How to cure a money tree
Crassula or money tree is most often grown in order to attract money into the house. Those who believe in this ability of this houseplant are especially upset when it starts to hurt and shed leaves. Why the money tree is sick and how to treat it, read in our material.
What is sick of the money tree
Crassula refers to hardy and unpretentious indoor crops. Its owner will not be particularly troublesome flower care. However, if you ignore the recommendations for planting and care, the plant will weaken, begin to hurt and be affected by harmful insects. First, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with how the money tree is ill. The most common problems are leaf fall, softening, yellowing and falling of leaves, the formation of dark spots on them, and a change in their color.
Did you know? The leaves of the Crassula, which grows under natural conditions, contain a large amount of arsenic. Such a mechanism is needed by the plant to protect it from animals.
Silver plaque on the leaves appears when the plant has experienced a stressful situation and is in a state of adaptation. This is a symptom of getting rid of dead cells. If such a problem is detected, the flower owner does not need to do anything. It is necessary to carry out quality care and wait until the plant adapts and updates.
The reasons why green pimples appeared on the leaves of the Crassula may be 2:
- Excessive hydration.
- Defeat with a scab.
It is necessary to inspect the plant. If parasites are found on the trunk, then treatment should be started. About how to treat a money tree with the invasion of a scale shield, you can read below, in a separate section.
Find out what and how to properly water a money tree.
If the land lump is too wet, then it is necessary to establish an irrigation regime using the following recommendations: the optimum amount of moisture is 2 times a week, at a temperature of +18 ... + 23 ° С - 1 time per week. Water the plant when the topsoil dries up.
Red or purple color
Reddening or acquiring purple leaves occurs in the event of contact with direct sunlight, lack of fresh air and depletion or oversaturation of nutrients in the soil. The problem can be solved by shading the flower or moving it to another place. You also need to top-up in accordance with the recommendations and often ventilate the room.
Read also about what land is suitable for a money tree.
In this case, it should be controlled so that the plant does not fall under the influence of drafts. From spring to autumn, it is recommended to feed a fat girl 2 times a month, in winter - 1 time a month. Fertilizers designed for succulents and cacti are suitable for this indoor crop. The dosage should be calculated based on the one indicated in the instructions.
Leaves fade and turn yellow
Withering and yellowing of the leaves is a sign that the plant is hot. In summer, it is better to take a fat woman out into the fresh air, controlling that the direct rays of the sun do not shine on it. The place of growth should be bright, protected from drafts.
The tree is losing leaves
Leaf fall in fat women occurs quite often. Leaves can fall to the extent that only a few pieces remain on the trunk. There may be several reasons for the occurrence of leaf fall.
- natural process;
- watering with cold water;
- lack of moisture.
A normal process is considered when a fat woman once in 2 years before winter begins to intensively dump foliage. So it is updated. When observing such a situation, no action is required from the owner. He just needs to be patient and wait for the young leaves to grow.
Important! Watering the fat woman is carried out for 1-2 days, filtered, rain or melt water at room temperature.
Brown or brown spots
Brown and brown marks on the foliage indicate infection with a fungal infection. Their development is promoted by improper conditions of detention, most often - bays, cold temperature.
Root or stem rot
Rotting of the roots and stem occurs due to abundant and frequent moisture and cold temperatures. With the rotting of the stem, it will soften, become covered with dark spots. Root rot can be detected during transplantation or suspected in the case of wilting plants, falling leaves, putrid odor from the soil. A rotting plant must be transplanted. Important! With completely decayed roots, the plant cannot be reanimated. It must be destroyed along with the pot and the ground.
If during the extraction from the planting container it is found that the roots have rotted, they must be washed with water, trimmed with a sharp disinfected knife or scissors and treated with charcoal or activated charcoal.
Stops in growth or stretching up the stem provoke such factors:
- A small container in which a fat woman grows.
- Prolonged lack of transfers.
- Pest damage.
- Lack of top dressing.
The owner’s actions to save the plant will depend on what particular cause triggered growth arrest. You need to start with a transplant in a large 2-3 cm capacity. During it, you need to carefully examine the flower for rot and the presence of parasites.
Soft and thin leaves
Softening and thinning the leaves is another common problem in a fat woman.
