What is carrot juice good for women?
Carrots are one of the vegetables that are recommended for use in the diet. The benefits of carrot juice are due to the high content of carotene and antioxidants. How does the product affect women's health, and how to use it correctly, read below.
Did you know? Since 1991, in Portugal, carrots are considered not as vegetables, but as fruits and are used to make world-famous jam.
Description and characteristics of carrot juice
Carrot juice is a liquid food substance, with a faint vegetable smell, orange. Its taste is sweet-tart.
There are 3 types of juices:
- freshly squeezed - produced from fresh carrots and consumed immediately;
- direct extraction - produced in a similar way to freshly squeezed, and then pasteurized and poured into aseptic packaging;
- reconstituted - juice concentrate diluted with water, pasteurized and placed in aseptic packaging.
One of the advantages of carrot substance is that after heat treatment it practically does not lose its beneficial properties. At elevated temperatures, fiber breaks down and carotene transitions into an easily digestible form.
The chemical composition and calorie content of carrot juice
Per 100 g of carrot concentrate, 56 kcal. This amount includes:
|organic acids||0.2 g|
|dietary fiber||1 g|
The composition of the products contains a large number of micro and macro elements, among which:
- potassium - 130 mg;
- calcium - 19 mg;
- magnesium - 7 mg;
- sodium - 26 mg;
- phosphorus - 26 mg;
- iron - 0.6 mg.
Of assimilable carbohydrates, the concentrate contains dextrins and starch in an amount of 0.2 g, as well as mono- and disaccharides - 12.4 g.
In addition, the substance includes a whole list of vitamins presented:
- beta carotene;
- ascorbic acid;
- alpha tocopherol;
- A, PP, NE, RE, E.
Do you know how to take carrot juice?
Useful properties of carrot juice for a woman’s body
Throughout life, a woman’s body is constantly exposed to hormonal changes, which cannot but affect her health. At first it is the puberty period. During pregnancy, childbirth and the transition to breastfeeding, only in a year the female body undergoes about 3 rearrangements.
The examined products in freshly pressed form will be useful during pregnancy in almost all its phases. In the initial period, it will help get rid of symptoms of toxicosis, such as nausea in the morning and dizziness.
Important! When introducing carrot juice into the diet of a pregnant woman, it is necessary to take into account the composition of vitamin preparations, which are usually prescribed to improve the bearing of the child. Otherwise, hypervitaminosis can be provoked, which can further negatively affect the baby's condition.
In the second trimester, most women suffer from anemia, which will also help eliminate carrot juice. In such cases, it can be combined with apple fresh 1: 1. In combination with beetroot concentrate, these products will help to gently get rid of constipation. The consumption rate per day of fresh fresh is 50-100 ml.
If diluted with water or consumed in pasteurized form, then the rate can be increased to 0.5 liters per day. However, in the third trimester, it is better to completely abandon the consumption of freshly squeezed concentrates, because they help increase the tone of the uterus, which can serve as an impetus for premature birth.
In the first 3 months of life of the baby, you need to completely abandon the consumption of concentrated vegetable fresh. The baby’s body during this period actively forms the digestive system, so excess load can provoke diathesis and more serious problems. It is allowed to start introducing canned carrot juice (concentration of 20-30%) in the amount of 50 ml per day from 2 months into your diet.
Gradually, you can increase the dosage to 100 ml per day. You need to drink juice only in the morning. If there is a rash, colic in a child needs to be postponed the introduction of the product into the diet for an indefinite period. After 3 months, you can enter and concentrated juice in an amount of 0.5-1 tbsp. / Day. You need to drink it before lunch.
Read more about whether carrots can be used for nursing mothers. A carrot fresh will help a lactating woman to remove toxins from the body, improve well-being and increase immunity, weakened during gestation. With the introduction of infant feeding in the form of mashed carrots, mother should refuse to consume such products.
When losing weight
Applying diets aimed at reducing the body mass index, a woman also undergoes a number of changes that relate to hormonal levels.
Often, losing weight women suffer from cycle changes, mood swings and poor health, as a result of reduced consumption and the rejection of certain foods.
When losing weight, carrot juice can be consumed in any form. The consumption rate per day is 0.5 liters of freshly squeezed and up to 1 liter of canned.
It is better to drink a drink before 16.00. The fact is that it helps to accelerate the processes of metabolism, which stimulates appetite, so it is not advisable to drink it at night while losing weight.
