Beet juice: medicinal properties and contraindications
Beetroot juice is beneficial if you drink it not freshly squeezed, but after two hours of settling in the refrigerator. We will tell about the unique medicinal properties of the beetroot product, as well as the rules for its use.
What is the benefit of beet juice for the body?
The drink is known because it is able to help solve health problems. It is believed that it cures many disorders in the body.
- Freshly squeezed beet juice is beneficial in:
- strengthening immunity;
- lowering blood pressure with hypertension;
- optimization of the thyroid gland;
- increasing the flexibility of small vessels;
- lowering cholesterol and eliminating cholesterol plaques in the vessels;
- elimination of spasms of blood vessels;
- increase the efficiency of the whole organism;
- metabolic stimulation;
- eliminating anemia and improving blood composition;
- activation of brain activity;
- increased attention span;
- optimization of the digestive system;
- elimination of constipation;
Did you know? In ancient Europe, even before our era, beets were used as a medicine, and only the tops of plants were used for food.
- normalization of the intestinal microflora;
- release of the body from toxic substances;
- cleansing the kidneys and liver;
- combating the consequences of gallstone disease;
- the release of the circulatory system from excess calcium;
- stimulation of the functioning of the lymphatic system;
- increased erection and prevention of prostate adenoma in men;
- mitigating the process of hormonal changes in the menopause in women;
- elimination of insomnia;
- lowering blood sugar;
- assisting the body in the fight against inflammation in colds;
- relieve nervous tension.
Video: Benefits and uses of beetroot juice
Contraindications and harm
Beet juice, which affects various functions in the body, must be used with caution so as not to aggravate existing health problems. For example, the ability of this drink to lower blood pressure makes its use unacceptable for hypotension, when blood pressure is already lowered. Find out if raw beets are also good.
- In addition, it is contraindicated for those who have an individual intolerance to the product or suffer from disorders caused by:
- excessive acidity of the stomach;
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- an ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
What can be combined with?
The drink is often supplemented with juices of other vegetables, fruits or berries.
The most successful are combinations of juices in the form of:
- beet-apple, which helps to establish the work of the stomach and stimulate digestion;
- beet-citrus, which helps the body absorb iron and saturates it with vitamin C;
- beet-cranberry, which cleanses the body of toxins and toxins and has a calming effect on it;
- beetroot-cucumber-carrot, beneficial effect on cardiac activity;
- beet-pumpkin, restoring processes in the digestive tract;
- beetroot cucumber, contributing to weight loss;
- beetroot-carrot, which increases the content of hemoglobin in the blood.
You will be interested to learn about the beneficial properties and dangers of beet tops.
How to apply beet juice?
The product actively affects the human body, therefore, knowledge of the rules for its use is necessary. For example, beet juice for pregnant women is shown in the amount of not more than 2 tablespoons per day. But even such a small dose prevents anemia and stimulates the process of hematopoiesis.
As already mentioned, this drink does not need to be drunk freshly squeezed, because it contains harmful volatile elements that can cause headache, nausea or vomiting. These substances disappear after two to three hours exposure of the product in the refrigerator.
The volume of drink is increased gradually so that the body can adapt to its intake. At first, two tablespoons an hour before meals is enough. Then you can go to a third of the glass, then to half. After a week, you can drink a full glass of medicinal product.
Beet juice is shown in different quantities, based on diseases. Consider in what volume, and in what cases the use of this tool helps.
Important! Do not store beetroot drink in the refrigerator for more than 2 days, as this leads to the loss of nutrients contained in the product.
From a cold
Beet juice is considered a recognized natural remedy that helps fight the common cold. In this case, it is half diluted with boiled water and instilled alternately in the nasal passages. One or two drops at a time is enough.
From the common cold
Strengthening the body's immune system, beetroot drink helps in the fight against colds. For this purpose, it must be mixed with cranberry juice, honey and vodka. After insisting for 3 days, the drug is taken before meals for 1 tbsp. l daily until cured.
With angina, half a glass of grated beets are combined with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, after which they are insisted for half an hour, and then filtered with gauze. The resulting remedy is gargled.
A teaspoon of honey is placed in a glass of beetroot drink and taken three times a day before meals.
Half a glass of beet juice, drunk after waking up before breakfast, can solve the problem.
If you drink half a glass of beetroot drink twice a day for a month, you can get rid of anemia.
Did you know? Ketchup and other tomato sauces owe their appetizing color not to the tomatoes, but to the beetroot powder used to tint these products.
For the liver
Juice from beets helps to eliminate toxins, salts of heavy metals, decay products, stagnant bile and bad cholesterol from the liver.
To this end, it should:
- Boil the root crop for 2 hours.
- Wipe it and mix the resulting slurry with a liter of water in which the beets were cooked.
- Mix the mixture for another third of an hour, and then strain.
- The fourth part of the resulting product should be taken orally and put a warm heating pad on the liver area.
- Repeat the procedure three times every 3 hours.
For weight loss
Beetroot drink is used by people who want to lose weight.
The ability of the product to promote weight loss is due to:
- the presence in the beets of fiber, which is not digested, but performs in the intestines the sanitary role of a cleaner from toxins and toxins;
- laxative effect, cleansing the intestines;
- optimization of the assimilation of vitamins and minerals by the digestive organs due to the destruction of harmful microflora in them;
- lowering blood glucose due to the low glycemic index of the product.
Important! Doctors do not recommend consuming more than 3 glasses of beetroot drink during the day, even if it is diluted with other juices.
An old therapeutic agent is still used, since it is, indeed, effective for various ailments and disorders. It is also suitable for many that the beetroot drink can be combined with juices of other vegetables and fruits, which does not reduce its healing properties, and the taste of the product can be adjusted to any preference. Nevertheless, beet juice cannot be considered a full-fledged medicine for diseases, it can only be used as an addition to the main course of treatment or used for preventive purposes.