You will also be interested in learning how to plant and grow a sprig of a money tree.
Factors that can provoke it:
- excess moisture;
- bad light;
- improper temperature.
If a problem is found, it is urgent to establish the exact cause and help the plant. First, examine if the soil is too wet. If the flower is flooded, then it is necessary to transplant into a new soil and a pot, having carefully examined the roots for the presence of rot.
White spots on the foliage can be found when the money tree is kept in conditions of high humidity and excessive watering. This opens the pores to evaporate excess moisture. In order to prevent this situation, you need to reduce the humidity to the recommended one, do not spray, less often and moderately water the flower.
Burns of leaves appear yellow and brown spots on the leaves. They occur if the fat woman is in the area of direct rays. Burns are also provoked by the owner of the plant, if he does not ensure that during irrigation drops of water do not fall on the leaves.
Did you know? Many plants from the group of succulents are capable of mimicry - their organs are disguised as the environment: stones, sand, soil, or imitate other animals. For example, in Faucaria, spike leaves look like an open mouth with teeth.
If burns are found, damaged leaves will need to be cut off, and the plant should be shaded from the sun's rays or moved to another place where they are not so aggressive.
To reduce the size of the leaves leads to a lack of light and nutrients. You should rearrange the flower in a lighter place and apply under the root of the fertilizer.
The reasons for the unhealthy appearance of the flower may be damage by pests. Some of them feed on leaves, roots, others drink juice from the plant along with nutrients. Mass reproduction can lead to the death of a room culture.
Scabies can be found on the stem. This is a small insect with a shell. It sucks the juice from the plant.
- Reasons for the appearance. Scabies appears on plants with weakened immunity, which are incorrectly fed, grow in the soil with an excess of nitrogen, in the absence of proper care. Infection occurs from plant to plant.
- Symptoms The first sign of infection is a sticky fluid on the trunk. In the future, the fatty withers, its leaves fall.
- Treatment. Destroy the shield, manually scraping with a brush. Effective and treatment with alcohol, kerosene, vinegar rubbing, rubbing with tincture of garlic, red pepper. In case of severe infection, they resort to chemical treatment using Fitoverm, Actellik, Metafos.
A spider mite can be found on the lower leaf plate. It looks like a shallow black dot. It is a sucking parasite that feeds on the sap of the plant.
- Reasons for the appearance . The tick appears on those plants that grow in a room with dry air and high temperatures.
- Symptoms The presence of a spider mite is indicated by the presence of cobwebs on the stem and leaves.
- Treatment . Since this harmful insect does not like coolness and high humidity, one of the ways to deal with it is to spray the plant and put a plastic bag on it for several days. After this time, the insect will die. Also, they struggle with mites with soap wipes, treatments with Fitoverm, Bi-58, Karate, Iskra-M, Actellik.
These parasites, eating juices, negatively affect the growth, development and decorativeness of the flower. They are easy to find on the plant - they move quickly, are covered with a white coating.
- Causes. A parasite appears on plants growing at temperatures above + 25 ° C and high humidity. Waterlogging of the soil contributes to its development. Infection occurs through the soil.
- Symptoms A characteristic sign of the defeat by the mealybug is white, cotton-like, discharge on the stem, leaves, shoots.
- Treatment. Mealybugs are removed by wiping with soap and water, treatment with folk remedies - cyclamen broth, garlic, tobacco infusions. With severe infection, resort to the use of insecticides: "Actara", "Confidora", "Fitoverma", "Biotlin".
This is a type of mealybug. It affects the root system. The parasite has a size of 2-3 mm, white. Pest detection occurs during transplantation.
- Causes. The plant becomes infected when planted in non-sanitized soil.
- Symptoms Yellowing, deformation and dying of leaves.
- Treatment. To get rid of the insect, you should shed the soil 2-3 times with the "Applaud" preparation. A transplant with flushing the root system with running water also helps. Effective and hot root baths.
Read more about how to transplant a money tree.
Now you have complete information about what to do if a money tree falls ill. In order to prevent diseases and pest invasions, you should plant the fat woman in the ground with the recommended composition, put it in a bright place, protected from direct sunlight, and carry out quality care for it.