Features of the use of eggplant in gout
Gouty arthritis is a disease characterized by severe pain symptoms in the extremities and is difficult to treat. About whether eggplant fruits can ease the course of this disease and how effective, read on in the article.
Is it possible to eat eggplant with gout?
The source of gouty symptoms in the human body is uric acid (sodium urate). As a result of the breakdown of certain elements of the protein molecules represented by nitrogenous substances, purines, it, not being excreted from the body, accumulates in crystalline form on the surface of the joints of the legs and hands, causing them injuries and causing painful symptoms in humans.
Therefore, it is clear that to combat gout it is necessary to limit the intake of food rich in purines, and, conversely, increase the intake of food that activates the excretion of uric acid. In this regard, the eggplant fruit compares favorably.
Did you know? Snow-white eggplants are becoming less exotic, actively introducing themselves into the beds of an increasing number of vegetable growers. The growing popularity of this species is due to its high consumer qualities, which are tender pulp, the absence of bitterness in it, a small amount of seeds and a thin peel.
Chemical composition and calorie content
The eggplant fruit is a low-calorie product, containing 100 g of only 24 kcal. The same 100 g contains:
- proteins - 1.25 g;
- fat - 0.12 g;
- carbohydrates - 4.57 g;
- water - 92 g;
- dietary fiber - 2, 6 g.
Check out the best recipes for dried eggplant for the winter.
The vitamin composition of the eggplant fruit is expressed:
- thiamine (B1);
- riboflavin (B2);
- pyridoxine (B6);
- folic acid (B9);
- beta-carotene (a precursor of vitamin A);
- ascorbic acid (C);
- nicotinic acid (PP).
- essential and interchangeable amino acids;
- saturated and unsaturated fats;
- purine bases;
The properties of eggplant for the human body
Like any product, eggplant fruits have their positive sides for the human body and some negative aspects related mainly to the state of human health.
Did you know? Eggplant, which has come to almost every kitchen all over the globe, is an indispensable ingredient in more than fifty culinary recipes.
- The beneficial effects of eggplant on:
- the skeletal system, in which, in addition to relief from gout, they also inhibit the manifestations of osteoporosis, bone degradation, strengthening bone tissue;
- the cardiovascular system, the condition of which is improved by cleansing the eggplant of blood from bad cholesterol, which prevents the onset of atherosclerosis, reduces blood pressure, prevents the onset of varicose veins and prevents stroke;
- the nervous system and brain, stimulating cerebral circulation, normalizing nervous activity, improving memory and inhibiting age-related mental disorders;
- the condition of the liver, which, through the antioxidants present in eggplant, is protected from toxins;
- the gastrointestinal tract by improving peristalsis, stimulating gastric secretion;
- the immune system, strengthening it and inhibiting the spread of free radicals in the body;
- the skin and hair, due to the presence of antioxidants, preventing the appearance of premature wrinkles on the skin and strengthening the hair, and also by stimulating the elimination of fluid from the body eliminating edema.
Possible harm and contraindications
First of all, you can’t eat eggplant dishes for people with individual intolerance to vegetables, as well as for children under 3 years old.
- In addition, this product should not be used:
- in the presence of problems with the gastrointestinal such as gastritis and ulcers;
- during acute inflammation in the pancreas;
- with diseases of arthritis and in the presence of inflammatory processes in the joints;
- with a low concentration of iron in the blood;
- if kidney stones are found.
Norms of use
Eggplant fruits not only themselves contain a small amount of purines, responsible for the production of uric acid, which, in turn, leads to the formation of gout, but also at the same time activate the elimination of this acid from the body. However, there is a second side to the coin.
Important! For an adult and a healthy person, to get the right amount of useful substances, it is enough to consume 200 g of eggplant products per day.
How to use eggplant for gout
With gout, it is highly recommended to drink juice from fresh young eggplant. To do this, the eggplant is freed from the peel, rubbed on a grater and squeezed. Drink juice should be half a glass three times a day before meals.
Useful for gout and the famous eggplant caviar. To prepare it, you will need:
- eggplant fruit - 1 pc.;
- tomato - 2 pcs.;
- onions - 1 pc.;
- garlic cloves - 3 pcs.;
- vegetable oil - 100 ml;
- spices to taste;
- table salt to taste.
- Washed products are crushed into small slices.
- Then they are placed in a well-heated vegetable oil in a pan.
- For a third of an hour they are stewed with constant stirring.
- When the vegetables start juice, chopped garlic, salt and spices are added to them.
- Then the caviar languishes for another 5 minutes, after which the product is ready for use.
- Cut into circles up to 1.5 cm thick.
- Dry for several minutes in an oven at a temperature of 100 ° C.
- Then stringed and hung in a cool and dry place.
- Dried eggplant fruits are steamed in boiling water.
- The problem area on the body is wiped with a soda solution prepared at the rate of 12 g of baking soda per 0.5 l of hot water.
- Apply steamed eggplant to the treated area, tying this place with a woolen scarf.
- After 3 hours, the problem area is washed with cold water and treated with vegetable oil.
Important! Patients suffering from gouty arthritis are recommended to use only boiled or stewed eggplant, avoiding fried in every possible way, which, among other things, absorb the maximum amount of oil. As a result, the product loses many of its healing qualities and becomes harmful.
Properly prepared and moderately consumed eggplant fruits can not only mitigate the onset of gouty disease, but can even slow down its development.