How to preserve zucchini without sterilization
Zucchini is the main product of many popular and easy-to-cook dishes. Since this crop does not grow in winter, it is worth taking care of harvesting vegetables for the winter in the summer. One of the most popular and unusually tasty ways of their preparation is canning.
Selection and preparation of zucchini
Zucchini is a high-yielding vegetable; up to 18 fruits are harvested from one bush. Therefore, many simple and satisfying dishes are prepared from it, and preserves are also prepared.
Before proceeding with conservation, it is necessary to select vegetables for harvesting.
Important! For spinning, young, ripe vegetables with a shiny peel are suitable.
Properly selected vegetables will subsequently be delicate and crunchy. Pay attention to inspecting the peel for defects: only good fruits should be closed for the winter without cracks and dents, otherwise the can with preservation may burst.
Once you have chosen the right vegetables, do the cooking process for the vegetables:
- rinse the fruit thoroughly;
- dry them;
- cut the stem;
- cut in a suitable way before twisting.
Harvesting zucchini for the winter: recipes without sterilization
There are many ways to preserve pumpkin crops for the winter without sterilization. The method of spinning without sterilization is quite simple, and most importantly - it does not need to spend a lot of effort and time. At the same time, the taste is absolutely no different from a sterilized product.
Below we consider several options for preserving this product without sterilization.
Also find out if zucchini can be frozen fresh for the winter.
Recipe number 1
Making the original Korean zucchini recipe is quite easy and quick, but it will certainly impress you and your loved ones with an extraordinary taste.
Did you know? The prefix in the name of the dish “in Korean” means that a large number of spices are used in the cooking process, and also that the main vegetable is processed with vinegar.
9 cans of 0.5 L Steps 10 ingredients Video recipe
- bell pepper
- sunflower oil
- bite 9%
- korean seasoning
- Wash and peel the zucchini and carrots.
- Cut the main ingredient into large rings, and chop the pepper and onion into strips.
- Grate carrots for Korean carrots.
- Squeeze the garlic.
- Put all the ingredients in a large container, add oil, salt, sugar, vinegar and seasoning in Korean.
- Stir cover with cling film and leave for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After three hours, place the portions of vegetables in jars, pour the remaining liquid in the container and roll up.
Video: Korean zucchini
Recipe number 2
The classic canning recipe will save time on cooking dishes from this product in the future. It will also make vegetables crispy and juicy, which will surely appeal to all family members and friends.
We recommend that you find out how zucchini differs from squash and zucchini.
2 cans of 1 liter Steps 6 ingredients
- vinegar 9%
- currant and horseradish leaves
- First, wash the fruits. Remove the ponytails. Chopped.
- Then make a pickle. We heat the water to 100 ° C, salt, sugar, and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Put horseradish and currant leaves at the bottom of the can, then chopped vegetables.
- Fill the jar with brine.
- Roll up and turn the jar upside down.
- Leave to cool in a cool place.
Recipe number 3
Crispy, tasty, as if fresh, zucchini will delight you with its great taste in winter. In order to make them especially successful, follow the step-by-step recipe for their preparation.
1 can per 1 liter Steps 9 ingredients Video recipe
- dill inflorescences
- cherry leaves
- granulated black pepper
- granulated mustard
- vinegar 9%
- First you need to wash the fruits, as well as the dill inflorescences and cherry leaves.
- Lay greens at the bottom of the can.
- Then we lay the main ingredient, sliced in rings, on top of the cherry leaves.
- We fill the jar with pre-prepared boiling water.
- Cover it with a lid and leave for 15 minutes.
- Cooking brine. To do this, heat the water to 100 ° C. Salt, pepper, add sugar and mustard. Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Strain the water from the can, fill it with hot brine and add vinegar.
- Next, the jar needs to twist and cool.
Video: crispy zucchini for the winter
Recipe number 4
Zucchini can be closed with a large volume in the same way as mushrooms. They cook quickly and within a month you can enjoy the delicate taste of vegetables.
Did you know? It is not necessary to clean young zucchini before spinning, as they have a fairly thin skin. Steps 6 Ingredients
one medium head
- vinegar 9%
- vegetable oil
- Wash and peel the zucchini from the stalk.
- Cut them into 2: 1.5 cm cubes.
