How to preserve corn on the cob for the winter: a recipe
Sometimes, in addition to the usual pickled cucumbers and tomatoes, I would like to surprise my guests and household with some unusual preparations for the winter. In this case, the recipe for preserving corn is suitable for you. How to prepare delicious corn for the winter on the cob read on.
What kind of corn is better to take for canning
This preparation, due to its unusual and unusual taste, can be attributed to the category of exotic dishes. It combines contrasting sweet, sour and salty taste chords.
The preparation of this snack allows you to enjoy your favorite corn flavor not only in the summer season, but also helps to find the answer to the question of what can be made from corn on the cob, which many gardeners and housewives are asked.
Did you know? One corn fork can contain up to 1000 grains.
Before proceeding directly to the rolling process, you should choose the main ingredient - corn. Neglect of this item may cause your conservation to explode. This phenomenon is the main measure due to the fact that the grains of the culture contain a lot of proteins and few acid elements.
Under the onslaught, a suitable grain should highlight a milk-like juice, and a piece of the fruit should not remain on your nail. If a liquid with starch is released, which sticks to the nail, then the product is already overripe.
It is not worth preserving such corn, because at best it will be hard, no matter how much it is cooked, and at worst, the banks will explode.
Also, when choosing, examine the leaves and color of the corn hairs: the leaves should be juicier and fresh, and the hairs should be light in color (and the brighter the better).
Important! If you are offered cobs without foliage, refuse to buy, as this may indicate that the culture indulged in chemical processing.
As for cereal grains, they should be painted in a light yellow shade, with milky white bases. The cobs themselves should be taken small, the recommended length is from 15 to 18 cm.
Corn on the cob for the winter in jars
This paragraph will discuss how to roll corn on the cob so that it delights its taste throughout the winter. Read more about the recipe and its implementation.
Canned corn on the cob: video
The first thing you need to take care of is to prepare your inventory: you need everything to be at hand, this will simplify the process and reduce time costs.
So, what kind of equipment will you use in the process of preparing the workpiece:
- A pan in which corn cobs will be boiled. It is better to take a five-liter enameled.
- Three liter jar. It must be sterilized.
- Tin lid. Also sterilized.
- Clean rubber gloves. They will be needed so that the process is as hygienic and sterile as possible. Such measures will guarantee your confidence that the spin will not explode after some time.
- In small bowls or plates for ingredients.
- A tablespoon.
- An enameled pan in which the jar will already be sterilized with corn.
- The clip with which you will pull the jar from boiling water.
- Sealed key.
Did you know? With 100 kg of corn, 37–40 liters of alcohol can be made.
To prepare one three-liter can of canned young corn, you need to stock up on the following ingredients:
- Corn - 7–9 forks.
- Salt - 2 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- Vinegar 9% - 1 tbsp. l
- The water in which the corn will be boiled, and which will be used for the marinade - 2 liters.
Having collected inventory and components for seaming, you can proceed directly to the implementation of the recipe. First of all, you need to prepare the main ingredient: the cobs are thoroughly cleaned of leaves, husks and hairs.
The most troublesome thing in this process is removing the hair of the corn: they need to be removed to the maximum, despite the fact that thin hairs can not paint over the marinade, the dish will look more appetizing and attractive without them.
If you find that the tops of the ears of corn are dry and unripe, you need to trim them. It is also worth removing blackened or dried grains.
Important! After carrying out the cleaning procedures, the cereal forks should be washed well under a pressure jet of running water.
The process of preparing a pickled snack consists of the following steps:
- Cooking the main ingredient. Corn cobs are placed in an enamel pan, pour 2 liters of water and bring to a boil. The cooking process takes 1 hour. Young (milk) ears can be boiled for half an hour. But, it is better to play it safe and cook an hour.
- Sterilization of a three-liter jar . You can do this as follows: pour 1 liter of boiling water in a jar and close the lid for 10-15 minutes.
- Premises of corncobs in a jar. They must be tightly laid in an upright position. It is recommended to do this with hygienic rubber gloves.
- Pouring snacks. Corn placed in a jar must be poured with boiling water, in which it was boiled, adding the right amount of salt and sugar.
- Sterilize jars with prepared cereal. The process should take 40-50 minutes.
- Adds the above portion of vinegar .
- Seaming, turning and warming cans with a twist, waiting for it to cool completely.
Important! Adding vinegar immediately before rolling enhances its effect, and, accordingly, protects your spin from bloating.
Today it is almost impossible to organize a feast without a salad, which uses pickled corn.
For example, it can be used in the preparation of baked meat (pork, chicken, beef), soups, stews, and also serve independently, as a separate dish.
Find out how corn is useful and harmful when losing weight.
How and where to store the workpiece
Ideal storage conditions for cans with pickled corncobs are cool dark rooms (best cellar, basement or garage). In the cellar and basement, the maximum shelf life is 2 years. In the case of storage in room conditions (pantry, balcony, floors, closets), the shelf life is reduced to 1 year, or even 7 months.
Why lids may swell
Swollen lids on canned corn jars - a signal that the product should not be eaten, as it can cause poisoning. Read more about the causes of swelling caps.
- Insufficient thermal treatment of corncobs before rolling: undercooked product can cause not only bloating of the lids, but also their explosion.
- Violation of technological aspects of cooking (time, proportions, ingredients).
- Violation of sanitary and hygienic standards for the preparation of pickled snacks - unwashed ingredients, unsterilized containers.
- Non-observance of storage rules: if the can with preservation is in a well-lit and warm room, the product may begin to deteriorate and swell the lid.
- Use in the process of cooking low quality or spoiled products.
- Violation of the hermetic criterion: the lid may not tightly and tightly adhere to the bank after seaming.
- The composition of the corn. This cereal contains a lot of protein, with virtually no acid. This feature often leads to swelling and blasting of covers. In order to eliminate the problem, the right amount of vinegar, citric acid or juice is added to the preservation. 2-3-time sterilization also helps.
Did you know? Corn is a natural air purifier. So, 1 acre of corn crops eliminates 8 tons of carbon dioxide, which pollutes the air. Due to such abilities, this cereal is considered one of the most important plants that can help solve the problem of air pollution.
You can cook it yourself. It will turn out much tastier and healthier. The main thing is to follow the cooking technology.