Processing peach in the fall from diseases
Peach fruit trees are quite demanding crops, and therefore need a systematic and proper conduct of agricultural activities. Processing in the autumn period is one of the most important stages of care procedures - it will become the protection of the tree and the crop from damage by various diseases and pest attacks. As a reward for proper care, every gardener will be able to get delicious and juicy fruits of the highest quality.
What is the purpose of spraying?
Despite the constant work of breeders aimed at creating new varieties, the main qualities of which are unpretentious care and crop immunity to harmful pathogens, fruit trees still need the help of a gardener for a high yield - they need watering, top dressing, pruning, and also processing.
Important! The exposure time of the chemical solution is 2–2.5 weeks, therefore spraying must be carried out systematically.
Spraying is carried out several times a year and sets different goals, depending on the season:
- spring spraying - is used as a prophylaxis of fungal diseases and attacks of various pests, as well as from those insects that have successfully wintered on plants and in the soil.
- summer treatment - used as foliar top dressing.
- Autumn processing - used to treat various diseases.
How and how to handle trees?
When choosing drugs for pest control and disease treatment, it is worth considering that each of these solutions is aimed at solving one type of problem, and therefore it is recommended to use them comprehensively.
There are several basic tools used in processing:
- Iron sulfate is a drug used to process peaches. Useful trace elements and iron contained in the solution nourish the plant and improve the oxidation process. The substance fights against lichen, moss, cytosporosis, scab and black cancer, as well as various parasites. Such processing helps to improve the quality and quantity of the crop. To prepare a solution, 1 kg of dry iron sulfate powder is dissolved in 15 l of water.
- Copper sulfate - contains fungicidal components, which are used as a fight against putrefactive diseases, powdery mildew, scab and other diseases.
- Urea - a drug that is used to destroy the larvae of various pests, as well as as a fertilizer plant.
Before proceeding with the processing of a fruit tree, it is worth examining it: if there is moss or lichen on the trunk or branches, it is necessary to carefully clean this place with a metal brush.
You should also inspect the sprayer: it is important to make sure that the hose is long enough to reach the top of the tree, since uneven processing will not bring the desired result. The solution itself must be homogeneous, and therefore it should be mixed in a separate container and only then filled into the apparatus.
Important! In the manufacture of a urea solution, it is necessary to clearly follow the instructions, otherwise a high concentration of the drug can lead to numerous burns to the tree.
Starting directly to spraying, it is necessary to adhere to the basic rules of technology:
- in order for the solution to completely cover the entire plant with dew, the tip of the device should be kept at a distance of about 70 cm from the plant;
- you need to ensure that the drug is also applied to the back of the foliage;
- After completing the procedure, thoroughly rinse all parts of the apparatus.
When spraying to control pests, it is recommended to additionally cultivate the soil of the trunk circle and neighboring plants.
Features of autumn and winter treatment from diseases
The autumn period is characterized by the largest amount of work in the garden, because you should carefully prepare the plants for the period of winter dormancy - it is in the fall that the foundation for health and the proper development of crops is laid.
Read in more detail the basic rules for warming a peach tree for the winter.
Autumn preparation consists of several main stages:
- Before starting spraying, you should harvest the entire crop and collect all the fallen leaves, in which many pests can conduct life activities.
- Before processing, you should familiarize yourself with the weather forecast: in the next few days after spraying, there should be no rain that will simply wash off the preparations, and the weather itself should not be cold and calm.
- It is extremely undesirable to constantly use the same drugs, since infectious pathogens quickly adapt. Therefore, even if the first time the treatment helped very well, there is no guarantee that the same effect will remain in subsequent times.
Peach is not sprayed in the winter - at this time, the plants are at rest, just like other organisms, and therefore there is no threat to health.
However, during the thaw, it is recommended to whitewash boles and skeletal branches, which will not only protect against pests, but also reliably protect the bark of young trees from sunburn. As a whitewash, a 20% lime solution is used. Previously, the trunk is cleaned, and all cracks are smeared with garden var.
Did you know? The closest relative, and also supposedly a peach mutation, is nectarine.
What will happen if you do not spray trees in the fall?
Processing in the autumn is perhaps the most necessary stage in the fight against pests and various diseases. It is known that many of them calmly winter under the bark of a tree, in fallen leaves and soil.
With the onset of heat, insects and harmful pathogens begin active reproduction, which leads to a slowdown of the plant vegetation process and their slow recovery after hibernation. Affected trees will not be able to develop correctly, and the quality and quantity of the crop will be at risk. That is why spraying in the fall plays a large role in the cultivation of fruit crops.
Video: autumn sulphate treatment
Processing Precautions and Precautions
Since autumn is the time when the entire crop is harvested, the treatment is carried out using pesticides, which are most effective in controlling pests and diseases. It should be understood that interacting with such drugs must be extremely careful, because their direct contact with the human body can cause serious harm to health.
For this reason, it is recommended that you follow the basic precautions:
- Before spraying, protect eyes with glasses, hands with gloves, and wear protective clothing;
- if the drug gets into the eyes or mouth, immediately wash the affected area with soap and water;
- storage of chemicals near food is unacceptable;
- after processing, all inventory, as well as overalls, are washed in a soap solution and poured with boiling water.
Growing peaches in the garden, you should always remember about proper and timely care, one of the main stages of which is the regular fight against pests and numerous diseases. This approach will ensure the health of fruit trees, as well as an annual stable harvest of high quality.