How to take bee pollen for children?
Beekeeping products have long been famous for their useful, healing properties. Today's article is devoted to bee pollen, namely its benefits for children and the rules of use.
The main properties of pollen
Pollen, or as beekeepers call it pollen, is rich in a large number of useful elements.
Did you know? The use of 30 g of pollen per day, covers the daily human need for amino acids.
Each of the substances present has the property that is useful for a growing organism:
- Vitamin A (retinol) - a participant in the process of collagen production, restores the tissues of the mucous membranes, enhancing their protective properties, and prevents the penetration of microbes;
- beta-carotene - is responsible for visual acuity, prevents lens diseases of the eye;
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B5, B6) - healthy central nervous system development, production of antibodies against viruses and infections, hematopoiesis support, a participant in the formation of red blood cells;
- C (ascorbic acid) - the activity of the immune system, neural connections of the brain, the elasticity of blood vessels and capillaries;
- D (calciferol) - helps to absorb calcium, which is important for bones and teeth. It is a mediator of nerve impulses between cells and tissue fibers, it is necessary for the prevention of rickets;
- E (tocopherol) - accelerates tissue regeneration in injuries, is responsible for the normal division of skin cells and cellular respiration, a participant in metabolic processes;
- PP, NE (nicotinamide, niacin) - necessary for heart health, the circulatory system, prevents diabetes;
- potassium - ensures the normal functioning of muscles, heart muscle, converts glucose into energy;
- calcium - “building material” for bones, teeth, muscle and connective tissues, increases resistance to stress, a participant in protein synthesis;
- magnesium - takes an active part in the biochemical processes of the body, energy production, improves the function of the adrenal glands and the production of sex hormones;
- phosphorus - improves the structure of bone tissue and tooth enamel, helps the absorption of proteins and vitamins, participates in the development of the enzymatic system;
- cobalt - important for the thyroid gland, nervous system and liver function. Helps to absorb iron, lowers cholesterol, participates in the synthesis of DNA and RNA molecules;
- Manganese - is involved in the development of cartilage and bone tissue, redox processes, cell regeneration, the body's absorption of vitamins and acids;
- Molybdenum - a participant in the processes of bju exchange, strengthens tooth enamel, promotes the absorption and effective work of antioxidants;
- chromium - regulates the level of sugar, a participant in the synthesis of nucleic acids, provides normal blood circulation.
In addition to the listed vitamins and minerals, the composition contains amino acids and other substances that are also important for immunity, the work of the systems of the child's body.
Essential acids are especially important (isoleucine, phenylalanine, tryptophan), necessary for the assimilation of school material:
- Increase concentration.
- Improve memory function.
- Contribute to the development of analytical and abstract thinking.
- They help relieve tension and restore strength.
Is it possible to give pollen to children
As can be seen from the above, minerals and vitamins take part in the work of almost all organs and systems. The child’s body is not fully formed, therefore, the lack of useful elements feels especially acute, reacting to it with diseases.
Find out the difference between bee pollen and pollen.
Boning is one of the products that can replenish the lion's share of the required substances. Therefore, it is possible to use the product for children, but it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with some rules and cautions.
From what age
According to most pediatricians, beekeeping products, including pollen, are not recommended for children under 3 years of age. The immature enzymatic system of children may not cope with the abundance of active elements in the composition of the product.
- As a result, digestive problems and side effects may occur:
In addition, pollen is an allergen, and the children's immune system is not yet sufficiently developed to resist them.
Important! If the child does not have intolerance to the product, it can be provoked by eating pollen at such a tender age.
Rules and regulations for use
It is recommended to take the dressing before meals for 30–40 minutes, without swallowing immediately, hold in the mouth for some time. Thus, the active components of the product are better absorbed. In order not to embarrass the child with the specific taste of pollen, it can be masked in a dish.
As a prevention of seasonal and other diseases, for a general strengthening of the body, a monthly course of administration is carried out, repeating with an interval of 3-4 months.
The dosage of the product depends on the age of the child:
- up to 7 years - 1/3 tsp Once a day;
- 8-12 years old - 0.5 tsp. 2 times a day;
- over 12 - 1 tsp twice a day.
- Pollen consumption can be harmful to health in the following conditions:
- allergy to bee products;
- psychosomatic problems;
- impaired liver function;
Did you know? Bees can be trained to get pollen from certain plants by feeding them honey syrup of the desired monofleur variety.
Healthy Pollen Recipes
Bonding is part of many therapeutic mixtures.
Some recipes for enhancing children's health:
- problems with the heart or blood vessels - pollen is taken in a dosage according to age three times a day;
- reduced pressure - the product is mixed with honey in equal amounts and taken on an empty stomach;
- anemia, vitamin deficiency - the age-related dosage is stirred in a glass of milk with 1 tsp. honey and drink half a glass a day;
- in case of stress and anxiety, sleep disorders - 20 g slice, 2 g royal jelly and 500 g honey are mixed. The mixture is stored in a dark bowl in the refrigerator, consume 1 tsp. twice a day;
- for nasopharynx disease - 10 g of pollen, 200 g of honey and 30 g of aloe juice mix. Store in a dark container, take 1 tsp. up to 3 times a day, half an hour before meals;
- digestion problems, increased acidity of the gastric juice - honey with pollen is bred in equal parts in a glass of warm boiled water. The mixture should be drunk during the day, divided into portions.
Important! Before a medical or preventive course, you should consult a pediatrician.
A natural remedy can help with many painful conditions and protect against seasonal diseases, but you need to use the product in moderation.