Boiled beets: useful properties and contraindications
It is known that beets have a wide range of useful components that can improve human health and prevent many diseases. However, not everyone decides to eat a raw product - most often this vegetable is consumed boiled. Find out what is the use of boiled beets, and how to cook it in order to maintain nutritional value. You can read more about whether raw beets are healthy.
Calorie content and chemical composition
Beets are endowed with a rich chemical composition.
- vitamins: groups B, P and PP;
- micro and macro elements: iodine, calcium, magnesium, fluorine, potassium, sulfur, magnesium, copper, manganese, iron, boron, nickel;
- amino acid complex: histidine, betanin, arginine;
- mono- and disaccharides;
- alimentary fiber;
- organic acids.
Important! Beets contain a lot of arginine, an amino acid that can fight viruses and bacteria. Arginine also has an anti-cancer effect and is able to stop the development of cancer cells. It is used as part of drugs widely used in the treatment of AIDS.
The ratio of BZHU in the product and calorie content of boiled vegetable are presented by the following indicators:
|Calorie content and BJU per 100 g of product|
|Calorie content||49 kcal|
Boiled root vegetables are considered a full-fledged dietary product, approved for use by children, the elderly and those who suffer from diseases of the digestive system.
Why boiled beets are useful
The rich chemical composition of the vegetable provides him with a wide range of medicinal properties that have a beneficial effect on all body systems of women and men.
Doctors recommend paying special attention to boiled beets for the fair sex. The root crop contains significant amounts of folic acid and the amino acid valine, which are responsible for the hormonal background of the female body and normalize it.
Due to the presence of iron, during menstruation, this vegetable:
- helps relieve pain;
- makes it possible to avoid anemia;
- promotes good blood formation.
The complex of active biological substances contained in root crops positively affects the immune system, strengthens health, and increases the body's resistance to harmful environmental factors.
In addition, boiled beets have anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, restorative effect.
- She helps:
- normalize blood pressure;
- calm the nerves;
- relieve insomnia and normalize night rest;
- to normalize the work of the cardiovascular system;
- remove harmful substances and toxins from the body;
- improve the digestive system, relieve constipation.
Did you know? Beetroot is a universal vegetable in growing. It grows on all continents except Antarctica. No less valuable vegetable is for female beauty.
Zinc in its composition:
- strengthens hair, makes it thick and radiant;
- rejuvenates the skin, restores its firmness and elasticity;
- improves the regeneration of epidermal cells;
- Eliminates acne, inflammation and redness.
Boiled beets are considered a low-calorie product, which is great for losing weight. Regular consumption of root vegetables reduces appetite, maintains a feeling of satiety for a long time, activates metabolic processes and accelerates metabolism. Replacing one meal with his portion, you can lose up to four kilograms in just a month.
Another advantage of the root crop is its ability to cleanse. Boiled beets bring great benefits to the liver, as it removes toxins, waste, harmful substances from it, improves the functioning of the body and restores it, while almost never causing harm.
Few people know why men need this vegetable. It turns out he helps improve their sex life. This product helps to solve problems such as lack of erection, sexual impotence.
- Boiled beets are especially useful for men after 40 years, when dysfunctions of the reproductive system begin to appear, because:
- increases sexual desire;
- normalizes the functioning of the reproductive system;
- contributes to improved erection.
The invaluable benefit of the root crop for men lies in the fact that it cleanses the intestines well, helps to eliminate toxins and harmful substances. Such "waste" adversely affects the functioning of the whole organism, including the work of the prostate gland.
Did you know? Boiled beets help to improve the condition of the body after drinking alcohol. It contains special ingredients that actively fight a hangover, reduce nausea and headache.
A boiled vegetable will be a real salvation for problems with digestion, gastritis, high blood pressure and atherosclerosis. Regular consumption of it makes it possible to strengthen the immune system, increase the body's resistance to viruses and bacteria, and restore strength after physical training.
