Variety of cucumbers Lutoyar F1: description and cultivation of the variety
Making a decision to grow vegetables on the site, everyone wants the plants not to be capricious during the cultivation, to give full crops, not to be attacked by pests, and at the same time have a large number of positive properties. Cucumber Lutoyar F1 meets all of these requirements and therefore is gaining more and more popularity every year.
Characterization and description of the variety
Lutoyar F1 is universal, let us consider thanks to what characteristics this variety of cucumbers has become popular not only among professional gardeners, but also among beginners.
- ripening period - ultra-early;
- harvesting period - 35 days;
- productivity - high;
- bush size - medium;
- in each bosom of the leaf, up to 3 ovaries are formed;
- fruiting period is long;
- good disease resistance;
- endowed with the ability to self-pollination;
- can be planted in spring and autumn.
Did you know? Initially, this variety was called the Janissary - in honor of the privileged infantry, which formed the basis of the army in the Ottoman Empire.
Characteristics of the fruits of the variety Lutoyar F1:
- form - gherkin;
- surface - coarse-tuberous with spikes;
- peel is dense;
- flesh - crispy with a strong aroma;
- color is dark green;
- length - 11 cm;
- weight - 100 g;
- easy to carry transportation and long storage.
Advantages and disadvantages
Many newcomers who pay attention to this variety are interested in what advantages and disadvantages it has. Consider each side in more detail.
- Pros of cucumbers Lutoyar F1:
- high yield;
- early ripening;
- good disease resistance;
- high level of transportability;
- no tendency to overgrow and yellow;
- easily tolerates high temperatures and dry climates;
- unpretentiousness in leaving.
The variety is endowed with good indicators of marketability of appearance, so it is often planted in large quantities for subsequent sale. In addition, transportability allows you to transport the crop over long distances. With proper care, up to 20 fruits ripen on the bush. Based on this, during the growing season, 6 kg of cucumbers of this variety are collected from one plant.
Important! The advantage of this hybrid is the ability to grow cucumbers several times in one season.
Lutoyar F1 cucumbers are consumed fresh, they prepare snacks, various dishes and salads. In addition, these vegetables are suitable for preservation.
Optimal time for landing
Thanks to breeders, the seeds do not lose their germination capacity for 10 years, but experts recommend planting material whose age is not older than 4 years. To obtain seedlings, seeds are germinated in the first half of spring. Having made the decision to plant the seeds immediately in a permanent place, they carry out all the manipulations, as with the seedling method. Sowing is carried out after full heating of the soil, most often this is the beginning of May.
Planting and technology for growing cucumbers
The technology for growing hybrid cucumbers includes certain agricultural activities. Let's consider each in more detail.
For growing seedlings, it is recommended to use soil consisting of the following parts:
- humus - 2;
- peat - 2;
- sawdust - 1.
Did you know? The name "cucumber" came from Ancient Greece and sounded like "aguros", which literally translates as unripe or unripe.
Before sowing, preliminary preparation of seeds is carried out:
- They are placed for several hours in a solution based on potassium permanganate. This is done to minimize disease and subsequently obtain healthy seedlings.
- After time, the planting material is placed in a damp cloth for 2 days. At this time, the temperature should be kept at + 20 ° C.
- Now the seeds are placed in the refrigerator for the same period. Such changes in the temperature regime will stimulate the germination of seeds.
After emergence, the plants need light, remove the polyethylene and create the following conditions:
- daily temperature - + 20 ... + 22 ° C;
- night temperature - not less than + 15 ° С;
- illumination of containers for 13 hours;
- systematic soil moisture.
Did you know? Spikes are useful devices, since with their help the fruits relieve excess moisture.
The best predecessors for cucumbers are tomatoes, onions, cabbage and melons. The place should be well lit, without strong gusts of wind. On the beds, the Lutoyar F1 variety is planted at a distance of 60 cm from each other. Compost is obligatory brought into the hole, which is sprinkled with earth on top. And only then spread the seeds. They are deepened and irrigated.
Cucumber care after planting
Consider what needs to be done in order to create suitable conditions for cucumbers for growth and the formation of a subsequent crop.
Fertilizer and watering
To get the maximum yield, cucumbers of any kind are recommended to be fed. Most often, 5 feedings are carried out per season.
Important! Nutrients must be applied under the root so that they do not accidentally burn the stems or leaves of plants. Top dressing is carried out in dry and warm weather.
Various fertilizers are suitable for this:
- Chicken droppings or mullens diluted in water at a ratio of 1:15.
- Superphosphate, urea and potassium sulfate in an amount of 20 g together with 10 l of water.
- 100 g of wood ash, diluted in a bucket of water.
The first treatment is carried out during the appearance of flowering, and the subsequent ones every 3 weeks. A lack of moisture is just as fatal for cucumbers as an overabundance. The intensity of irrigation directly depends on the stage of their development. The intake of moisture is important for young plants; before the flowering period begins, watering is carried out every week. 4 l of water are used per 1 m² of soil.
Bush garter and shaping
Under the weight of the ripening fruit, the branches can break off, to avoid this, you need to carry out the garter of the bush. To garter the main stem, you can use a stick or install trellis, to which all the shoots are attached.
The formation of the bush is carried out as follows:
- In order to activate the appearance of lateral shoots in the axils of the leaves and the subsequent formation of ovaries, it is recommended to pinch the top of the main stem at a height of 1.5 m from the ground.
- Remove all stepchildren and ovaries on the first three leaves, thus blinding them.
- In the following 8 sinuses, stepson is removed.
- Only second-order shoots are removed above.
Learn more about tying cucumbers.
Despite the fact that Lutoyar F1 cucumbers do not need intensive care, there are some procedures without which full growth and harvest are impossible.
- Loosening the soil near the stems. Such actions lead to the preservation of moisture in the soil and an increase in the amount of oxygen supplied to the roots.
- Hilling bushes. Spent several times during the season, do this to activate the growth of new roots, which allows the bush to absorb additional amounts of nutrients from the ground.
- Mulching the soil. Carried out to preserve moisture in the soil. Most often, sawdust or large pieces of bark are used as mulch.
- Weed removal. In order for the plant to receive the maximum amount of moisture and nutrients from the soil, weeds must be removed regularly.
Diseases and pests
One of the hallmarks of Lutoyar F1 cucumbers is disease resistance. When the conditions meet the requirements, the plant is not afraid of any problems. For prevention, fungicides can be used, as well as monitor moisture and the amount of fertilizer in the soil.
Greenhouse conditions may attract some pests, such as:
- spider mite;
Read more about why a spider mite appears on cucumbers and what to do about it.
They begin to pluck the fruits a month after transplanting seedlings to a constant place of growth. Due to the long-term growth of lateral shoots, this period is quite long, and the last cucumbers can be collected after a few weeks. In southern regions or greenhouses, you can harvest this variety twice a season.