With various diseases
For diseases of the digestive system associated with constipation, fresh juice will help restore intestinal motility and gently remove toxins from the body. If intestinal diseases are accompanied by increased acidity, it is better to prefer pasteurized juice diluted with water.
Important! The maximum assimilation of carotene from carrots can be achieved by combining products with vegetable oil. On a glass of juice (100 ml), it is enough to add 3 drops of olive oil to increase its effectiveness.
It will help enrich the body with useful vitamins and minerals. Gently restore microflora and eliminate the inflammatory process. Juice will help to quickly get rid of puffiness, which will reduce the load on the vessels. In case of nervous disorders, it will help restore the activity of the central nervous system.
Norms and rules of use
Summarizing the above, the dosage of consumption:
- freshly squeezed juice per day is from 50 to 100 ml;
- mixed with water 1: 1 to 0.5 liters per day;
- canned to 0.8 liters per day.
When introducing the products in question into the diet, one should take into account the characteristics of one's own body for a specific period of time. You need to drink juice in any form at least 4 hours before bedtime. You can combine the product in question with almost any vegetables and fruits.
Scopes of carrot juice
This food product is used in cooking, medicine and cosmetology. Its popularity is due to its rich composition and affordability.
Did you know? Nanofibers are made from carrots, and of these, quran fabric. While this fabric is used only for the manufacture of fishing rods, but in the future they plan to replace it with carbon fibers in order to reduce oil consumption.
The products in question can be used in various culinary interpretations:
- vegetable soups - a few spoons of different juices will help enrich the taste of the first dish, even if it does not have meat products;
- marinades - in combination with a citrus concentrate or pomegranate, as well as garlic, the product in question will be an excellent accompaniment for pickling meat, fish and poultry;
- glaze - using carrot juice, you can prepare a confectionery glaze of a saturated beautiful color without the use of chemical dyes;
- soft drinks (to improve color and taste), alcoholic and non-alcoholic cocktails;
- smoothie - when juice is added, the drink turns out to be uniform in structure and easier to drink;
- basis for boiling and stewing vegetables and meat;
- ice cubes - the use of ice cubes from ordinary water dilutes the taste of drinks, made from concentrated vegetable substance, on the contrary, will only complement and open the taste.
Carrot juice has long been used for medicinal purposes.
For women, it will be useful when:
- Thyroid dysfunction - helps restore the central nervous system, which in turn regulates the thyroid gland . Recommended rate 1 tbsp. per day in the morning, 30 minutes after eating. The course is 2 weeks. When using canned substance, the norm is 2-3 tbsp. / Day. The duration of the course is similar.
- Cardiovascular abnormalities - restores vascular tissue, reducing their permeability, helps to remove cholesterol and reduce pressure on the vascular network due to the removal of excess fluid. Norm 1 tbsp. concentrated or 2 tbsp. canned substance per day. The course of treatment is 10 days, then a break for 7 days and again a repeat of the course
- Bleeding gums, stomatitis - juice has antiseptic and regenerative properties. Apply it in such cases in combination with a decoction of chamomile in a ratio of 1: 1. Rinse your mouth for 5 minutes after brushing your teeth. The course of treatment is 10 days. Canned juice is not suitable in such cases.
- Protracted bronchitis - a warm concentrate mixed 1: 1 with water with the addition of 1 tsp. honey, will help get rid of a debilitating cough. Drink this composition 2 times a day, 50 ml, 30 minutes before meals. Continue treatment until symptoms disappear completely.
You can also find out what carrot juice is useful for oncology.
Carrot concentrate helps to restore and disinfect skin. For this purpose, various masks and lotions are made of it. For example, with acne, 20 ml of fresh juice is diluted 1: 1 with boric acid, and 1 tablet of activated carbon is added. A mixture of gauze or linen is dipped in the mixture and then placed on the face for 3 minutes.
After that, thoroughly rinse the composition with warm water. A nutritious anti-aging mask is made using 20 ml of juice and 20 ml of cream. The composition is applied to the face for 20 minutes, then washed off with warm water. Such a mask will make the skin radiant, velvety.
This product has no contraindications, with the exception of personal intolerance and gastrointestinal diseases in the stage of severe exacerbation.
- The rest should strictly adhere to consumption standards, otherwise the following negative reactions of the body may occur:
- yellowing of the skin;
- upset stool.