Turnip benefits and harm to men's health
Many people know about turnip, but its use in culinary in our time is an extremely rare occurrence. There are also many folk recipes for using turnips from various ailments. Consider the use of this root crop in relation to men's health, as well as its properties and methods of preparation.
Male Turnip Properties
Among the properties of turnip, this vegetable is specifically isolated for men. This root crop comes from the cabbage genus. It is an annual or biennial plant. Most often, the color of this vegetable is yellow, its diameter is about 20 cm, and its weight can be up to 10 kg. Consider the benefits and harms for men.
This vegetable contributes to the additional production of testosterone, that is, it can be used to increase male strength in impotence. In addition, the use of this root vegetable in raw dishes reduces the appearance of fatty plaques on the walls of blood vessels, including in the inguinal region.
Another usefulness for males - turnip increases the number and mobility of sperm, and, therefore, is recommended for use in case of problems with conception.
The normal activity of the hormonal system of men depends on the use of vitamin B, and its main source is turnip. With a lack of elements of this group in men, a weak erection is observed and the level of sexual desire is reduced.
- But not only on the genital area, the benefits of this product are limited:
- it contains a lot of calcium, the amount of which is not affected by heat treatment, and calcium is strong bones. Therefore, this product is used to prevent rickets and osteoporosis;
- This vegetable is used to increase the body's resistance to colds. Use it for the prevention and treatment of diseases of the respiratory system: bronchitis, asthma, laryngitis;
- gastrointestinal tract: stimulates the secretion of gastric juice, cleans the cavity of internal organs from toxins and other harmful substances, renews and cleanses the liver;
- cardiovascular system: removes cholesterol, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, normalizes heart rate;
- has a diuretic effect, and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the excretory organs. Used to prevent urolithiasis;
- used for joint diseases and skin problems; regular intake of this root crop helps to reduce emotional excitability, improves sleep. Recommended for men with reduced stress resistance.
To summarize, we can say that for men, a vegetable will be useful in many aspects. Even if there is no specific ailment, the use of this vegetable as a whole has a positive effect on the body.
Harm and contraindications
- Despite the huge number of advantages, this vegetable still has some contraindications if:
- there is an ulcer of the stomach or duodenum;
- exacerbation of any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- increased acidity;
- gastritis, hepatitis, cholecystitis;
- severe disorders of the nervous system.
Important! For many of these ailments, the use of turnips in the raw form is contraindicated. During heat treatment, this vegetable loses its aggressive properties. But it’s better to consult a doctor.
Turnip is a dietary product. It contains about 0.1-0.2% of fat, and calorie content is only 32 kcal per 100 g.
In addition, the vegetable contains:
- nitrogen-free substances or carbohydrates - 6.2-6.5%;
- nitrogenous substances or proteins - 1.1-1.5%;
- vitamins: A, beta-carotene, B1, B2, B4, B5, B6, B9, C, E, K, PP;
- macronutrients: potassium, calcium, magnesium, sodium, sulfur, phosphorus;
- trace elements: iron, manganese, copper, selenium, zinc.
The basic rules for choosing a good vegetable
Turnips come in many varieties. Yellow has coarser dietary fiber, and white has a less pronounced odor, but softer fibers are better absorbed by the body.
Fruits should be selected without noticeable damage and stains. Ripe root crops are heavier in weight than they seem visually. Smaller root crops are less bitter.
Important! When buying this vegetable in winter or spring, it should be understood that, most likely, it was processed with chemicals for better storage and lost most of its beneficial properties.
As already noted, turnip contains a huge amount of nutrients. But some of them are present in small quantities.
The main substances that make up a significant part of the daily norm (the substance and the percentage of the daily norm are indicated):
- manganese - 6.7%;
- copper - 4.3%;
- potassium - 4.1%;
- calcium - 3%;
- vitamin C - 35%;
- Vitamin B6 - 4.5%;
- Vitamin B9 - 3.8%.
As you can see, vitamin C is the largest amount of all the substances contained in turnips, which is why it is good to use it during colds to prevent colds.
How to cook turnips
The expression "simpler than a steamed turnip" is not in vain entered into use. Indeed, it is very simple to prepare it, if we talk about the gastronomic side of this product. It can be cooked in different types: steamed, baked, stewed, mashed turnips or eat raw, adding to salads.
