How to cook potatoes in the microwave
With the advent of microwaves, the cooking process has become much simpler: there is no need to stand for hours near the stove. So, the most common dish - boiled potatoes can be easily and quickly cooked using microwave. How to do this, read on.
Features of cooking potatoes in the microwave
You can eat boiled potatoes both as a side dish and as an addition to various salads and dishes. Regardless of the purpose for which you boil the vegetable, there are some features of its proper preparation in the microwave.
- Peeled potatoes for garnish are best chopped. So it boils faster and more evenly.
- If you want to cook the whole vegetable, you will have to spend some time calibrating, because it is recommended to send tubers of small and approximately the same size into the microwave. This will give you guarantees that they will weld evenly and simultaneously. Large-sized fruits may not boil and the potato dish will turn out half-baked.
- If you want to check if the potato is ready, pierce it with a toothpick, but not with a knife (the vegetable will crumble, and you will not be able to surprise relatives and guests with an appetizing look of the prepared dish).
- And a young potato is a good option for cooking in a microwave: it tastes better and looks more attractive. The fact is that old fruits may darken during cooking. Boil old potatoes so that their appearance does not suffer, you can use vinegar or lemon juice (1 teaspoon of the ingredients is added to the cooking water).
- Vegetable or butter will help speed up the process of cooking a vegetable: the fruits are placed in a bowl, poured with water and 2-3 tbsp are added. l vegetable oil, or 2-3 pieces of butter. Such a trick will make it possible to boil potatoes in 7-10 minutes.
- You can cook any dish in the microwave only in a special container (you can take a glass from tempered glass). In no case do not use metal utensils, or one that has metal designs.
How to and how much to cook potatoes in the microwave?
Due to the variety of cooking methods, juicy and crumbly potatoes, cooked in the microwave, will not have time to bore either you or your loved ones. Moreover, no one forbids adding something from yourself to the recipe. So, recipes that will help you simply and quickly prepare a delicious dinner (breakfast, lunch).
Recipe number 1
In the package
Recipe number 2
Recipe number 3
Recipe number 4
Recipe number 5
Recipe number 1Boiled potatoes
In the package
This method of cooking is especially liked by those who are not enthusiastic about washing dishes.
10-15 minutes steps 6 ingredients
- garlic cloves
- butter / vegetable oil
- spices for potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Preparation of the vegetable. Root crops can be both peeled and cooked in their uniforms. But, it is advisable to cut them: into halves, quarters or whetstones.
- Preparation of garlic with onions (peeling and cutting). It is recommended to chop the onion into rings or half rings, and garlic into small pieces (can be passed through a garlic squeezer).
- Putting ingredients in a bag. Salt, pepper and spices of your choice go there.
- Adding butter or vegetable oil to the package. If you use cream, you need to divide it into several bars and spread it over the whole potato so that it is evenly distributed during cooking.
- Tying the package.
- Shaking the contents of the package. This is done so that the vegetable mixes well with spices.
- Puncturing the packet with a fork or scoring it in several places with scissors, because under the influence of high temperature the packet may burst from the vapor accumulated in it.
- Putting the package in the microwave (be sure to put the package on a plate) for 10-15 minutes.
- A microwave will inform you when the dish is ready with its signal. Therefore, carefully pull it out so as not to burn yourself and eat.
Important! You can improve the taste of the side dish by adding a little bacon and bacon to the contents of the package. This will give a side dish of juiciness and aroma.
Recipe number 2Boiled potatoes
It is necessary to prepare a side dish by tuning the microwave to the largest waves.
10 minutes steps 7 ingredients
- vegetable oil
3 tbsp. l
- olive oil
3 tbsp. l
3 tbsp. l
- seasoning for potatoes
1 tbsp. l
at your discretion
- Washing root crops and cleaning them from clay residues.
- Cutting vegetables with longitudinal bars and placing the bars in a microwave oven. It is not necessary to clean root crops.
- Adding spices to the potato with oil, and thoroughly mixing the ingredients. It is in oil that the potatoes will be cooked.
- Putting the mold in the microwave. Before this, the tank needs to be covered.
- Stir the side dish after 5 minutes.
- Remove the container with a side dish from the microwave and add pressed garlic to the dish.
Important! The amount of oil that is needed for cooking depends on the amount of potato: for each potato you need 1 tbsp. l oils.
Recipe number 3Boiled potatoes
A microwave-wrapped jacket potato is an ideal dish for the lazy. To prepare it, you will need a minimal amount of effort, it is also budgetary both in time and in the number of ingredients.
10 minutes steps 2 ingredient
- Preparation of potatoes (thorough washing and cleaning of clay contaminants).
- Piercing each tuber with a fork or toothpick.
- Put vegetables in the dishes for the microwave.
- Pouring root vegetables with water.
- Turn on the microwave at full power (for 5 minutes). At this stage, the dish does not need to be covered.
- Turning root crops, covering the container with a lid and placing in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Did you know? Potato starch is used to make medicine.
Recipe number 4Boiled potatoes
12 minutes steps 4 ingredient
- greens and butter
- You need to start by washing and cleaning root crops.
- Then the fruits need to be cut in a way convenient for you and pour into microwave ovenware. Before cooking, do not forget to salt the vegetables, add spices to them, and mix well.
- It remains to fill the potato with water, cover it, and put in the microwave, choosing the most powerful mode.
- You can check the readiness of the side dish by piercing the slices of the vegetable with a fork.
Important! To improve the taste of such a dish will help butter and herbs, which must be added immediately before serving.
Recipe number 5Boiled potatoes
The most favorite dish of children. Yes, and adults are not averse to feasting on crunchy slices of root vegetables. Now you can delight your gourmets with your favorite yummy daily, because you can cook it in your own microwave. Moreover, a treat will turn out to be much more useful than cooked in a deep fryer. You can diversify the side dish by adding your favorite spices, garlic or bacon to it.
12 minutes steps 3 ingredient
- olive oil
1 tbsp. l for 1 potato
- salt and pepper
- Washing and cleaning root crops. After peeling, the vegetables should be dried with a towel.
- Cutting vegetables into thin, approximately identical, rectangles.
- Grated potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Arrangement of potato on a paper lined dish.
- Place the container with a side dish in the microwave, where it will be cooked at full power.
- Turn the slices over after 6 minutes and repeat at the same interval.
Did you know? There are over 5, 000 potato varieties in the world.
Experienced housewives do some tricks of cooking potatoes in the microwave:
- Salting of potatoes, which will be cooked in the microwave, has its own characteristics. The fact is that microwaves will be aimed at salt crystals, and, accordingly, a vegetable can burn in those places where salt is concentrated. Under salted particles of the fetus may remain moist. To avoid this, dissolve the salt well in water or oil (you need to grease the potatoes evenly with oil).
- In the microwave, foods that are spread around the edges warm up faster. Therefore, experienced housewives are advised to place small pieces of root vegetables in the center, and those that are larger along the edges.
- The cooked product can be left to stand in the microwave for another five minutes. The fact is that the waves accumulated in the dish will act during this time.
- Potatoes that have turned green in the sun should not be used for cooking. It contains solanine, a toxic substance that can provoke poisoning, depression of the nervous system and the destruction of red blood cells.
- If you put the tubers in the microwave completely, without puncturing them, they may burst.