The rich vitamin and mineral composition of beets provides the growing children's body with all the necessary components. The vegetable is especially useful for the digestive system: it triggers the motility of the stomach, normalizes the microflora, and promotes regular stool.
Many parents are concerned about the question of whether it is possible to poison boiled beets. Such cases have not been observed in medical practice, but it is better to start taking the vegetable with small portions, carefully observing the reactions of the child's body. Important! Introducing boiled root crops into the diet of babies is allowed after the child reaches the age of five months. The red root crop will become irreplaceable in the winter time - when most of the vegetables and fruits lose their nutritional value, it remains a supplier of nutrients and serves as an excellent prevention of hypovitaminosis.
Contraindications and harm
Even the many beneficial properties of beets cannot guarantee its safety for certain categories of people.
- In particular, it can harm the body:
- with increased acidity of the stomach, as it can exacerbate the problem;
- with a deficiency of calcium in the body: excessive consumption of cooked beets negatively affects the digestibility of calcium, therefore, it can lead to the development of problems with bone and muscle tissue, including osteoporosis;
- with urolithiasis, as it can provoke the movement of kidney stones;
- with a tendency to diarrhea and indigestion. The root crop has a laxative effect, so it cannot be used for chronic diarrhea and diarrhea in the acute stage.
The harm of boiled beets for those who have an individual intolerance to the product is not excluded. It is also worth remembering that, like any food, this vegetable should be consumed in moderation.
How to cook beets
To get the maximum benefit from boiled beets, it must be properly cooked. There are a number of subtleties and rules, the observance of which allows you to get a product that tastes good without a specific smell.
Depending on the size of the root crop and its age, the cooking time will vary from 20 minutes to 2-3 hours.
During the cooking process, you must be guided by the following recommendations:
- Before putting the root crop into the pan, it must be thoroughly washed and cleaned with a soft brush;
- you can not remove the peel and tail, since a violation of the integrity of the vegetable will lead to a loss of juice, and, as a result, the color of the product and valuable components;
- the water in which the beets are cooked cannot be salted, since the salt will make the vegetable harder and thereby increase the cooking time. Salt should be put in an already prepared dish;
- if it is necessary to preserve the scarlet, saturated red color of the pulp, it is recommended to add ½ tsp to the water, after boiling it. vinegar, 1 tsp. lemon fresh or 1 tsp. Sahara;
- You can neutralize the specific smell of boiled vegetable by putting a crust of brown bread in the container;
- beet readiness is recommended to be checked with a knife: if it comes in gently and without delay, the product is ready for use.
Important! This vegetable has the ability to accumulate from the soil not only useful, but also toxic components. Therefore, if beets were grown in adverse regions or when using a large number of chemicals, it is undesirable, and sometimes dangerous for consumption. When choosing a vegetable for cooking, you should pay attention to root crops of medium size, with a bright saturated color, a cylindrical, elongated shape. On one small root crop, you need to prepare at least 0.5 liters of water. After the vegetable is boiled, it must be taken out of boiling water and cooled in cold water.
Video: How to cook beets
What can I cook
Usually, boiled beets are associated exclusively with a traditional salad familiar from childhood, a vinaigrette salad. However, this vegetable can be used for cooking various in taste and texture, original and delicious dishes.
The root crop goes well:
- with apples;
- sauces and salad dressings;
- cold beetroot;
- verrine with herring;
- beetroot caviar;
- sponge cakes and muffins.
You can diversify the taste of boiled vegetable salads using:
- sour cream;
- homemade mayonnaise;
- lemon juice;
- olive oil;
- natural yogurt;
- balsamic vinegar.
With a little culinary imagination, you can get a truly refined, tasty, healthy and always new beetroot dish.
Boiled beets are a unique product that brings invaluable benefits to the human body. Surprisingly, after heat treatment, this root crop only adds value, and does not lose it. Therefore, regular consumption of boiled vegetables will make it possible to resolve a number of health problems, lose extra pounds, restore youth and vitality.