Is it possible to give chickens yeast?
Poultry, however, like wild ones, suffers quite hard from the cold season due to the lack of green food, and with it small insects - a natural source of protein. During this period, birds need an additional amount of vitamins and minerals, one of the storehouses of which are yeast feed.
Why do chickens get yeast?
The feed that is given to poultry is subjected to yeast in order to improve nutritional qualities. Not all feeds are equally rich in vitamins and minerals, to improve this indicator, yeast is introduced into the diet of the bird. Thanks to yeast, the appetite improves in birds, laying eggs increase in laying hens, meat breeds gain weight better.
Important! A necessary condition for the normal course of the fermentation process is the creation of a nutrient medium for the fungus, such an environment is carbohydrates. In the case of feed yeast, it is cereals that act as a source of these carbohydrates. If after fermentation, after some time, the active fermentation process has stopped, then the microorganism does not have enough nutrition. This is easy to fix - add 1 - 2 tbsp to the must . tablespoons of sugar.
Advantages and disadvantages of using
- Thanks to the use of yeast in feeding poultry, the following improvements can be seen:
- top dressing prevents the development of vitamin deficiency;
- the bird eats better;
- fermented feed is better absorbed (this is especially true in relation to protein feed);
- the body's resistance to various diseases increases;
- metabolism and endocrine processes are optimized;
- the probability of fertilization of eggs increases;
- laying layers bring larger eggs;
- in the cold season, bird productivity increases by more than 20%;
- chickens of meat direction gain weight faster, and young animals have an accelerated gain in muscle mass (more than 14% compared to chickens that do not have yeast feeding), and not fat.
- If in summer feeding of feathery yeast is most likely to lead to an increased content of protein, nitrogen and its derivatives in the body, this will cause the appearance of such problems:
- inflammatory processes in the joints and cesspool;
- biting and cannibalism.
Did you know? Yeast belongs to the class of mushrooms. In our time, about 500 species of these simplest organisms are known, and each species can have several thousand strains. People found application for this culture more than 5 thousand years ago - the ancient Egyptians used them in brewing.
Before proceeding with the yeast process, it is necessary to grind the grain mixture. The finer the grinding you get, the better. There are three main methods of yeast, which will be described below. For all three methods, some rules should be followed:
- Water for the yeast process should be heated to 36-38 ° C. At a lower temperature, the yeast will not “start”, die. A higher temperature is also unacceptable for the vital activity of yeast fungi.
- The volume of the feed mixture steamed with yeast should not exceed 40% of the volume of the tank in which the process is carried out.
- Yeast must be well mixed, complete dissolution, no clots should be.
This yeast method consists of two phases:
- Kneading dough.
Find out what and how to properly feed laying hens to rush better.
To prepare the dough, you need to take 180-220 g of ground feed and 10 g of dry yeast. Ingredients are poured into 500 ml of water of the indicated temperature (36-38 ° C), mix well, and put in a warm place.
Within 3.5-4.5 hours (depending on the quality of the yeast, air temperature and other factors), the dough is suitable. After the indicated time, about 800 g of feed and 1 liter of water of the indicated temperature are added to the dough, mixed and put in a warm place for 4.5-5 hours.
For the following method of cooking food you will need:
- ground grain - 1 kg;
- water - 1.5 l;
- baker's yeast - 20 g;
Important! Remember to mix the wort. This is necessary for the access of oxygen necessary for the vital activity of the yeast. The consistency of the mass should also be controlled - if it is too thick, pour 250 to 400 ml of water. If everything is done correctly, the yeast is normally “ wound up ” , and the water was at the right temperature, after 8 - 8.5 hours you can already feed the bird.
For this method, you will need:
- yeast - 10 g;
- finely ground feed — 1 kg;
- warm water.
After the specified time, add the rest of the grain and warm water to the fermenting mass. Approximate volume of water - 500-700 ml, should be calculated by consistency.
How to increase the effectiveness of yeast nutrition?
A few simple recommendations will greatly enhance the benefits of such top dressing:
- Instead of water, you can take serum of the same temperature. As a result, you will enrich the mixture with carbohydrates, protein, minerals and vitamins.
- Sugar does not just create a breeding ground for the yeast, thereby stimulating its vital activity (the addition of sugar can even wake up almost “dead” yeast). The additional introduction of this carbohydrate increases, by about 16-18%, the nutritional qualities of the mixture.
- Additional sources of carbohydrates, minerals and vitamin - grated vegetables used for winter mixes (zucchini, potatoes, beets) can be added to the feed mixture.
- If you add sprouted grain before yeast, this will add usefulness to the product, which is unnecessary to talk about.
Did you know? Brewer's yeast incorporates a high content of B, PP, H, E vitamins, trace elements and a very large number of the most important macroelements - phosphorus (390 mg) and potassium (600 mg). Due to this quality, they are a fairly common, and also, a natural food supplement.
How to give fodder yeast to chickens?
The most urgent issues to use for feeding fodder yeast: how often you can feed with yeast mixtures, how much to give and how long to store.
Focus on these rules: give about 20 g of the mixture per bird per day or every other day. The shelf life of the finished mixture is no more than 24 hours. If necessary, a certain amount of the feed mixture can be frozen, but the benefits after defrosting from such feed will be much less.