How to germinate mung bean at home
To always have a beautiful figure and prevent the occurrence of many diseases, you need to eat right. One of the most healthy foods is the sprouted seeds of golden bean mung beans, but they are very difficult to find in the store. In this article, we will consider how to germinate these seeds at home and how you can eat mung bean for food.
Useful properties of sprouted mash
Mung bean sprouts have many properties that are beneficial to the human body. They are very rich in food enzymes and are a good preventive measure against many ailments.
Did you know? To provide the body with the daily norm of vitamin B9, it is enough to eat 2-3 tablespoons of sprouted mung seeds daily.
- The list of useful properties of the product is presented below:
- high content of vitamins (A, B, C, PP), vegetable protein and useful minerals (magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, iron, potassium);
- increased concentration of antioxidants (especially on the 5th day after the appearance of small shoots);
- prevention of atherosclerosis;
- normalization of blood pressure, reducing the risk of heart failure;
- lowering blood sugar;
- cancer prevention;
- help in the treatment of gastritis and increased acidity of the stomach;
- low calorie product, which allows you to use it in diets for weight loss;
- anti-aging effect on the skin and restoration of mucous membranes;
- improved brain function due to the high content of glucose and slowly digestible carbohydrates;
- acceleration of muscle building.
Germination conditions and terms
If the germination procedure is carried out correctly and all the conditions described below are observed, then small roots and green stems appear on the bean grains in 1-2 days.
For the seeds of golden beans to sprout, they need certain conditions:
- seeds should be kept in a warm room at a temperature of +20 ... + 23 ° C;
- there should not be drafts - this can lead to rotting of seeds;
- beans should always be slightly moist - this stimulates the growth of roots and the green part of the sprout;
- so that the seeds do not become moldy during germination, you must not water them too abundantly. Periodic spraying is sufficient to protect against drying out.
How to sprout mung bean at home
Mash beans, sprouted at home, differs from the purchased one with good taste and freshness. The ideal option is to immediately use it for food.
Important! If necessary, masha seedlings can be stored in the refrigerator, but not more than 5 days. For germination of seeds will not require special tools or skills. Let us consider in more detail the list of necessary accessories and step-by-step instructions for germinating bean mash.
What is needed for germination
To get tasty and healthy beans sprouts, you need to choose high-quality and fresh raw materials. When buying beans, you need to pay attention to their appearance and shelf life. Beans should be dense and hard, and their surface - smooth, without deformation and damage.
To germinate bean mung bean need:
- Fresh Golden Beans
- cold water;
- deep bowl;
- a sieve or colander;
- wooden plank;
- paper napkins;
- clean cotton towel.
We advise you to read about the benefits and harms of green beans.
To sprout bean mung beans on your own, you do not need to have experience in this matter. The whole procedure is quite simple, but it takes a few days for the seeds to produce green sprouts.
A step-by-step instruction for sprouting golden beans at home is presented below:
- Put the washed seeds in a deep bowl. They should occupy no more than half the volume of the tank.
- Pour the beans with clean cold water so that the seeds are completely immersed in it. There should also be at least 4-6 cm of water above the grains, since after wetting they increase in size.
- Leave a bowl of soaked seeds at room temperature for 24 hours.
- After this time, the water from the bowl needs to be drained. Put the seeds of mung on a sieve, so that excess water comes from the glass.
- Put a thick layer of paper towels or napkins on a wooden plank. Did you know? Due to its high content of vegetable protein, mung bean can replace meat, which is why it is often included in the diet of vegetarians.
- Wet a clean waffle towel or cloth with water and squeeze it well. Cover the paper layer with a damp cloth.
- Pour the wet beans of mung bean onto the surface of the wet tissue. Spread the seeds evenly over the entire surface of the towel.
- Cover the grains on top with a second layer of damp cloth. Put another thick layer of paper napkins on top.
- Spray the top paper layer with water. Leave the beans to germinate at room temperature.
- Spray the top coat with water every few hours so that the seeds are always moist. Wait for the roots and green shoots to appear.
- After the sprouts have reached a size of 0.5-1.5 cm, germinated grains can be eaten. Do not grow sprouts longer than 3 cm on beans; they have properties that are harmful to the body.
- Gently prune roots of sprouted seeds. Free young green stems from the peel halves. Pour sprouted mung bean into a clean container.
Video: How to germinate mung bean in a pot and tetrapack
How to use sprouted mung bean?
To enrich your daily diet with vitamins and minerals, you can eat a couple of spoons of raw sprouted mung bean. To taste, it resembles green peas and has a pleasant crunchy structure.
You can also make many different dishes from the sprouted grains of golden beans. Sprouts can be used for salads, cocktails, side dishes and even baking. Consider several recipes using mash seedlings.
Recipe number 1
Vegetable salad with shrimp and bean sprouts
For the sauce:
Steps 6 Ingredients
- soy vinegar
- rice vinegar
2 tbsp. l
- Sesame oil
2 tbsp. l
- rice wine
1 tbsp. l
- Rinse and clean the shrimp.
- Roast peanuts in a dry pan and peel.
- Peel the vegetables, cut into thin strips and mix.
- To prepare the sauce, mix all of these liquid ingredients, add sugar and salt.
- Put a mixture of vegetables on a plate, pour sprouted mung bean.
- Spread the shrimp on the surface of the salad, pour the dish with the cooked dressing.
Recipe number 2
Vitamin cocktail with sprouts Masha
All of these components need to be beaten in a blender to obtain a thick aromatic drink.
Recipe number 3
Stewed rice with vegetables and sprouts Masha
Steps 6 Ingredients
3 tbsp. l
- sprouts masha
3 tbsp. l
- vegetable oil
2 tbsp. l
- carrots (small)
- small cauliflower inflorescences
- salt and spices
- Soak rice in cold water overnight.
- Peel and chop the carrots.
- Rice and carrots put in a pan, pour water in a ratio of 1: 2 and bring to a boil.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, then add bean seedlings and cauliflower.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat for another 10 minutes, add salt and spices.
- Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave to infuse for 15-20 minutes.
- Before serving, season with vegetable oil.
Important! On the day it is allowed to consume no more than 3 tablespoons of mash seedlings.
Sprouted grains of mung bean will not only help enrich the daily diet with useful substances, but will also become a delicious ingredient in a variety of dishes. If you follow all the tips described, you can easily get useful golden bean seedlings even at home.