The best recipes for pickled pumpkin with step by step cooking
Pickled pumpkin is an infrequent guest on our table, although the product has a whole range of nutrients and an interesting taste. Still, many canned vegetables for the winter in every possible way. Pumpkin preservation is not an easy process requiring culinary skills. Next, we will take a closer look at the intricacies of pickling pumpkins, as well as analyze popular recipes.
It is considered a unique product that is safe for the body during any cooking process, therefore it is recommended for dietary nutrition for adults and children. However, canning involves the use of additional substances - natural preservatives, the interaction with which affects the quality and useful properties of the workpieces.
- The benefits of vegetables for the body:
- increases visual acuity and prevents the development of eye pathologies;
- improves digestion and cleanses the intestines;
- possesses antihypertensive property, and also protects the walls of blood vessels from sclerosis;
- activates the metabolism;
- strengthens the immune system and protects the body from infections;
- increases blood coagulation;
- It has anti-inflammatory and regenerative effect;
- helps protect against oncological formations;
- protects the body from aging.
- The product causes exacerbations:
- gastritis, with low acidity;
- intestinal colic;
- diabetes and prediabetes state;
- pathologies of the acid-base balance of the body.
In addition, with uncontrolled use, the acids of the product affect the tooth enamel, which leads to darkening of the teeth and caries.
Did you know? In Europe, pumpkin fruits appeared only in the XVI century, however, as early as 3 millennium BC. e. the vegetable was successfully cultivated by the Indian tribes of South America. In addition to fruits, Indians used tops and young inflorescences of plants for food.
The best pickled pumpkin recipes
Today, in cooking, there are many ways to harvest vegetables for the winter, but only a few are popular. This is due to the fact that the fruit does not always respond well to marinades, and the taste of the vegetable may deteriorate. Therefore, we propose to consider the most delicious recipes for such blanks.
Classic winter recipe
This recipe is known to many, as it is based on traditional principles used for the preservation of vegetables for many decades. Such preservation is suitable as a separate dish, as well as a side dish for meat or poultry.
To prepare 1 liter of product you will need:
- pulp of peeled pumpkin - 0.5 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 125 g;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- wine vinegar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- peppercorns - 3-5 pcs.
Stages of cooking:
- Grind the vegetable to small cubes.
- Dip in boiling water and boil for several minutes.
- Cool the pumpkin and place it in a sterile jar.
- Combine water, pepper, salt, sugar and vinegar, and then bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the fruit with hot marinade, then immediately roll it under the lid.
- Turn the jar upside down, and wrap it with a towel for 6-8 hours.
Important! Cooked spin for the winter should always be infused in a storage place for at least 3 weeks.
The recipe is suitable for those who do not like to "mess around" with cans, but want to enjoy a vegetable throughout the winter. In addition, the lack of sterilization creates a favorable environment for the development of beneficial bacteria in the bank. In this case, the resulting product is saturated not only with specific vitamins, but also with a light pickled flavor.
- peeled pumpkin - 1 kg;
- water - 0.5 l;
- 6% apple cider vinegar - 5 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- spices (peppercorns, mustard, dill, bay leaf, cloves, mustard seeds) - to taste.
Pickling without sterilization involves the following steps:
- Cut the vegetable into even slices or medium-sized cubes.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes in boiling water.
- Drain, cool and transfer to glass jars.
- Dissolve salt, sugar in water, and then boil the liquid.
- Put spices on the vegetable, and then fill it with hot marinade.
- While the marinade has not cooled, cover the jars with plastic lids.
- After cooling, transfer the workpieces to a refrigerator or a cold cellar.
Important! Pickled pumpkin without sterilization is stored for 1-2 months only at a temperature of 0 ... + 5 ° C, otherwise its shelf life is sharply reduced.
Despite the fact that the fast cooking method does not have complicated technological processes, such a pumpkin turns out to be tasty and aromatic. It is stored in the refrigerator for no more than a week.
Video: pickled instant pumpkin
For 1 liter of the finished product should be stocked:
- peeled medium-sized vegetable - 1 pc.;
- water - 1 l;
- sugar - 125-150 g;
- 9% vinegar - 100 ml;
- salt - 30 g;
- coriander - 3 g;
- pepper peas - 5 pcs.;
- cloves - 3 pcs.;
- cinnamon - 2 sticks;
- star anise - 1 pc.
