Treatment and prevention of allergies to hazelnuts
Hazelnuts have a lot of useful properties and a pleasant taste - they are used in cooking and eaten with pleasure without any processing. But in certain people, the body is able to respond to it as if it were poisonous. How to recognize an allergy to hazelnuts in time, as well as what are the features of the treatment, will be described later.
Is there an allergy to hazelnuts
The occurrence of an allergic reaction to the fruit of the hazel (aka hazel) does occur. Moreover, this plant begins to bloom one of the first, provoking the first symptoms of spring hay fever (an allergic reaction to pollen).
Did you know? Hazel is considered a weed in forestry, as it reproduces extremely rapidly, occupying open areas.
The flowering period falls in mid-March, when mold activity is manifested. These allergens are very strong and, in combined action, can significantly worsen the condition of an allergic person.
Both wild and cultivated hazel produce pollen, which, like fruits, contains t4 protein . And he, in turn, is identical in structure to the protein contained in the birch. Therefore, with an allergy to birch, a cross-reaction also unambiguously occurs - to hazelnuts and pollen.
Reasons for the appearance
A treat is perceived as poison for the following reasons:
- Hereditary factor . A similar recall of a product is predetermined genetically and manifests itself from early childhood.
- Weakened immunity or failure of its work . Often there is a confrontation of the immune system with the nut protein, mistaken for the enemy.
- Disruption of the digestive system . Because of this, nutty protein is simply not absorbed by the body, which can provoke allergic reactions.
Important! Processing hazelnuts (salting, thermal) only enhances allergies.
Symptoms of Hazelnut Allergy
Any food allergy occurs when certain foods appear in the diet. They are the cause of the negative reaction of the immune system. In order for signs of allergy to appear, hazelnuts do not need to be consumed at all - just touch it, smell it.
A child may also suffer from allergic reactions. They can appear due to eating even scanty portions of the allergen.
If the immune system does not work, then a symptom such as non-healing diaper rash in the folds of the skin appears. However, they are not delayed even with proper hygiene.
If an adult is able to consciously respond to signs of an allergy, then the baby needs to be monitored. For example, a depressed or overly excited state may confirm the presence of an allergic reaction.
Did you know? At the beginning of the twentieth century, allergies were called "a strange ailment." This is because it was impossible to predict the reaction of the body to any allergen.
There are sudden and delayed allergies, in which a crisis occurs 2-3 hours after contact with the allergen.
- In adults, allergic sensitivity is indicated by the following symptoms:
- the skin turns red, becomes stained, swelling is observed;
- itching and swelling appears;
- palpitations, blood pressure, fainting and fever are observed;
- rhinitis, cough with shortness of breath, sore throat, lacrimation, asthma attacks;
- there are pains in the stomach, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea;
- anaphylactic shock.
If at least one symptom appears, measures should be taken immediately.
If all symptoms indicate an allergic disease, consult a doctor. He will prescribe tests to determine what may be an allergen and prescribe therapy. In this case, the allergist will find out whether there was contact with hazelnuts, how quickly the reaction occurred, what the symptoms were and how they went.
In addition, an injection will be prescribed to the patient, in which a drop of allergen extract will be placed on the skin, and with a small scratch, the solution will leak under the skin. In case of a positive reaction, the allergy is confirmed. A blood test will also be performed to measure the content of IgE antibodies.
Important! If you are allergic to hazelnuts, you should call an ambulance immediately, as the condition can become critical.
The basic principles of allergy therapy include:
- emergency assistance;
- withdrawal of manifestations;
- getting rid of the consequences;
- elimination of the allergen and its decomposition products.
The provision of emergency care before the arrival of specialists includes the following activities:
- the victim is laid on his back on a flat surface;
- the head is turned on its side;
- monitor the pulse and breathing.
Treatment for the removal of symptoms is carried out on an outpatient basis. Antihistamines are prescribed to the patient.
The most popular of them are:
Skin manifestations (itching, redness, swelling) will help remove ointments and gels:
- La Cree
Drops will help from tearing and redness of the eyes:
In order to remove irritants from the body and restore the functioning of the digestive system, sorbents are necessarily included in the course of therapy.
They accumulate decay products and remove them. As a result, the gastric mucosa calms down.
These drugs include:
- Activated carbon.
Hormonal drugs can be prescribed for food allergies. In order for the therapy to be successful, the patient is prescribed a diet.
The first two weeks, all protein components are removed from the diet. Moreover, such a restriction applies if even earlier negative reactions to them were not observed.
- The following products are strictly prohibited:
- milk and products from it;
- cereal cereals;
- bakery and confectionery products;
- fish and meat dishes;
Important! With the use of alternative medicine, with pronounced signs of allergy, they are ineffective, since many medicinal plants themselves are powerful allergens.
At the same time, there are a number of products with a low degree of allergenicity.
- It is they who are recommended to be included in your diet when treating an allergic reaction:
The following products have an average level of allergenicity:
- turkey poultry;
Allergy sufferers are advised to eat only fresh foods and try not to use preservatives when cooking.
Did you know? There is an allergy to water: it manifests itself in the form of urticaria and is found in people with a frequency of 1:23 000 000. The reaction occurs in distilled water, and water procedures end with fever and rash .
First of all, you need to protect yourself or your child from a hidden enemy - an allergen.
Of course, you won’t be able to completely protect yourself, but a number of important rules should be observed:
- If you are prone to allergies, carefully use unfamiliar foods. The same applies to products with a high level of allergenicity.
- Carefully introduce new foods to the baby’s diet. In this case, you need to give new items in small portions and monitor the reaction.
- When eating unfamiliar food, you should familiarize yourself with the composition. It may contain potentially unsafe components.
- Do not use cosmetics with peanut butter or extract.
Hazelnut allergy is not a sentence at all. A healthy lifestyle, timely rest and maintaining the right diet will certainly lead to the right result. The body adapts to the new rules and will be able to recover.