The use and benefits of tincture of dill
This article is devoted to the features and properties of tinctures based on dill. Consider the purpose of using such a folk remedy, what useful qualities it has, what composition of mineral and nutritional components is concentrated in it, methods of use and possible contraindications.
Why use tincture of dill
Dill tincture is not an invention of our days. Even in ancient times, people discovered the richness of taste, aroma and useful, even healing properties of this herb. The Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and other peoples used the grass itself and decoctions based on it for a variety of purposes. And today the popularity of this folk remedy is not weakening. Did you know? The first mention of the medicinal properties of dill, found in ancient Egyptian papyrus, dates from the third millennium BC. To improve the digestive processes and neutralize the unpleasant odor after eating meat products, the Egyptians took bundles of dill along the road during shopping trips.
Dill and its tincture have found their application in solving the following issues:
- treatment of viral, infectious and colds;
- disinfection and neutralization of inflammatory processes;
- digestion regulation and elimination of toxins from the body;
- vessel cleaning;
- strengthening immunity;
- getting rid of such phenomena as bloating, colic, flatulence and so on;
- milk generation during feeding;
- a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora;
- normalization of sleep, the fight against insomnia and much more.
Useful properties of tincture of dill
Useful properties of dill determined the specifics of its use.
- Dill tincture:
- used as a neutralizer of various inflammatory processes;
- promotes the elimination of free radicals from the body, which have a detrimental effect on the performance and vital functions of all organs and systems;
- has a calming and relaxing effect, beneficially affecting the nervous system;
- leads to the normalization of metabolic processes;
- regulates the functioning of the digestive system and gastrointestinal tract;
- promotes the elimination of kidney stones;
- has a positive effect on blood vessels by washing them;
- affects the normalization and stabilization of the gallbladder and the generation of bile;
- accelerates and increases the volume of milk production during lactation;
- simplifies the process of expectoration of sputum during periods of exacerbation of viral diseases of the respiratory tract;
- destroys pathogenic bacteria, which also accelerates the healing and cure of the common cold.
Composition and energy value
The main ingredient of the infusion is dill, which is why all the minerals, macro- and microelements inherent in it will be included in the composition.
Read more about the vitamin composition of dill.
100 g of the product contains:
- 40 kcal;
- 2.5 g of protein;
- 0.5 g of fat;
- 6.3 g of carbohydrates;
- 2.8 g of dietary fiber;
- 85.5 g of water.
If we talk about mineral and vitamin compounds, then in dill there are quite a lot of them: vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, C, E, PP; Among the minerals, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, copper, zinc and manganese can be distinguished. Such a vitamin-mineral complex brings undoubted benefits from the use of dill infusion.
The best recipes for tinctures
We present to your attention several of the most commonly used recipes for the best dill-based tinctures:
- The recipe for a universal tincture. Pour 1 tbsp. l dill seeds 200 ml of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes on fire, then remove from the stove and leave at room temperature until completely cooled and infused. Next, the mixture is filtered and, slightly heated, taken in small portions of 75-100 ml at a time.
- The recipe for dill tincture for weight loss. 1 tbsp. l chopped fresh greens of dill is poured with two glasses of boiling water and heated for 5-7 minutes over medium heat. The process of insisting can take 10-12 hours (can be done at night so that you can already take it in the morning). After heating, the infusion can be consumed. Take 3 tablespoons three times daily before meals. The same drink helps in kidney treatment.
- Recipe for improving the health of female reproductive organs. Dill seeds 4 tsp. pour boiling water and simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. After the broth is allowed to cool and infuse for several hours, after which its contents are filtered and taken in half a glass once a day.
- The recipe for dill water for babies. 1 tbsp. l Dill seeds are poured with a glass of boiling water, after which they are insisted for 4-5 hours. Then filter. Before use, a little warm up to the temperature of breast milk.
- Prescription for constipation, bloating, colic, diarrhea. 1 tbsp. l crush dill seeds in a mortar, then pour 200 ml of boiling water. Cool, strain and take 15-20 minutes before eating 3 times a day.
- Recipe for dill infusion on vodka. To make such a drink you will need 2 dill umbrellas, 500 ml of vodka, 0.5 tbsp. l honey, 2-3 branches of fresh dill or 2-3 tablespoons l dried and 1 clove of garlic. Pour umbrellas and sprigs of dill with chopped garlic into a container for insisting. Pour vodka. In this form, insist 4-5 days in a dark, cool place, shaking the contents daily. After every day, try the tincture for taste and aroma. As soon as the results please you, filter the mixture, add the sweetener in the form of honey, stirring it thoroughly. Vodka tincture is ready for use. Fortress - 37–40%.
Important! To increase the effectiveness and usefulness of dill infusion, it is recommended to take it in the morning on an empty stomach.
For whatever purpose dill is used, certain rules should be followed everywhere.
In folk medicine
As for the use of dill broth in folk medicine, the main rule here is not to overdo it. Excessive consumption of such potions can also contribute to the opposite effect, for example, the work of the stomach and intestines may become disordered, as well as diarrhea due to the stimulating function of dill tincture to remove toxins.
The maximum allowable frequency of taking such infusions is 3-4 times a day. In this case, one should strictly follow the recipe and the specified proportions in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
Did you know? In Kievan Rus, dill was endowed with magical properties. They were protected from evil spirits by the house, and they were also often used in magical rites and witchcraft by molfars and healers. The latter also discovered the useful properties of dill, adding it to the healing herbs, infusions, decoctions and all kinds of potions.
Due to its versatility, such a folk medicine as dill infusion can be given even to newborns. It is important to observe the dosage, for example, a newborn can be given no more than 2-3 drops at a time. Starting from the year, dill water is given for 1 tsp., And from three years you can give a third of a glass (about 65–70 ml). From the age of six, dill infusions can be given in the same proportion as for adults.
Unlike newborns, adults can use dill tincture in portions of 75-100 ml for the treatment of colds, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, kidney problems, cervical osteochondrosis, weight loss, also during pregnancy and in some other cases.
Important! For young children, and especially for newborns, it is recommended to prepare a fresh tincture each time to avoid a breakdown in the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
With all the negative manifestations of the state of pregnancy, dill infusion will help to cope easily and successfully. Such concepts as toxicosis, mood swings, disorders of the nervous system, tension, constipation, viral diseases of the respiratory tract will be neutralized thanks to dill. The immune system will strengthen, and the body will replenish and restore the balance of mineral compounds that the expectant mother urgently needs.
The child will be completely safe and even benefit from vitamins. So dill water during pregnancy is not only useful, but also a folk remedy mandatory for use. The only thing that a future mother should do is consult with her doctor about the possibility of using the infusion and its dosage.
There are not so many contraindications for tinctures based on dill, but still they are.
- These include:
- individual intolerance to the product;
- an allergic reaction (extremely rare);
- the presence of hypotension (infusion of dill helps reduce pressure, which is unacceptable with such an ailment);
- diarrhea (dill will only exacerbate the problem);
- the neglected stage of the formation of kidney stones (if they are not previously crushed, then dill will contribute to their elimination in an undisturbed form, which can be traumatic).
Important! Before taking any of the suggested recipes, you should make sure that you have no contraindications. It is better to consult a doctor to avoid causing your body unwanted harm.
The useful properties of dill, mankind revealed long before the beginning of our era. This herb is successfully used in folk medicine to solve a huge number of problematic issues related to the health of the human body.
Based on the information on the rules for using and using various recipes for dill tincture, you can improve your health. The main thing is to follow the instructions and make sure that there are no contraindications, then dill infusion will delight you with its healing qualities.