What is the use of roasted hazelnuts and how to take it
Hazelnuts are a frequent ingredient in many culinary masterpieces, both sweet and main courses or snacks. When consumed, walnuts are most often fried. Whether such a product is useful, how to use it and how to apply it is the topic of today's article.
Hazelnuts grow by a tree or a spreading shrub, about 7 m high. Thin, flexible branches are covered with brown-brown bark. The foliage is bright green, the plate is wide, serrated along the edge, resembles the shape of the body of a bream, which led to the Russian name hazel. Male flowers are collected in an inflorescence in the form of catkins, female flowers are located next to the buds of the bracts.
In mature fruit, there are 3-5 nuts protected by a green cover (plus), with a ragged, jagged edge. The edible seed, except for the plus, is protected by a brownish woody shell. The shape of the fetus, depending on the variety, is round, heart-shaped or round-oval. Size over 1 cm in diameter.
Bred by crossing several species of wild hazelnuts, the cultural form obtained the best qualities: resistance to cold, diseases and pests, as well as large-fruited. Today, walnuts are grown in Europe, Russia, North America and Asian countries, in territories where the climate is mostly temperate, although there are varieties resistant to low temperatures.
Did you know? Hazel wood is valued in the furniture industry and inlaid. The material has a natural sheen, flexibility, flexibility in processing and a characteristic pinkish-brown tint.
Chemical composition and calorie content
Even fried kernels are beneficial to the body because they contain amino acids, minerals, vitamins and other useful elements necessary for the body.
In the composition of the fruits:
- healthy fats - omega-6, omega-9;
- phytosterol compounds;
- essential amino acids - arginine, valine, isoleucine, leucine;
- vitamins - thiamine (B1), pantothenic acid (B5), folic acid (B9), tocopherol (E), biotin (H), phylloquinone (K), nicotinamide (PP);
- minerals - iron, copper, zinc, potassium, calcium, silicon, magnesium, phosphorus, molybdenum, chromium, cobalt, manganese.
Energy value per 100 g:
- proteins 16 g;
- fats 67 g;
- carbohydrates 10 g.
Given the whole complex of elements in the composition of the fruits, the product has a beneficial effect on both individual organs and body systems. Important! Only fresh and high-quality product brings benefit, when buying, pay attention to its color, smell and storage conditions.
- Properties and action of cores:
- Replenishes the lack of vitamins and minerals.
- It is a source of essential amino acids.
- Improves the female reproductive system. It contributes to the conception and supply of the fetus with elements necessary for normal development. It supports the mother's body, helps to recover after childbirth, especially after blood loss, and promotes lactation.
- Increases libido in men, stimulates sexual function, improves the quality of seminal fluid, and prevents prostate disease.
- Improves appearance - hair, skin, nails. Prevents premature aging of cells, the formation of early wrinkles. It is a prophylaxis and therapeutic agent for skin diseases.
- It stabilizes the nervous system, relieves anxiety symptoms, and eliminates insomnia.
- Develops children's memory, the ability to assimilate learning material, concentration of attention. Promotes normal growth and development of bone and muscle tissue, strengthens tooth enamel.
- Improves metabolism, eliminates the formation of cholesterol plaques, is easily absorbed by the body. Thanks to fiber, it gently cleanses the intestines from undigested food.
- It is useful for the cardiovascular system, blood circulation and blood formation, reduces the risk of anemia and heart disease.
What is the best way to consume
Of course, raw nut will be the most useful, in which case it will transmit the full vitamin and mineral complex. In addition, it is less calorie - in 100 grams 650 kcal. Nutritionists recommend soaking the cores in water for a couple of hours, so the product is easier to digest.
Next comes the dried core. Dried in natural conditions without heat treatment, the fetus loses the minimum amount of oil and water, its caloric content, BZHU and the composition of nutrients remains unchanged. Learn how to roast unshelled hazelnuts properly and without. After heat treatment, the nut loses up to 10% of vitamins, oils and water. Calorie content is growing, especially if you fry in a large amount of oil, add salt or sugar. Properly prepared kernels will not bring harm, subject to normal use. A day is allowed to eat no more than 30 g of fruits, raw or dried up to 50 g.
Usually, raw or dry hazelnuts are used in folk medicine, but there are a couple of recipes using a slightly fried kernel. You can eliminate anemia with the help of such a drug: a mixture of fruits and honey in a 2: 1 ratio, crushed in a blender. Take 1 tbsp. l without a slide three times a day before meals.
With anemia, a medicine is prepared from the following ingredients:
- nuts 2 tbsp. l .;
- honey 2 tsp;
- dried apricots 5 fruits;
- boiling water 250 ml.
The components are mixed, add 50 ml of boiling water and beat in a blender. Then add the remaining water and insist half an hour. Eat 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day, before or after meals (it does not matter), the course lasts three weeks. Important! Hazelnuts are not an independent drug, you should not refuse therapeutic treatment prescribed by a doctor. Dryness and peeling of the skin (face, hands) can be eliminated with the help of nut paste. For preparation, take 6-8 fruits, grind to a powder state. Then add to the mass of 20 ml of olive or linseed oil, allow to stand for 20-30 minutes. The impregnated mixture is applied to unhealthy skin for 10 minutes, rinse off best with cool green tea or chamomile infusion.
- There are several contraindications to the use of roasted hazelnuts:
- liver disease
- exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases;
- pancreatic disease.
It is harmful to overeat, because in large quantities the product can cause severe headache. Children can be eaten from 3 years, trying on the nucleolus, gradually increasing the norm, if there is no negative reaction.
Hazelnuts, like walnuts, are popular in cooking, as they bring both pleasant taste and texture to the dish. Sweet tooths will appreciate chocolate with whole kernels, nut pasta with chopped fruits and various kinds of pastries with nuts added to the dough, filling or as a decoration. Did you know? For many peoples, hazelnut was revered as a symbol of God: among the Romans - Mercury, among the Scandinavians - Odin, among the Greeks - Hermes, among the Celts - Meadows. Oily crushed mass is added to spice up cottage cheese mousses, cheese snacks, salads from vegetables, fruits, meat and poultry. Hazelnuts are popular as an ingredient in meat rolls, zraz with mushrooms, mini rolls of turkey, chicken. To the second courses add nut-cream sauce, gravy with chopped kernels. It is healthy and nutritious to eat the product for breakfast with whole grain cereal and fruit.
Hazelnuts are used as a flavoring agent for alcohol, coffee, milk drinks. With the addition of kernels, they bake bread and prepare sugary oriental sweets. Roasted walnut has a more pronounced aroma and taste than raw. Even with the loss of a small amount of nutrients during the roasting process, hazelnuts are good for the body, but in a metered amount.