Chili pepper: health benefits and harms, daily intake
Fans of spicy dishes are familiar with first-hand chili peppers. However, many know about this seasoning only superficially. We offer you to get acquainted with this spicy product closer, and also to learn how to choose it, store and use it in different situations.
Nutritional value and chemical composition of chili peppers
100 g of hot chili pepper contains 40 kcal and the following number of different useful elements:
|Beta carotene||0.7 mg|
The effect of chili peppers on the body of men and women
Consider what benefits and harm can be obtained after consuming chili.
What is useful
The constant use of hot pepper is the prevention of many health problems.
- Let us consider in more detail what benefits are possible from the use of hot peppers for the female and male halves of humanity:
- Strengthening the nervous system and getting rid of pain . Burning substances act on the mucous membrane, which sends a signal to the brain, resulting in an increase in heart rate, increased sweating and the release of the hormone endorphin.
- As you know, it removes pain, relieves stress and improves mood . The benefits of chili for women in this context are very important, since it is the weaker sex that most often gives in to stress and mood swings, which negatively affects health.
- Normalization of the heart . Some substances in the composition accelerate blood circulation, which minimizes the risk of atherosclerosis and blood clots. In addition, there is a strengthening of blood vessels and an increase in their elasticity.
- Reduces salt intake . For the bright taste of any dish, other seasonings are not needed, even salt, pepper, and so it has quite bright taste.
- The usefulness of spices is associated with minimizing the risk of type 2 diabetes . Scientists in Australia as a result of studies have found that pepper in food lowers blood sugar, which reduces the need for insulin to lower its performance.
- Reduce the risk of cancer . Statistical studies have shown that those who use chili pepper reduce their risk of developing cancer by 90%. However, there is no official scientific data on this indicator yet.
- Lowering high pressure . Hot peppers dilate blood vessels, which leads to pressure stabilization.
- Effective for digestive problems and infectious tonsillitis . Substances such as capsaicinoids, which endow spice with burning qualities, negatively affect bacteria that die from this interaction.
- Restores potency in men .
- In addition, the burning pepper has such useful properties:
- improving digestion and liver function;
- strengthening immunity;
- increased appetite;
- improvement of intestinal motility;
- stimulation of hair growth;
- treatment of allergic diseases.
Harm and contraindications
Despite the benefits, excessive use of pepper can cause some harm to women and men.
- These may include the following points:
- the appearance of heartburn;
- development of gastrointestinal diseases;
- kidney and liver problems.
To prevent the occurrence of these situations, even with minor use, it is recommended to know in which situations it is contraindicated to use chili:
- individual intolerance;
- stomach problems in the form of ulcers, gastritis;
Consumption per day
Eating daily is allowed no more than 15 g of chili peppers. Exceeding this norm can lead to health problems.
Scope of application
Red hot pepper is endowed with a large number of useful qualities that allow it to be used in cooking, traditional medicine, and even in the manufacture of cosmetics.
In folk medicine
Hot peppers are often used in recipes for home remedies to treat various ailments.
- Based on it, tinctures, ointments and oils are prepared, which have the following medicinal properties:
- reduction of pain with arthritis;
- solving sleep problems;
- gum strengthening ;
- digestion recovery ;
- improving liver function;
- getting rid of worms;
- potency enhancement ;
- toning of the nervous system;
- lowering blood pressure;
- destruction of cancer cells.
Consider some effective recipes.
From sciatica, arthritis and rheumatism
To alleviate the condition, use the following recipe.
The right ingredients:
- Chile - 2 pcs.;
- vegetable oil - 300 ml.
The composition is prepared as follows:
- The pods are crushed and filled with oil.
- The capacity is put in a dark place for 2 weeks.
- Then the composition is filtered and stored in the refrigerator.
From bronchitis, colds and asthma
Such problems are treated with tincture, for which you need to have the following ingredients:
- aloe leaves - 10 pcs.;
- juice of viburnum - 50 ml;
- honey - 200 ml;
- red wine - 200 ml;
- chilli - 1 pc.
Did you know? In nature, there is a bird - a red-factor canary, which is sometimes fed with cayenne red pepper for the brightness of the feathers.
The cooking process is as follows:
- Aloe is refrigerated for a week. Then the leaves are crushed and squeezed juice.
- Mix with juice of viburnum.
- Honey, wine and chopped chili are added to the composition.
- Once again, thoroughly mix and put in a clay pot.
- The container is covered with a lid and put in an oven preheated to +120 ° C.
- After 3 hours, the mixture is removed, cooled and filtered.
The use of chili in cooking is directly related to its taste. At the same time, it increases appetite, thus improving digestion.
- in meat dishes;
- in vegetable salads and first courses;
- in the composition of spicy mixtures;
- in rice or egg dishes.
Important! Culinary experts with great experience are sure that in order to get the most out of this spice, it should be added to the dish immediately before serving.
The following drinks are very popular in America:
- coffee or cocoa with a pinch of chili;
- chocolate with chili as an additive.
Ground chili is often used in cosmetology. In addition to combating the effect of the "orange peel", which is achieved using drugs based on this product, it is used to grow and improve hair. Different compositions (masks, lotions, etc.) are prepared on the basis of alcohol tincture, which is insisted on chili. You can cook it yourself.
