na, Cr, Mg, Fe, Mn, etc.) - contribute to the overall strengthening of the body, in particular, the cardiovascular and endocrine system, interfere the development of anemia.
- Flavonoids - inhibit the development of oncology.
Did you know? The more acute the onion variety is, the lower the temperature needed to store it. For example, varieties such as Pogarsky, Arzamassky or Timiryazevsky are best stored at 0 ... - 2 ° C, and semi - sharp varieties - Danilovsky, Kaba or Krasnodar, are recommended to be stored at about 0 ° C.
Harm and contraindications
- But onions are not useful to everyone and not always - the vegetable is contraindicated in such cases:
- with heart disease;
- increased blood pressure - eating a product can significantly increase it;
- with liver diseases;
- with asthma;
- with stomach ulcers and gastritis with high acidity;
- with metabolic disorders in the body;
- women during breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance and allergy.
Features of prostate treatment with onions
There is an opinion that eating onions for problems with the prostate gland very effectively restores its functions. In order to objectively understand this issue, you should understand how the active substances of a vegetable affect a specified organ. First of all, it is necessary to say about the action of disulfide and volatile. These substances cause irritation of the mucous membrane of any organs. It is thanks to their effect that tears flow when cleaning and cutting onions.
Important! Do not immediately prepare a large amount of the product: volatile and all other active substances are most effective in the fresh form.
When the substances described enter the intestines and are absorbed into the blood, they also irritate the prostate through the urine. But these substances are able to have a negative effect on the prostate only with excessive use. A product in boiled or baked form for problems with the prostate is very useful.
In addition, a recipe for treating prostatitis with onions and honey has long been known and quite effective:
- Rub onion on a grater, place it in cheesecloth, folded in two layers, and squeeze the juice.
- Mix 1/2 tablespoon of juice and as much linden honey.
- The drug is consumed 1.5–2 hours before bedtime.
Video: onion with honey from prostatitis
Fresh onions are also used for prostate adenoma. It is better to do this in the morning or in the morning, during the period of remission. When the disease proceeds in the acute phase, the vegetable is not recommended for consumption. They are used to treat prostate tinctures and decoctions of onion husks: they are taken orally, used in enemas. Such methods have a fairly effective, and at the same time gentle effect.
Onion infusion :
- Grind into a pulp with a blender 2 medium-sized onions.
- Pour onion mass 0.6 l of boiling water. Close the container tightly with the contents of the lid, cover with a towel for 4-6 hours.
- After the specified time, the infusion is filtered, the onion mass is pressed there.
- You need to use the product hourly at 50 ml.
Decoction of onion peels in milk :
- Using a blender or small grater, grind 3 medium onions.
- Boil 750-800 ml of milk - as soon as it boils, pour milk onion mass.
- Cover the container well with a blanket, leave it for 24 hours, then strain and squeeze the onion.
- Drink 1 glass 30 minutes before eating.
Onion tincture with honey on wine - to prepare the product you will need:
- large onions - 3 pcs;
- dry white wine - 1 bottle;
- honey - 100 g.
Prepare the tool as follows:
- Peel the onion, chop it using a fine grater or blender.
- Take a container of the appropriate volume (enameled pan, glass jar, clay or ceramic dishes). Combine all the ingredients, mix them thoroughly.
- Place the container in a dark cool place (cellar, basement) for a week. Shake the contents several times daily to better mix the components.
- After 7 days, the contents are filtered, the onion mass is squeezed.
- Take a remedy for chronic prostatitis three times a day, 50 ml, 30 minutes before a meal.
Enema with onions and sunflower oil - for cooking you will need:
- chopped onion husks (dry, golden brown) - 1/2 cup;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml.
Prepare the tool in this way:
- The oil in an enameled bowl is put on fire, brought to a boil, removed from the heat, cooled to 40 ° C.
- In the oil cooled to 40 ° C, add the husk, mix, cover, place in a water bath for 20 minutes.
- When the composition is infused for 3-4 hours, it is filtered and used for microclysters (35-50 ml per day).
A preparation for enemas is prepared in a similar way, but instead of husks, the juice of one medium-sized onion is taken for the same amount of oil. When using juice, after adding it to the oil, do not place the container in a water bath, close it with a lid, towel and let it brew.
With normal health and the absence of contraindications, you can eat up to 50 g of onions. A larger amount can cause irritation of the gastric mucosa, lead to nausea and pain.
You will be interested to know what is the use of onions for the body of a man.
There are a fairly large number of different ways to store onions at home. The main ones are:
- warm - the vegetable is stored at room temperature (+18 ... + 22 ° C) and normal humidity (70–80%);
- cold - in the basement or cellar, at a temperature of 0 ... + 3 ° C;
- combined - the vegetable is kept in a cold place in winter, at a temperature close to 0 ° C. In spring and autumn, onions are brought to a warm place.
Storage is suitable for nets, wooden or plastic boxes with aeration holes, cardboard boxes. It is not recommended to store the vegetable in plastic bags, since the accumulating moisture contributes to the occurrence and development of mold, as well as the speedy damage of onions.
We recommend that you learn how to store onions in the winter at home.
They use a refrigerator and a freezer to store vegetables. Subject to storage conditions, onions can last until spring, and later varieties almost until summer. In addition, peeled and chopped vegetables can be stored in the refrigerator for about a month.