How to make a honey wrap at home
Honey wraps are one of the most effective procedures that are part of a set of measures aimed at maintaining the tone of the skin and eliminating cellulite. How to make wraps with honey, what are their advantages and to whom they are contraindicated, read below.
Types of Wraps
Honey wraps are divided into 2 types:
- Cold - involves the use of unheated raw materials applied to individual areas. In addition to applying honey to the body, it is assumed that active movements are performed to warm the muscles. The procedure is effective for not too noticeable manifestations of cellulite.
- Hot - involves the application of raw materials heated to +40 ... + 45 ° C on separate parts of the body where the manifestations of cellulite are most visible, followed by closing them with cling film. After completing all the manipulations, you need to wrap yourself in a warm blanket and lie down. The procedure takes 30–40 minutes.
Important! Wrapping procedures are effective only in combination with physical activity and proper nutrition. They are not an independent tool in removing body fat.
Features of Honey Slimming Wrap
Honey wraps are carried out only on clean steamed skin. Ideally, after visiting a bath, sauna or shower. During water procedures, it is advisable to scrub the skin so that the pores open to the maximum. The main thing is not to damage the skin, so that there is no irritation. After steaming, proceed directly to the application of raw materials.
After the film is removed, the honey is washed off with warm water and a nourishing cream or cosmetic milk is applied to the body. The duration of the course of procedures should not exceed 10-15 days. The break between courses should be exactly one month. The recommended frequency of courses is 3-4 times a year.
One of the main advantages of this cosmetic procedure is that it can be carried out at home, spending a minimum of effort and money.
- Wraps have a positive effect on the whole body:
- due to increased blood circulation, the metabolism in tissues is accelerated, which allows you to effectively remove toxins and provoke the burning of fat cells;
- due to the greenhouse effect, the pores open stronger and begin to actively sweat, which reduces tissue swelling;
- the skin becomes toned and supple, enriched with vitamins and minerals contained in honey.
- Due to the fact that honey is a strong allergen and has a warming effect, wraps with it are contraindicated in the following cases:
- allergic reactions;
- the period of menstruation, as well as 2 days before and after it;
- the presence of problems with the functionality of blood vessels, heart;
- gynecological problems;
- skin diseases;
- infectious diseases;
- varicose veins;
- the presence of mechanical damage to the skin.
How to choose honey for wrapping?
Raw materials for wraps must be natural and mature. It is necessary to select honey in which all fermentation processes are completed. This will be evidenced by its structure. Mature raw materials do not drain from the spoon and wound on it during rotation.
The main indicator of quality products is a pleasant sweet aroma that does not contain impurities. The authenticity of honey is also determined by its ability to crystallize. Only acacia honey is not exposed to this process.
Several ways to verify the authenticity of honey:
- real high-quality products are completely dissolved in water, making it cloudy, but without leaving sediment;
- the structure of the raw material is evenly colored - if there are darker areas that differ in color from the main mass, then the raw material was subjected to heat treatment.
Identify the presence of impurities by conducting several experiments:
- Put 2 drops of iodine on honey - if a blue tint appears, starch is present in the product.
- If gelatin was added to honey, it can be detected by dropping a couple of drops of tannin - white flakes will indicate the presence of an impurity.
- Adding vinegar, you can determine the presence of chalk in the product - this will be evidenced by the appearance of bubbles on the surface.
Did you know? To get 1 liter of honey, bees need to collect 2.5 liters of flower nectar.
How to make honey wrap at home?
When choosing a recipe for honey wrapping, it is worth considering the structure of the skin in different parts of the body. For example, on the legs the skin is rougher than on the abdomen and sides, so it is less susceptible to various kinds of effects.
For weight loss, the legs will be more effective formulations, including honey and mustard, but on the stomach it is better to use the composition with the addition of algae or olive oil. Below you can consider the description of the procedure in various parts of the body and choose the best option for yourself.
For weight loss of a stomach and sides
To carry out the manipulations, you will need to make a composition consisting of the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. l honey;
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil.
Step by step manipulations:
- Place all the raw materials in a heat-resistant glass dish and place in a water bath.
- Heat the mixture to a temperature of + 40 ° C.
- Cool the mixture to a temperature that is comfortable for the body.
- Apply the mixture with patting and pinching movements to the abdomen, sides, covering the upper part of the hips.
- Wrap the body in 2 layers of film and lie down, covered in a warm blanket.
- After 40 minutes, take a shower, pat your body with a soft towel and apply cream.
The procedure is best performed 1.5 hours before going to bed.
Important! To speed up the process of losing weight and prevent dehydration, drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
For carrying out the procedure with algae, kelp is best suited.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp. l honey;
- 1 liter of hot water (+ 45 ° C);
- packaging sheet kelp.
Step-by-step instruction of the procedure:
- Dissolve honey in water and place in the resulting kelp solution.
- After 30 minutes, remove the kelp and lay them on the problem areas.
To eliminate the manifestations of cellulite on the legs, you will need to make a composition of the following ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. l honey;
- 1 tbsp. l mustard powder;
- 3-5 drops of orange ether.
All ingredients must be placed in a glass heat-resistant dish and kept in a water bath for 10 minutes. After cooling the mixture to a comfortable temperature for your body, apply it with claps and massage well the problem areas. Then you should wrap the legs with a film, without pulling, in 3 layers move a little actively and lie under the covers. After 40 minutes, rinse with warm water and apply anti-cellulite cream.
Did you know? The human plasma contains 24 trace elements, 22 of which are in honey.
To improve the condition of the skin on the buttocks and eliminate the effect of the orange peel, the following composition is suitable:
- 2 tbsp. l honey;
- 5 drops of orange oil;
- 3 drops of lavender ether;
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder.
To enhance the effect you need to actively move at least 10 minutes. You can do squats, jump rope or walk around. After active exercises, lie down under a warm blanket. After 30-40 minutes, take a warm shower and apply the cream.
Learn more about the benefits and dangers of honey for women's health.
Some useful recommendations that will help strengthen the effectiveness of procedures and reduce the risk of side effects:
- Before starting the manipulations, apply the mixture on your wrist. After 20 minutes, evaluate the result. If there is a rash and itching, refuse to conduct wraps with a specific composition.
- Do not heat honey on an open fire, otherwise all its useful properties will be lost.
- Storage of honey in the refrigerator also leads to the breakdown of nutrients in the product.
- Do not cover the entire body in the first procedures. Practice in one zone first, expanding your boundaries over time.
- Perform manipulations 2 hours before eating and 2 hours after it. It is best to perform the procedure at night.
- Do not wear synthetic clothing after wraps. This may cause irritation.