To do this, take the following components:
- pepper - 5 pcs.;
- alcohol - 600 ml.
The cooking process is as follows:
- Fresh pepper with seeds is crushed.
- The resulting raw material is put in a dark jar and poured with alcohol.
- Leave the container in a dark place for 14 days.
- After time, the composition is passed through a filter.
- The resulting solution is used as intended.
Did you know? It turns out that the smaller the pod of pepper, the sharper it is. The most hot peppers are usually no longer than 5 cm.
You can remove brittleness and foliation of nails with a mask.
It is prepared from the following ingredients:
- hand cream - 40 g;
- chili (powder) - 10 g;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- honey - 10 g;
- vitamins A and E - 5 drops each.
- All components are mixed.
- Vitamins are added to the mixture and mixed well.
- They put in a water bath and hold for 10 minutes.
For weight loss
The effect of hot pepper during weight loss is associated with the ability to accelerate metabolic processes in the body. Fans of unusual tastes can add a little chili and cinnamon to coffee: such additives will not only help you lose weight, but also give energy until the evening. In addition, pepper can be added to kefir.
Another use of chili is to wrap with it (in powder form).
To do this, you need the following ingredients:
- chili powder - 10 g;
- olive oil - 100 ml;
- salt - 10 g;
- ground coffee - 10 g.
The process of preparing the composition:
- All components are mixed.
- The resulting composition is processed problem areas.
- They put a film on top and put on warm clothes.
- It is additionally recommended to lie down under a warm blanket for about 30 minutes.
- Then everything is washed off with warm water.
Features of the selection and storage of chili peppers
Fresh pepper has a bright color, it is hard to the touch, and its tip is bent. A sluggish vegetable will not only not be very sharp, but also have minimal benefits. Read also how to properly and correctly preserve whole peppers for the winter. To choose the right pepper, you need to know how to check its freshness:
- Break the stalk (the appearance of juice indicates the freshness of the vegetable).
- The skin should be resilient, shiny, without any damage.
- Slightly bend the fetus - no breaks should appear on the surface, but at the same time it should not fold in half.
Consider several popular methods:
- In the fridge. The fruits are washed, dried with a paper towel and put in a plastic bag. To prevent condensation, make small holes. A similar method is used for storage no more than 2 weeks.
- In vinegar. Such storage is called canning. Seeds are removed from washed peppers. Pods are placed in the selected jar, and then spices are added to taste. Vinegar is brought to a boil and poured into a container. After cooling, the jar is closed and refrigerated.
- In oil. Vegetables are washed, dried and cut in half. After removing the seeds, cut into slices. Stacked in a dry jar and pour warmed sunflower or olive oil. Close the lid, allow time to cool and refrigerate. So it can be stored for a long time.
Consider the most popular:
- In the sun. Whole fruits are laid out on a burlap or grate with a layer of 10 cm. A place for drying is chosen with plenty of sun. So that insects do not sit on the fruits, it is recommended to put gauze or any thin tissue on top of them. The product will be ready in about 10 days, it all depends on the size of the pepper and its thickness.
- In the oven or special dryer . Peppers are washed and dried from excess moisture. They are laid out on a wire rack, which is placed in the oven, previously heated to +50 ° C. This way you can dry as whole pods, or cut after removing seeds. Drying usually takes several hours.
- In limbo . The stalks are pierced with a needle and a thread or fishing line is inserted through the holes. Such "garlands" are hung in the sun or in a well-ventilated place. Drying lasts 7 days.
We hope that our article has fully acquainted you with the properties of chili, and now you will not only diversify your taste sensations, but also improve your body. The main thing is to adhere to consumption standards and monitor your feelings so as not to harm your health.
Network user reviews
ADVANTAGES: Stimulates the pancreas and improves digestion
DISADVANTAGES: Contraindications: gastritis, pancreatitis, ulcer.
Hello! I sometimes use red hot chili peppers. Now more and more I come across interesting publications about its benefits. It turns out that it is rich in biologically active nutrients. It contains vitamins A, B, E, C. A lot of trace elements of magnesium, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus. It contains the substance capsaicin, which gives the chili pepper an acute burning taste, has antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Red hot chili pepper reduces blood coagulation, helps from blood clots, from atherosclerosis.
I use this pepper in cooking. I add chili pepper to the food 10 minutes before cooking. This gives the dishes spiciness and pungency. I make adjika from it according to the following recipe: I take 0.5 kg of chili pepper, 50 grams of walnuts, 7 cloves of garlic, 15 grams of coriander seeds, 10 grams of fennel seeds, 10 grams of oregano seeds, a bunch of green cilantro, 200 grams of sea salt. I remove seeds from pepper. Pepper, nut, garlic scroll through a meat grinder. I chop the seeds. Finely chop the greens. I mix everything with salt and put it in jars. It turns out delicious and very healthy. Spicy foods stimulate the pancreas and improve digestion. There is a contraindication to eating red hot chili peppers, it is that people with gastritis, pancreatitis, an ulcer should be very carefully introduced into their diet, as in these cases it can cause an exacerbation. To all others, it will only benefit, subject to measures of course. Bon appetit and good health! Tonja //spasibovsem.ru/responses/perets-chili-krasnyj-zhguchij.html