Preparation consists in cleaning the root crop and cutting it into pieces. After which it is baked or cooked. As a rule, it is combined with other vegetables or products.
Recipe number 1
Recipe number 2
Boiled turnip in milkIf you look at this root crop as a medicinal product, then in this case the proportions and regularity of intake are important: improper use can lead to discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract or gas formation.
Recipe number 1
Steps 5 Ingredients
- root crop
1 tbsp. l
- We clean and cut the turnips into small pieces.
- Cook it in salted water until soft.
- After cooking, drain the water.
- As it cools, grate it on a grater.
- Add raw carrots, also grated, in a 2: 1 ratio.
- After that add honey.
Use this mixture half an hour before meals 3 times a day, 3-4 tablespoons. You can add sour cream or cream to get the most out of this recipe, since the vitamins in carrots are fat-soluble. You can store the mixture in a glass bowl in the refrigerator.
For the same purposes, you can use boiled turnips weighing 200 g after 2 days. You can complement the turnip with lean meat.
Just boiled turnip in the form of gruel is applied with gout.
Did you know? In ancient Russia there was a profession - turnip spitters, which consisted in the fact that people gathered burdock seeds of this vegetable into their mouths and then spat out, sowing in such a peculiar way.
Recipe number 2
Boiled turnip in milk
Ingredient Steps 3
- root crop
3 tbsp. l
- Boil turnips in milk.
- After this, grind in a blender to a puree state.
- Add honey.
It should be consumed 3 times a day for half an hour before a meal of 100 g. The course should last at least a month. To enhance the effect, you can drink with carrot juice.
Turnip is added raw to the salad. The vegetable is rubbed. At the same time, salad ingredients can be very diverse, based on your preferences. It should be seasoned with vegetable oil: sunflower, sesame or olive. It is better to eat before the main dish 1-2 times a day.
Instead of root crops, you can use burdock leaves, which will also be useful.
Turnip Seed Use
The seeds contain the largest amount of nutrients, so for potency you should take half a teaspoon of dry whole grains every day. At the same time, it can be consumed both in pure form and added to different dishes.
Another option is a teaspoon of seeds soaked for 30 minutes. You need to take daily for a month, then take a break.
Did you know? By decision of WHO, 2004 was called the year of turnip.
- Juice for the genitourinary system has a number of useful properties:
- anti-inflammatory properties;
- diuretic property;
- breeding stones.
2 recipes for improving potency in the form of fresh juice:
- Add carrot, apple, pumpkin juices to burdock juice at the rate of 1: 1. It is worth drinking juice 3 times a day, 100 ml (this is also recommended for stones) between meals.
- Another effective way is to mix burdock juice with red natural wine in a 1: 1 ratio. And drink 25-30 ml 3 times a day half an hour before meals.
It is also effectively used for many other diseases:
- with osteoporosis . Take 200 ml of juice from turnips and 2 tsp daily. carrot and dandelion juices for a month;
- the juice of this vegetable is a good antiseptic, therefore, it can be used to rinse the mouth with pain in the teeth and tonsils, for example, with stomatitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis. Rinse should be several minutes 3 times a day;
- with reduced acidity of the stomach . 20 minutes before eating, you need to drink 100 ml of juice from fruits and leaves of yellow turnip 2 times a day. The course of treatment is 2 weeks;
- skin problems . The antibacterial properties of turnip juice are good to use to combat dandruff. To prepare the composition, use burdock oil, onion and burdock juices in a ratio of 1: 1: 4. The prepared mixture is applied to the scalp and distributed through the hair. After half an hour, you need to wash your hair from this mask. The procedure is carried out 3 times a week. Number of procedures - up to 10;
- To moisturize the skin, use the following mask: yolk and a spoonful of turnip juice, sour cream, honey. The mixture is applied to the skin and washed off after 10 minutes. The procedure is carried out 2 times a week;
- upper respiratory tract diseases. The root crop is cut into pieces and sprinkled with sugar, after which it is put in the oven on a small fire. When the juice begins to stand out, it is filtered and taken in a tablespoon 4 times a day.