Cultivation and care of strawberries varieties Divnaya
Strawberry Marvelous, according to many gardeners, fully lives up to its name. The variety is distinguished by high taste and unpretentious care. However, some nuances regarding the cultivation of Divnaya are still worth knowing. Read more about the rules of planting and agricultural technology of the variety in the article.
The birthplace of strawberries is Marvelous - the USSR. Russian originators worked on the development of the variety in 1987. Holiday and Festivalnaya became the maternal varieties.
Did you know? The French consider strawberries a powerful aphrodisiac.
Description and characteristics of the culture
The variety is distinguished by a tall and narrow powerful bush with straight stems. The plant is very leafy. Green leaf plates with a glossy sheen, large. Mustache is formed intensively.
The berries are in the shape of an oblong cone. The skin is bright red. The weight of one fruit is 15–20 g. The pulp is juicy, dense, sweet and sour to taste. During flowering, buds bloom in multi-flowered inflorescences. The color of the petals is light. The flowers are large enough.
Drought tolerance, winter hardiness
The culture tolerates summer heat well. Drought does not stop the development and fruiting. Plants without shelter survive cold up to –25 ° С. In colder conditions, the bushes should be grown in a greenhouse or sheltered for the winter. Also detrimental to the variety Divnaya spring cooling. The most dangerous sharp spikes in the northern climate.
Pollination, flowering period and ripening period
Flowering strawberries Marvelous bisexual. Pollinators do not need culture. Budding begins in early spring, often at the end of March. Ripening dates are ultra early. In a favorable warm climate, the fruits ripen in late May. In the middle lane, fruiting begins in early June.
Read also our e-magazine on strawberry cultivation.
Productivity and resistance to diseases and pests
Productivity from one bush for the entire growing season is up to 1 kg. Fruiting friendly.
Strawberry Marvelous is resistant to a number of diseases, including :
- gray rot;
- spotting caused by fungi.
Advantages and disadvantages
- A variety has many advantages:
- winter hardiness;
- drought tolerance;
- ultra-early ripening;
- unpretentiousness to conditions;
- large fruit size;
- intense urination;
- high taste;
- resistance to a number of diseases;
- profuse bearing;
- Among the disadvantages of agronomists are:
- in a cool and humid climate, the fruits become watery;
- the size of the berries is heterogeneous;
- the shape of the fruit is not the same.
Preparing for planting, select the appropriate dates and determine the site for cultivation. When choosing a location, consider the proximity to other cultures. It is also important to choose high-quality seedlings and properly prepare seedlings for planting. Landing is carried out according to clear technology.
Did you know? The world-famous combination of strawberries and cream was first invented by Archbishop Thomas Wolsey at the court of King Henry VIII.
Recommended Landing Times
Like other varieties, Strawberry Divnaya can be planted in spring and in the summer-autumn period. The optimal landing time, depending on the method chosen:
- April 15 - May 5;
- July 25 - September 5.
Choosing the most suitable place
Strawberry Divnaya can be planted in greenhouses and in the garden. When planting in open ground, choose an open area without a shadow. The site should also be protected from draft. The variety is undemanding to soil, however, it is worth choosing a loose fertile substrate.
What crops can and should not be planted next to strawberries
|Agronomists call good strawberry neighbors:||The neighborhood with the following cultures will be bad:|
Selection and preparation of planting material
When choosing a seedling, pay attention to its appearance. About the quality of planting material they say:
- branched root system;
- root length not less than 7 cm;
- bright green leaves;
- symmetrical and even sheet plates;
- lack of pale and dark spots on leaves and stalk.
Before planting, it is advisable to treat the root system of seedlings with the Kornevin preparation according to the instructions.
Important! It is better to buy seedlings in specialized nurseries, where sellers issue seedling quality certificates.
Seedlings are planted with a distance of 30-40 cm from each other. The landing pattern is as follows:
- Dig holes to a depth of 10–20 cm.
- Place the seedlings in the pits.
- Fill the free space with soil.
- Pour each bush with a solution of ammonium nitrate (20 g of concentrate per bucket of water).
Cultivation includes the following measures for the care of bushes:
- Watering . Irrigate the soil under the bushes as needed. The variety tolerates drought, but it is recommended to keep the soil in a semi-moist state. Stagnation of water in the ground should be avoided.
- Loosening . After each watering or rain, loosen the soil between the rows. Thus, the substrate will always be breathable.
- Weeding . It is advisable to remove weeds as they appear. It is convenient to carry out the procedure simultaneously with loosening - it is easier to tear out weeds with rhizome.
- Fertilizer . Strawberry Fertilizer Fertilizer Standard Scheme. At the beginning of the growing season, treat the plantings with nitrogen-containing substances, for example, urea or ammonium nitrate. During budding, the bushes need complex potash-phosphorus top dressing. At this stage, it is better to avoid nitrogen - it will provoke the growth of green mass and slow the fruit setting. After harvesting, the beds are treated with organics. Strawberry bushes tolerate chicken droppings or liquid mullein. Autumn top dressing will allow the culture to successfully survive the winter frosts.
- Mulching . Bushes are mulched to maintain the required level of moisture in the soil. As a mulch, it is better to use sawdust, straw or fallen leaves. This measure relieves the gardener of weeding - under the mulch, weeds practically do not grow.
- Winter shelter . Before winter, planting can be shut down according to general rules. Also, as a shelter before frost, you can use agrofiber.
- Thinning . Every year, remove dried and diseased bushes. Also cut off the extra mustache in a timely manner.
Video: How to properly care for strawberries in spring, summer and autumn
In the rainy period, it is necessary to treat garden strawberries with bactericidal and fungicidal preparations, and use Fitosporin for spraying.
Pest and Disease Control
The culture is resistant to verticillosis, gray rot and fungal spotting.
|Other diseases are dangerous for plantations, in particular:||From parasites, plants can affect:|
Read more about processing strawberries from pests and diseases.
For the prevention and treatment of these diseases, it is necessary to use fungicides. Of the suitable products are Bordeaux fluid, Skor, Fitosporin. Use the product according to the instructions.
To prevent the attack of pests, carry out preventive treatment with insecticides. For strawberries, Aktellik, Karbofos and Aktara are acceptable.
Important! Pesticides are toxic to humans. Use protective glasses and gloves when handling.
Harvesting and storage of crops
Harvested when the berries get a bright red color. After harvesting, store the fruits in the vegetable section of the refrigerator. The optimum storage temperature is 0 ... + 2 ° C. To prevent strawberries from drying out, place the harvested crop in a plastic container.
Strawberry Marvelous is easy to grow. According to the experience of gardeners, bushes grow and bear fruit even in adverse conditions. However, it is better to care for the plants according to the rules described above. For his efforts, the farmer will definitely receive a reward in the form of a rich and tasty crop.
Network user reviews
Today they tried the first berries of Divnaya - it tastes like real wild strawberries, sweet, fragrant! Probably influenced by our 30-degree heat, which has been almost a month and the lack of precipitation. The berries are long, on the bush 10-15 or more pieces (the first year of planting), it’s a pity we didn’t have time with a photo report (another time). The bushes are already letting out a mustache, immediately visible it reproduces well. Ivanna //forum.vinograd.info/showpost.php?p=456596&postcount=15