The best recipe for Dungan pepper for the winter
Fans of savory pickled dishes can diversify their winter recipes with Dungan pepper appetizers. One of the simple recipes for its preparation for the winter is further in the article.
Did you know? Regular milk helps relieve burning sensations in the mouth after an overly spicy pepper snack. It, unlike water, neutralizes capsaicin - a substance that gives the vegetable a sharpness.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Many chefs will be interested in the question, what kind of variety is this. Dungan hot pepper comes to our markets from Uzbekistan. Fruits are green, yellow and red of interesting shape - elongated, with pronounced corrugation. For the preparation of fresh and winter snacks, green fruits are used, which have an average pungency. Before cooking, peppercorns are cleaned of partitions and seeds, the stem with the tail is removed.
Recipe number 1
Pickled Dungan Peppers: A Step-by-Step Recipe
2 cans per 1 liter 40 minutes Steps 8 ingredients
1 tbsp. l
4 tbsp. l
before filling the jars
- vegetable oil
- laurel leaves
- The peeled and washed peppercorns are cut lengthwise into two halves.
- Garlic is peeled and peeled, cut into thin plates.
- In a suitable bowl, boil water, put in a boiling liquid half the amount of garlic and spices.
- Then the fruits are placed in the mixture, everything is stewed on low heat for 5 minutes.
- The slotted leaves catch laurel leaves. They are laid at the bottom of prepared cans along with the remaining half of garlic.
- Peppercorns are tightly placed on top of the spices, and the jars are filled with hot pouring.
- Rolled up and placed in heat.
Pepper Storage Features
The pickled product is stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 months under nylon covers. Canned food in sterile dishes under seaming lids can be stored for up to 18 months at a temperature of + 2 ... + 18 ° C and humidity not higher than 75%.
Important! Cans for preservation are disinfected with baking soda, sterilized in the oven or microwave.
Spicy pickled appetizer of Dungan pepper has a bright aroma that causes appetite. A dish can be consumed without waiting for the winter, serving it with meat, poultry, and any side dish.