What is useful melon for a woman
There are few women who do not like melon taste and aroma. However, not everyone is aware that it can not only be eaten raw in food. We will find out what the benefits of melon are for the female body, how it can be used for medical, cosmetic and culinary purposes.
Calorie content and chemical composition
Calorie content and chemical composition of 100 g of the edible part of the melon are presented in the table.
|Dietary fiber, g||0.9|
|Organic acids, g||0.2|
|B3 (PP), mg||0.5|
|Manganese, mg||0, 035|
The calorie content of 100 g of melon is about 2% of the daily calories, while this portion is able to provide a fifth of the need for vitamin C and cobalt.
Benefits and healing properties
- For the female body, melon is useful because:
- Contains in a small amount sucrose, glucose, fructose, which are necessary for the functioning of the brain.
- The composition contains a small part of the saturated fatty acids necessary for the formation of energy and cells.
- The use of omega-3s, which are present in the product, leads to stress resistance, the production of the hormone of happiness, and the elimination of depression. In combination with Omega-6, they are involved in the structure of cells.
- Containing dietary fiber helps to activate the intestines, which is useful when losing weight.
- Vitamin C has a beneficial effect on iron absorption and immunity.
- Cobalt is necessary in order for the body to exchange folic acid, which is especially needed by pregnant women, so that the child’s nervous system develops normally.
- The presence of water leads to a diuretic effect.
- According to cosmetologists, it has a positive effect on the skin of the face and décolleté.
- It can cure some diseases.
Did you know? Melon is a relative of the cucumber, they belong to the same genus.
Contraindications and harm for women
- The use of melon is contraindicated:
- For patients with diabetes - contained glucose can cause an increase in blood sugar.
- Allergic - the product is capable of causing an allergic reaction.
- For those who have problems with the gastrointestinal tract - fermentation in the intestines caused by high amounts of sugar can lead to bloating. Under ban and melon seeds.
- For breastfeeding women - getting into breast milk, the product provokes colic in babies and can cause allergies.
- Fasting - so sweetness can aggressively affect the intestines.
- Together with other products, especially dairy, spirits, water, it can cause diarrhea.
- If it is sold in July, nitrates are used for early ripening, which adversely affect the woman's body.
You should refuse unlimited eating of this sweet:
- Those who follow the figure - so you can exceed the daily calorie intake.
- Pregnant - despite the benefits, unlimited use can cause bloating, and this leads to a tonus of the uterus and increased pressure inside it.
Melon is widely used in:
- folk medicine;
In folk medicine
Traditional medicine knows such recipes based on melon:
- To control the blood sugar level in diabetes mellitus - 3 tablespoons of melon seeds should be dried in the oven or at room temperature, pour 3 cups of boiling water, leave at room temperature until it cools down. Divide into 3 receptions, eat before meals.
- To alleviate the condition with urolithiasis - 1 kg of melon seeds, pour 5 liters of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat, wait until the water level drops to 3 liters. After cooling, strain, place in a cool dark place. Take three times a day 0.5 hours before meals, 0.5 cups, warm up before use.
- For stones in the genitourinary system, a simpler recipe is also used - boil 3 liters of water, cool to a warm state. 1 cup melon seeds in the evening, crush in a mortar, pour prepared water, leave until morning, strain. Eat every time you want to drink.
- For men, to increase potency, dry the melon seeds, grind it into powder, and eat 1 tablespoon of the powder mixed with the same amount of honey before bedtime.
- For men with diseases of the prostate gland - boil 8 glasses of water, cool to room temperature. Dry 1 cup melon seeds, grind into powder. Gradually adding water, rub thoroughly. Strain, add sugar to taste. Consume 50 ml before each meal.
- For the treatment of cough - as in the previous recipe.
- To alleviate the condition with cholecystitis - dry melon seeds, grind into powder. Boil 3 cups of milk, add 3 teaspoons of the product, reduce heat, cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cool, divide into 3 doses.
Beauticians use melon in such cases:
- When preparing a mask for combined facial skin - peel a small piece of melon from the peel and seeds, knead to a pulp, spread on the face, except the skin around the eyes, for 20 minutes, rinse.
- To moisturize the skin of the face - 2 tablespoons mashed to a puree state of melon pulp mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of sour cream for oily skin or the same amount of natural yogurt without additives for oily skin. Apply 1-2 times a week for 20 minutes, rinse.
- To cleanse the skin of the face - cut the melon, drain the resulting juice, mix in equal proportions with mineral water and milk, store in the refrigerator. Wipe your face every night, then rinse. Important! Cosmetologists recommend rinsing masks based on melon with warm water.
- For toning - mix 1 tablespoon of melon juice with the same amount of grape, apply on face skin, except for the area around the eyes, for 20 minutes, rinse.
- For a tightening effect - 2 tablespoons of melon flesh with a fork, add 1 egg yolk, grind well, pour in 1 tablespoon of sesame or olive oil, stir until smooth. Apply with a cotton swab for 20 minutes, rinse.
- For whitening - dry the melon pulp, chop, add powder from the chopped dried melon seeds. By adding milk powder, achieve a mushy state. Apply to cleansed skin 1-2 times a week for 20 minutes, rinse.
- For a calming effect - boil 1 glass of water, pour 2 tablespoons of dried chamomile flowers with water, leave for 20 minutes, strain. Mash the melon flesh, add a little chamomile infusion to make gruel. Apply for 20 minutes 1-2 times a week, rinse.
- To remove age spots - 1 tablespoon of melon seeds to dry, grind into powder. Knead 1 tablespoon of melon pulp, add the resulting powder. Gradually add oatmeal, kneading to get gruel. Apply for 20 minutes 1-2 times a week, rinse.
- From wrinkles - 2 cups of melon pulp to wipe through a sieve, add 1 cup of almond or sesame oil. Simmer, stirring, until the juice evaporates. In the finished form, you can add pink petals. Apply before bedtime on the skin of the face, can be used around the eyes. Blot excesses with a napkin.
- To care for hair, nails, skin of hands - boil 1 cup of water, add 1 tablespoon of melon seeds, reduce heat, cook for 2-3 minutes, cool. Use to rinse washed hair or make baths for hands.
The best taste of the melon is revealed in its raw form, its pulp can be added in the preparation of fruit salads. With melon, alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails are prepared, it is served with prosciutto. Those who want to prepare it for the winter cook jam, jam, marmalade or dry pieces of pulp. Important! Melon seeds in large quantities can harm the spleen, they are also not consumed sprouted due to toxicity. From the above it follows that melon can be used in various fields - medicine, cooking, cosmetology. It is rich in vitamin C, cobalt, and other beneficial substances. But this product is able to bring not only benefits, but also harm to the health of women, especially with uncontrolled use.