Features of royal jelly for children
Bee milk is a unique beekeeping product with a rich composition. It can be used in apitherapy for different categories of people. It can be beneficial for children of all ages.
What is royal jelly?
Royal jelly is a product produced by honey bees to feed offspring and the uterus. It is produced in bee-nurse from bee bread in the gland located in the upper jaw. This highly nutritious mass has a jelly-like consistency, white-cream color and sour taste.
Did you know? In the USSR, they began to study royal jelly in the second half of the 20th century in the second medical institute of Moscow. There were obtained successful results in the treatment of children with malnutrition. This remedy helped even with a severe form of the disease.
In what form is it sold
Mint milk can be found on sale in this form:
- Native milk. This is a fresh bee product from the hive, which is considered the most useful. It quickly loses its properties when exposed to light, heat and air.
- Pharmaceuticals In the form of "Apilak" containing a lyophilized product. It can be produced in tablets, suppositories, powder and ointments. "Apilactose" - contains lactose, which stabilizes and preserves the product.
- Rectal suppositories.
- Solution. It is made on the basis of alcohol or water.
- Mixes. This tool is mixed with glucose and other bee products - bee bread, honey.
- As an additive in ointments, creams (Apilak, Apifor).
Royal jelly has a complex composition, which is 95% studied.
Its nutritional value and BJU are as follows:
- 6 trees - 9–19%;
- fats - 2–9%;
- carbohydrates - 8–19%;
- water - 65–66.5%;
- minerals - more than 1%.
The proteins of this bee product are similar in composition to blood proteins and consist mainly of albumin and globulin. Carbohydrates are represented by sugars (glucose, fructose and sucrose). The composition contains B vitamins, vitamin A, D, C, H, E, PP, pantothenic acid, as well as fatty acids, phytohormones, sterols, acetyl chloride, lipids.
Did you know? The Japanese have an institute that studies royal jelly. As part of the state program, this product is given to preschool children and the elderly.
Why is royal jelly useful for children?
Royal jelly is a biologically active agent, has a rich composition and has bactericidal properties.
- For children, taking this beekeeping product may be helpful as follows:
- increases appetite and promotes weight gain;
- activates the metabolism;
- to enhance immunity;
- suppresses pathogenic microflora, including staphylococcus;
- strengthens the cardiovascular system;
- positive effect on blood composition;
- reduces fatigue from physical and mental stress;
- stimulating effect on the development of the central nervous system, improves memory, attention and coordination;
- positive effect on the skin - heals wounds, removes diaper rash.
It is good to use for malnourished after illness and premature babies, with atrophy and malnutrition.
How to take
When taking, it should be borne in mind that in one mother liquor there are 0.3 g of the drug. For young children, it is better to buy pharmacy products with the exact dosage.
Important! Regarding the consumption and determination of the daily dose, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician who is observing the baby. You need to start with a small test dose and monitor the reaction of the child's body, as there may be an allergy to the product.
The following daily dosages are recommended:
|1 month||4-6 mg|
|6 months||8-12 mg|
|1 year||10-15 mg|
|3 years||13–20 mg|
|7.5 years||20-30 mg|
|12 years||25–40 mg|
Premature babies use candles with 2.5 mg in the anus up to 3 times a day. After 10 days, the babies showed an increase in appetite and mobility. This product is given in 45-60 minutes. before eating. To do this, take the contents of the source and place on the tongue. After slowly resolving a couple of minutes.
Before this procedure, rinse your mouth with warm water to reduce the effect of active elements that are in saliva and can reduce the beneficial properties of this milk. The course of consumption is 30 days. If necessary, the course is repeated after a break for 1 month.
Royal jelly is often used with other beekeeping products to enhance the effect and make it taste better. For this purpose, honey, bee bread, pollen are used. In the evening and at night, this remedy is not taken, because its stimulating properties can interfere with sleep.
The daily dose is recommended to be halved and consumed before breakfast and lunch. You can mix the product with honey in a ratio of 1: 100 and consume 5 grams for children under 10 years of age.
Read also about the features of royal jelly for men and women.
Contraindications and side effects
- There are certain contraindications for the consumption of this product:
- Individual intolerance. This phenomenon often occurs in people who do not tolerate beekeeping products.
- Acute infectious diseases.
- Addison's disease.
- Tumor formations, oncology. In this case, you must definitely get a consultation from your doctor.
- With hypertension. Care should be taken to consume this product for problems with rapid blood coagulation.
How to store bee milk at home
The purchased fresh royal jelly should be moved to a glass jar and tightly corked with a suitable lid. Upon contact with air, such a tool loses its usefulness after a few hours. In indoor conditions, this product is stored for no more than 5 days.
For longer storage, it is placed in a freezer at a temperature of -2 ... -18 ° C. Under such conditions, the shelf life is about 1 year. Preparations with a lyophilized product (such as Apilak) can retain their properties for up to 2 years from the date of manufacture.
We recommend that you learn how to use honey for a child, as well as how the bee bread is useful for children.
They are stored at a temperature of no higher than + 25 ° C in a dark and dry place. Thus, subject to all the above instructions, bee milk can bring tangible benefits to the children's body.