Outdoor radish bait
Fertilizers are an important aspect in the care of radish plantings. In order for the crop to mature successfully, bait must be applied, observing the clear rules of agricultural technology. About what means radishes need and how to deposit them, read further in the article.
What are the nutrition for radishes for?
Fertilizing radishes, like other crops, are needed for the rapid development of plants. Fertilizing certain types of agents affects the culture in different ways. Nitrogen supplements are needed to build green mass, and potassium-phosphorus preparations contribute to the development of fruits.
Did you know? The name of the radish comes from the Latin "radix" - "root".
Fertilizers at the growth stage are needed if no recharge was made during planting. Also, top dressing may be necessary in the case when the recommended doses of funds were violated during sowing. In this case, the development of plants may occur with deviations from the norm.
How to understand that radish needs to be fed
The fact that a plant needs top dressing can be understood by its appearance. A radish should be fed in two cases:
- If the stems grow poorly and the leaves are too pale. In this case, the plant lacks nitrogen.
- Too plentiful green mass. And as a result - the probable fading of root crops. The reason for this is most likely an excess of nitrogen. To correct the situation, add potassium-phosphorus mixtures.
Types of fertilizers
Of the main nutrients, plants most of all need nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. These substances are obtained by plants through the introduction of two types of fertilizers: organic and mineral.
Did you know? One of the plants that were grown on the International Space Station for research purposes was radish.
Organic products combine micro and macro elements in a complex. The most used and available substances:
- chicken droppings;
- wood ash.
Mineral agents are one-, two-component or complex. A suitable complex is selected depending on which element the plant needs.
Among the nitrogenous substances are:
- ammonium nitrate;
- ammonia water;
- ammonium sulfate.
Of potash supplements, it is preferable to use:
- potassium salt;
- potassium chloride;
- potassium sulfate.
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with growing radishes at home. From phosphate top dressing, good reviews received:
- double superphosphate.
When choosing a drug with several elements in the composition, pay attention to the following tools:
- Ammophos. The fertilizer contains 4 parts of phosphorus and 1 part of nitrogen.
- Nitroammofoska. The product contains phosphorus, nitrogen and potassium in the complex.
- "Carboammophoska". Make-up refers to a complex nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium fertilizing substance.
The better to feed the radish in the open ground and what fertilizers to use
The first and most basic radish recharge is introduced, as mentioned above, during planting. Due to the short growing season (25–40 days, depending on the variety), the nutrients introduced during sowing are sufficient for full ripening. If during the sowing company no funds were deposited or the dosage was impaired, fertilizer will be needed in the process of plant growth.
Important! When depositing multiple funds, pay attention to their compatibility. For example, superphosphate cannot be mixed with calcium nitrate, phosphate rock.
For the above agricultural acceptance into the loosened soil, based on 1 m², it is necessary to make:
- 5 kg of compost;
- 200 g of ash;
- 40 g of double superphosphate;
- 10 g of urea.
Top dressing during growth
Radish requires “feeding” in the growth process, in the case of:
- if the leaves and stems are pale - feed the radish with a urea solution prepared at the rate of 1 tsp. substances on a bucket of water.
- excessive growth of the green, aerial parts of the plant - apply fertilizer to the soil in the form of a mixture of 40 g of superphosphate, 20 g of potassium sulfate and 200 g of ash infused in a bucket of water.
Important! Do not exceed the indicated doses for bait! Excess fertilizer is detrimental to a potential crop.
Agronomists advise fertilizing the soil without affecting the root crop and the tops. With foliar top dressing, burns of the green part of the plant are possible. Do not use concentrated preparations.