- Place the slices in a bowl and add the grated garlic to them and mix.
- We make a pickle. Add vinegar, salt, sugar to vegetable oil and mix.
- Pour the resulting mass into a container with vegetables. Cover with cling film and leave to soak for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- After the required time, remove the fruits and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Then put the zucchini in a jar and fill with the juice that they allocated during the stew.
- Turn the jar over and set to cool.
Recipe number 5
An unusual way of rolling zucchini for the winter is similar to the conservation of pineapple. In shape and color, the fruits of the vegetable are very similar to this fruit. The taste of such a vegetable will be delicate and slightly sweet. At the same time, the original form of the vegetable will decorate any holiday table.
Find out how zucchini juice is good for the human body.
Steps 5 Ingredients Video Recipe
- Pineapple juice
- lemon acid
- Zucchini must be washed and cleaned. We carefully select the seeds from the vegetable. To do this, cut it in half.
- We cut the peeled vegetable in half rings to give a similarity with pineapple.
- Pineapple juice is poured into a saucepan and set on the stove to heat. Add sugar and citric acid.
- After the sugar has completely dissolved, you can put the rings of the vegetable into the pan.
- Gently mix, bring to a boil and cook for another 20 minutes. If the foam begins to form, it will need to be removed so that the resulting conservation is not cloudy.
- In clean jars, spread the zucchini like pineapples. Fill with the brine in which they were cooked.
- Twist the banks. Leave for one day in a cool place to cool.
Video: cooking zucchini like pineapples
Recipe number 6
Zucchini quite often close with cucumbers. Preservation lovers will surely like this assortment, and each vegetable will be soaked with the juices of the other, and the product will turn out to be even more aromatic and tastier.
Important! Zucchini canned faster than cucumbers. Therefore, it is not worth storing such conservation for a long time. Steps 11 Ingredients Video Recipe
- Bell pepper
- Rinse vegetables and herbs thoroughly under running water, clean and dry.
- We cut cucumbers in circles. Zucchini is also cut into rings, preferably the same size as the cucumbers.
- Put the greens in a jar. Reconciliation put pieces of vegetables.
- We boil the water, add sugar, salt, vinegar and cook the brine to a boil. Cool for 1 minute. and fill them with a jar.
- After 3 minutes pour the brine back into the saucepan, boil again and pour the vegetables again. It is recommended to do this procedure three times.
- Then pour the garlic, pour the brine one last time.
- Roll up the cans. Allow the preservation to cool.
Video: canned cucumbers with zucchini
Recipe number 7
A simple recipe for canning zucchini, which even a novice culinary specialist can handle. In this case, the final product is tasty and juicy.
1 can of 3 L Steps 10 ingredients
- black granulated pepper
- Bay leaf
- dill inflorescence
- vinegar 9%
- You need to wash the greens and vegetables. In zucchini, remove the stalks.
- The main ingredient is cut into large circles.
- Next, take a stewpan and pour water there. Add pepper, bay leaf, salt, sugar and vinegar.
- Heat the brine to 100 ° C.
- At the bottom of the jar we put greens, as well as carrots.
- Zucchini throw in brine and blanch for 5 minutes.
- Then we take it out and put it in a jar.
- Top with hot brine.
- Roll up and leave for a day before cooling.
Useful cooking and storage tips
Each hostess wants to surprise her family and friends with delicious pickles. In order for the canned fruits to turn out really tasty, you need to remember the right methods for preparing preservation.
Recommendations for the preparation of canned zucchini: Recommended reading
- Give preference to small-sized fruits. They are easier to put in a jar and get it later. In addition, they are better saturated with brine.
- Take fruits with a thin skin. After preservation, it will become very tender, which will certainly increase the taste of the product.
- If you do not sterilize the jars, be sure to pour boiling water over it and boil the lids on the jars in it. So you kill possible bacteria in the container for conservation, and protect it from the explosion.
- Do not close immediately a 3-liter jar. It is better to place the vegetables in a small container so that the product does not become bored and spoiled.
Remember that any recipe prepared with love will delight your household. Delicious and healthy zucchini can be preserved either separately or in combination with other vegetables. Add various spices to get a unique taste of the product. Follow the rules of conservation and preparation will delight you with its piquant taste all year round.