Can I use grapes with seeds?
The health benefits of grapes are not in doubt, but eating grape seed has not yet become a habit in most people. The question of whether it is healthy to eat grape berries with seeds will be discussed in detail in this article.
What do grape seeds contain?
Grape seeds have an impressive biological composition and contain such elements:
- vitamins C, A, group B, K and E, PP;
The nutritional value of grape seeds is as follows:
- 18% protein;
- 10% fat;
- 15.4% disaccharides.
Did you know? Grape seed flour is used as an additive for baking bread, giving it a rich dark color and original taste.
Is it possible to eat grape seeds
For a long time, it was believed that the ingress of bone into the stomach would be the cause, if not appendicitis, then other gastrointestinal diseases. However, modern medicine excludes this relationship, calling it a myth.
There are also a number of scientifically proven health benefits from grape seeds and peels. The following are arguments in favor of taking seeds for the body of women and men, as well as a list of known contraindications.
Consider the usefulness of grape seeds.
- Due to the biological composition with antioxidants, one can distinguish such useful properties of this product:
- purification of blood from toxic elements and stimulation of blood circulation;
- reduction of the effect of exposure to tobacco smoke on active and passive smokers;
- antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effect;
- prevention of breast, skin and prostate cancer;
- slowing down the aging process of the body;
- improvement of skin and hair.
Did you know? According to studies by Russian scientists, grape seeds, peel and stalks contain phytoestrogen, which effectively protects women after 45 years from atherosclerosis.
Harm and contraindications
Next, we will examine whether it is harmful to eat whole grapes and why children should not eat grape seeds. Despite the absence of harmful and dangerous substances in the product, the use of seeds by pregnant and lactating women, as well as children, is prohibited. This is due to the lack of relevant experimental studies in medical science.
- It is also not recommended to use grapes with seeds in such cases:
- gastrointestinal tract diseases (ulcers, gastritis, colitis, etc.) and flatulence;
- diabetes and obesity;
- kidney and liver disease;
- enamel diseases;
- allergy to grapes and its components.
How to use without harm to health?
Bones can be taken in several ways. The greatest benefit will bring if you carefully grind them with food and swallow. For dental problems, you can use crushed powder or ready-made capsules. The beneficial properties are retained by special extracts, food additives and oil, which are sold in health food stores and pharmacies.
Important! If you swallow the bones without chewing, they will play the role of fiber and cleanse the intestines mechanically.
Traditional recipes from grape seed
You can make healthy products from grape seeds with your own hands.
To extract, do the following:
- In a glass container of 200 g of seeds from red grapes pour ½ liter of vodka.
- Put the mixture in a dark cool place for 4 weeks and shake periodically.
- Ready hood take 1 tsp. three times a day before meals.
For the broth use seeds of berries of any variety.
For its manufacture should:
- Pour a glass of hot water 2 tbsp. l seed and leave in a water bath for 15 minutes.
- Filter the cooled broth and take 50 ml an hour before meals.
To cleanse the skin of the face using a mask of this preparation:
- From seeds and oatmeal, grind flour on a household coffee grinder.
- Mix 2 tsp. oatmeal and 4 tsp. grape flour, add 3 tsp. sour cream and 12 drops of grape oil.
- Apply the mixture to a clean face with massaging movements, avoiding the sore spots and skin around the eyes and lips.
- After 5 minutes of light massage, the scrub mask is washed off with warm water and a moisturizer or cream is applied overnight.
In the finished base for home soap making, you can add crushed seeds and liquid vitamin E. The homogeneous mixture is laid out in a silicone mold for solidification. Such a soap will nourish and rejuvenate the skin of the hands.
Features of selection and storage
You can get a beneficial effect from grape seed in a convenient form by choosing a natural product or industrial ready-made additives. For the preparation of drugs at home, it is necessary to use fresh seeds from quality berries. Keep ready-made hoods and infusions in the refrigerator.
Capsules, powders, and oils purchased at a store or pharmacy should be used in accordance with the instructions.
Important! It is recommended to buy products from well-known manufacturers with an active substance content of over 90%. To obtain a therapeutic or prophylactic effect, regularity of admission and accurate adherence to the course duration are important.
Grapes have a therapeutic effect on a person not only by their juice, but also by-products of processing. Grapes can be eaten without fear by adults without the diseases listed above, and products using oil or extracts can improve the health status of various organs.