Stages of pickling:
- Grind the vegetable into cubes or strips, and then pour boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Combine sugar, salt and spices.
- Separate the water from the pumpkin, and then add a mixture of sugar, salt, spices and vinegar to it. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Arrange the chopped vegetable in sterilized jars and pour boiling marinade.
- Cover the jars with plastic lids and allow the workpiece to brew for 6-8 hours at room temperature.
Sweet with honey
Sweet pumpkin with honey will appeal to fans of an unusual combination of products. In addition, the dish will complement the winter diet, as the combination of pumpkin and honey in the diet increases the body's immunity and resistance to seasonal infections. Did you know? The largest pumpkin in the world was grown in 1999 in Pennsylvania (USA). The local farmer Jerry Chekton managed to collect a fruit weighing 513 kg.
For 3 half-liter cans, take:
- peeled vegetable - 2 kg;
- water - 700 ml;
- honey - 200 g;
- 6% apple cider vinegar - 130 ml;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- cloves - 2 pcs.;
- cinnamon stick - 1 pc.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes, then boil it in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Cool the boiled vegetable and arrange in banks.
- Combine pure water, honey, vinegar and spices, and then boil the mixture over medium heat.
- Pour the marinade into jars, cover them with lids.
- Pour 3 liters of water into a large pot and bring it to a boil.
- Put jars of pumpkin in boiling water to be sterilized for 15–20 minutes.
- Remove cans from boiling water, roll them with lids and leave to insist for 8 hours.
Video: pickled pumpkin with honey
Spicy with garlic
The recipe will help create a versatile pumpkin dish. With it, you can diversify the diet and recipes of salads, side dishes, meat and poultry dishes. Its sharpness will add a twist, and a bright color will decorate the winter table.
Read also about how to make jam and marmalade from pumpkin.
For 1 liter of product you will need:
- peeled pumpkin pulp - 0.7 kg;
- onions - 1 pc.;
- hot peppers - 1 pc.;
- cloves of garlic - 5 pcs.;
- water - 0.5 l;
- 6% apple cider vinegar - 100 ml;
- sunflower oil - 80-100 ml;
- sugar and salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaf - 3-4 pcs.;
- peppercorns - 7 pcs.;
- allspice - 5 pcs.;
- cloves - 5 pcs.;
- fresh dill and parsley - half the bunch.
Pickled vegetable like this:
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes, and the onions into large rings or half rings.
- Chop red pepper, garlic and dill with parsley.
- Mix vegetables and fill in clean jars with the mixture.
- Warm the water over medium heat, add sugar, salt, spices and oil to it.
- Boil the marinade for 1-2 minutes, add vinegar to it and remove from heat.
- Pour hot liquid into the jars and cover them with plastic lids.
- Cool the pickles at room temperature, and then put in the refrigerator (store no more than a week).
Video: pickled pumpkin
To marinate quickly, and the cooked product does not bring disappointment, we recommend using the following tips:
- for pickling, use dense fruits, otherwise the pickles in the jar will turn into a homogeneous mass;
- when peeling a vegetable, you need to cut off the skin from it, it not only gives it an unpleasant aftertaste, but also complicates the culinary processing;
- so that during sterilization in boiling water the jars do not crack, put a dense cloth on the bottom of the dishes with water;
- it is not worth pouring the marinade into the jars to the top; an air gap of 1-2 cm should remain between the liquid and the lid, this will protect against spontaneous opening of pickles;
- use damaged enameled dishes for the preparation of marinades is not worth it. Under the influence of aggressive acids, part of the enamel can penetrate the liquid;
- cooked pickles are best stored at a temperature not exceeding +5 ° C, in a specially designated place;
- if possible, put the date of manufacture of preservation on each can, this will protect against poisoning with a poor-quality product.
Find out what pumpkin is good for men and women.
Pickled pumpkin is a real decoration of both a festive and daily table. It diversifies the diet and gives long-familiar dishes new bright notes, so any gourmet will like it. Pickle pumpkin according to our recipes and see for yourself.