Features of treating cough in children with onions and sugar
Onions have long been known to mankind for their medicinal properties, primarily this applies to colds of the upper and lower respiratory tract. This is an effective folk remedy that helps get rid of coughing for both adults and children.
The chemical composition and calorie content of onions with sugar
Onions with sugar are rich in nutrients. The chemical composition and caloric content of a classic product are indicated below, where a large onion (about 100 g) and 100 g of sugar are included in the recipe. Calorie content 100 g of the product - 440 kcal.
|Minerals (g / 100 g of finished product):|
The composition of the BJU:
- proteins - 1.4;
- fats - 0.2;
- carbohydrates - 99.8.
In addition, the product contains volatile, mono- and disaccharides, inulin, malic and citric acids, flavonoids, glycosides, carotenoids, essential oils and enzymes.
Useful properties of components
- Onion syrup with sugar for the treatment of cough in a child has a lot of useful qualities, among which it is necessary to highlight the following:
- onion juice is a real natural antibiotic and antiviral drug due to the phytoncides contained in it. It is thanks to this quality that juice is used in the preparation of folk remedies for the treatment of colds;
- the vegetable is rich in vitamins and minerals, which positively affects the condition of the whole organism and the immune system in particular;
- essential oils, malic, ascorbic and citric acids, simple carbohydrates and carotene contribute to the body's resistance to viruses;
- vegetable juice has an antibacterial effect;
- glycosides are good for the heart, and carotenoids are natural antioxidants that remove free radicals;
- sugar gives the body energy to fight the disease.
Did you know? In the tomb of the Egyptian pharaoh Tutankhamun, a drawing was found, which depicts a bulb. The image is dated to about 1352 BC. e. The importance of the vegetable, which the ancient Egyptians gave it, is evidenced by the following fact: in the found ancient Egyptian laws on laws, portions of onions and garlic, which must be given out daily to builders, are described in detail.
How does it affect the body of children
This folk medicine does not just relieve the symptoms of the disease, it actually has a healing effect.
- Once in the body of the child, the mixture has the following effect:
- liquefies sputum collected in the lungs and removes it;
- contributes to the normalization of endocrine processes and strengthens the heart and blood vessels;
- makes the cough softer, the child continues to cough for a while, but already much more easily, the cough does not cause him pain;
- prevents the further development of infection;
- strengthens the immune system, accordingly, has a beneficial effect on the health status of the whole organism;
- with laryngitis relieves swelling and sore throat, relieves pain when swallowing food;
- relieves edema of the mucous membranes of the lungs, upper respiratory tract and nasopharynx.
Recipes for onion-based remedies with sugar
Some recipes of traditional medicine suggest making a medicine using honey instead of sugar. Honey is really much more useful, but sugar draws juice from a vegetable better due to its hygroscopicity and the created osmotic pressure, therefore it is better to supplement honey with a preparation based on sugar.
Video: Onion cough syrup for children
There is a classic recipe for cooking, where only onions and sugar are used. In addition, there are recipes using, in addition to the indicated ingredients, honey, garlic, onion husks, apples.
Norms and dosage for children
This tool is not medication, it is impossible to get an overdose from it even for a child, and sugar softens the effect of irritating substances. The norm for a child is the use of 4-6 tablespoons of the drug per day for 3-10 days.
Important! Regardless of the recipe, you should eat onions with cough sugar only after eating, otherwise the gastric mucosa may suffer.
- There are some contraindications that you should know about before you start using the tool:
- chronic or acute liver disease;
- gallbladder disease;
- gastritis and stomach ulcer;
- kidney disease
- children under two years old;
- metabolic problems;
- individual intolerance and allergy.
For problems with the kidneys or liver, it is generally not recommended to consume any spicy foods, this can lead to an exacerbation of the disease. In addition, the vegetable due to the active substances contained in it may have an irritating effect on the walls of the stomach, which is categorically unacceptable for ulcers or gastritis, especially in hyperacid form.
The ability of onions to affect blood pressure is not the best way to affect heart problems. In addition, the product has a stimulating effect on the central nervous system, which can also adversely affect the condition of the heart.
Important! Before you begin to treat the child with folk remedies, be sure to show it to the doctor. Only after consultation with a specialist can you resort to alternative medicine methods. Remember that it is about the health of the child.
Eating spicy foods for kidney diseases is extremely undesirable, since such products create an additional burden on these organs. In addition, the irritating effect on the larynx and nasopharynx can cause thirst, and, as you know, with kidney problems, water use should be limited.
In violation of metabolism, restrictions are caused by the fact that the vegetable is capable of causing bloating and excessive flatulence . In the case of metabolic disorders, this may not have the best effect on the general condition of the child.
Since the product contains a large amount of sugar in diabetes, it can not be consumed. In this case, after a preliminary consultation with a specialist, you can try replacing sugar with honey.
You should not prepare a lot of funds immediately. Phytoncides are volatile substances and even when bound they lose their strength and useful properties over time. It’s better to cook a little, ideally every day. If for any reason it is not possible to prepare the product every day, the remainder is stored in the refrigerator, placing it in a tightly closed container.
Did you know? Most of all, onions are loved in Libya: it is the average Libyan, according to UN studies, who is the "world champion" in eating vegetables. Its result is 33 kg per year. This is followed by the Senegalese - 22 kg per year, the British - 9.3 kg and the French - 5.6 kg per year. It is worth noting that the Libyans add vegetables to almost all dishes.
According to most parents, onions with sugar really help get rid of cough, bronchitis and some other manifestations of SARS, especially if treatment is started immediately after the first symptoms are detected. However, it should be understood that the recipes of traditional medicine can only complement the traditional, and before any treatment, consultation with a specialist is necessary.