What is watermelon useful for facial skin?
Watermelon is not only a tasty and healthy fruit, but also widely used in cosmetology as a rejuvenating, tonic for sagging and aging skin. How to properly prepare masks from the pulp of a solar fruit, and how often to apply them, let's figure it out.
Composition and components of watermelon face masks
Masks based on watermelon with systematic use have a positive effect on the condition of the skin and hair.
Their action is aimed at getting rid of problems such as:
- acne, inflammation, acne and acne;
- oily skin and enlarged pores;
- dryness, irritation of the epidermis;
- fading, aging and sagging skin;
- wrinkles, age spots;
- dull, unnatural, "gray" complexion.
Important! To make masks, it is necessary to apply the pulp, which is extracted from the very middle of the berry, since it contains a maximum of moisture and vitamins.
Most often, to the main component of the masks, watermelon, add:
- honey: perfectly moisturizes and nourishes the epidermis, relieves inflammation;
- fruits and berries: have an easy peeling effect, cleanse and bleach the skin, enhance the effect of watermelon pulp;
- egg white: characterized by a whitening effect, tightens pores, eliminates wrinkles;
- yolk: deeply nourishes, saturates the skin with useful substances, fights age-related changes;
- fermented milk products: tone and nourish the skin, have a whitening effect, tighten the skin, make them more elastic.
Useful properties of watermelon face masks
The rich chemical composition of watermelon determines its significant benefit in cosmetology.
- C: tones and cleanses the skin, actively fights against chemicals, toxins, free radicals, activates the formation of collagen and elastin;
- E: cleanses, rejuvenates, normalizes the work of the sebaceous glands;
- A: prevents premature aging, has a beneficial effect on the condition of hair, nails, epidermis.
Did you know? In Japan, non-traditional square-shaped watermelons are grown. They were specially bred by breeders with the aim of convenience and ease of transportation.
Minerals and acids:
- calcium: reduces inflammatory processes, tightens pores, cleanses the epidermis;
- potassium: has moisturizing properties, normalizes the skin's water balance;
- folic acid: protects cells from damage, normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands, makes the skin matte, relieves acne, acne and rashes;
- lycopene : an antioxidant component that fights free radicals and prevents age spots from appearing on the skin.
Masks based on the pulp of watermelon allow you to:
- Moisturize the skin deeply . The fruit is 92% water, and also contains mineral components that make it possible to retain moisture in the epidermis. That is why watermelon masks are often used to moisturize dry, irritated skin, as well as to nourish the scalp, restore and moisturize hair.
- Tone the skin, restore its elasticity . The presence in the warehouse of watermelon pulp of antioxidants and minerals allows you to tone the skin, give them elasticity, restore elasticity.
- Remove inflammation. These fruits have components that have anti-inflammatory effects and make it possible to get rid of inflammation, irritation, acne.
- Remove swelling under the eyes. Fruit acids, which are in the pulp stock, remove excess moisture from the tissues, thereby helping to reduce puffiness and dark circles under the eyes.
- Improve skin color . Vitamins, in particular ascorbic acid, A and E, present in the fetus, have a positive effect on the skin, fight free radicals, and restore the skin to a natural healthy color.
Watermelon Face Masks
In folk cosmetology, mash from watermelon and its juice are used to make masks. Watermelon ice is also prepared, which has a tonic, firming, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effect.
Find out what the benefits and harms of watermelon oil are.
Watermelon juice for face
Watermelon juice in cosmetology is used both in pure form and as part of other components.
Rubbing your face with watermelon juice allows you to:
- reduce oily skin, normalize the work of the sebaceous glands;
- reduce the inflammatory processes that occur in the cells of the epidermis;
- moisturize the skin;
- to return to the face a blush.
In addition, watermelon juice is used as the main component of masks:
- For oily skin . For the product, mix 1 tsp. juice, 1 yolk, ½ tsp. oatmeal, 1 tsp. sour cream of low fat content. The mixture is applied to the face and after 15-20 minutes, washed off with a warm herbal decoction.
- From wrinkles . For a mask mix 1 tsp. watermelon fresh with 1 tsp. natural nonfat yogurt. The product is applied to the face, kept for 10 minutes, then washed with cool water.
- For aging and aging skin . An excellent tonic, anti-aging and regenerating effect is distinguished by a mask of 2 tbsp. l fresh watermelon and 2 tbsp. l pulp of avocado. The mixture is applied for 20 minutes, washed off with warm water.
Important! For the preparation of masks, only freshly squeezed juice from ripe watermelon is used. If the mixture is too liquid, moisten gauze (cotton pads) in it and use as compresses.
Watermelon mask for dry skin
Since watermelon flesh contains substances that eliminate peeling of the skin, nourish and moisturize the skin, it is often used in cosmetology for dry skin. Watermelon in combination with other natural components allows you to restore the hydration of the epidermis, normalize the water balance, save the skin from dehydration and, as a result, premature aging.
- Moisturizing, deep action . Watermelon pulp and liquid honey are mixed in equal dosages. The product is kept on the face for 20 minutes, after which it is washed with warm water.
- Softening . 3 tbsp. l the pulp is mixed with the same volume of semolina, add 1 tsp. honey and olive oil. The components are mixed and applied for 15-20 minutes. The mixture is washed off with warm water.
Mask for aging skin from watermelon
Watermelon flesh, due to the presence of active biological substances A and E, as well as minerals, allows you to activate the formation of collagen and elastin, which are responsible for youth, skin tightness and elasticity.
Did you know? In Vietnam, it is customary to celebrate the New Year with a watermelon on the table. According to local beliefs, this fruit brings good luck.
For sagging and aging skin, the following masks are recommended:
- Nutritious . Mix 2 tbsp. l watermelon and 1 tbsp. l oatmeal, incubated for 10 minutes to swell the mixture. Well-beaten chicken protein is introduced into the resulting slurry. The mixture is applied to the face for 10 minutes, then washed with cool water. With dry skin, the protein must be replaced with yolk.
- Tonic . Mix to a homogeneous slurry 3 tbsp. l fruit pulp, 1 tsp. aloe juice, 50 ml of kefir and 2 drops of lavender essential oil. The mixture is applied to the face, after 20 minutes, washed with cool water.
- Refreshing . The pulp of watermelon is mixed with the same volume of pulp of orange, applied to the face, washed off after 20-25 minutes.
Video: mask with watermelon
Watermelon for oily skin
The components that make up the watermelon positively affect the condition of oily skin: they normalize the level of subcutaneous fat, tighten pores, reduce oily sheen, and make the face more matte.
Read also about whether you can eat watermelon while losing weight.
For oily skin, such remedies are perfect:
- With protein . For the mask, mix slightly whipped protein with 2 tbsp. l gruel from watermelon. Apply for 20 minutes, wash with cool water.
- With a banana . Mix 1 tbsp. l banana-watermelon slurry, impose for 20 minutes on a cleaned face. After the specified time, wash your face with water at room temperature.
To give freshness, tone and elasticity to the skin of any type, cosmetologists recommend using ice from a watermelon fresh, which is quite easy to prepare at home:
- fresh watermelon is made, filtered through gauze;
- berry juice is mixed with ginseng or eleutherococcus extract;
- the prepared mixture is poured into molds and frozen in the freezer.
Frequency of use of masks
Of course, watermelon masks should only be used seasonally. Fruits that are sold in the winter can contain a large amount of nitrates, which have a detrimental effect on the skin. The most suitable time for conducting a course of watermelon masks is August - September, when it is possible to purchase high-quality, natural, ripe fruit without chemicals.
We recommend that you find out what the benefits and harms of watermelon peels are.
All cosmetics must be used fresh, each time preparing a new portion of the mixture. Experts recommend a course of masks, 2-3 procedures per week, at least 10 sessions. Such a frequency of use of the funds is optimal, allowing you to rejuvenate the skin, relieve inflammation and acne, improve the condition of the epidermis.
Before you make a mask based on watermelon, you need to familiarize yourself with possible contraindications.
- the presence of open wounds and damage to the skin;
- allergies to at least one of the components of the mask;
- any forms of dermatitis and eczema;
Important! Before using masks, it is imperative to check them for possible allergic reactions. To check, a little slurry is placed on the wrist and wait 10-15 minutes. If there was no negative reaction, then the mask can be safely applied to the face or hair.
Self-made watermelon gruel masks are an excellent natural alternative for rejuvenating, restoring, nourishing and moisturizing the epidermis. The regular use of such cosmetic mixtures can transform even flabby, tired, lost elasticity skin, restore its youth and natural color.