The benefits and harms of honey water in the morning on an empty stomach for the body
The beneficial properties of honey have long been known to man, but you can use it not only in its pure form, but also as part of a drink such as honey water. It is prepared very simply, tastes good and contains many useful substances. In this article, we will find out what honey water is and why drink it, we list the main methods of preparation, as well as its main pros and cons for the human body.
What is honey water?
A honey drink is a mixture of pure water and fresh honey. With this combination of these ingredients, a tasty and healthy solution is obtained that has the same composition as blood plasma. That is why it is well absorbed by all cells of the body, delivering all the necessary vitamins directly to the cells of various organs. As a result of this, drinking a drink brings a lot more benefits to a person than drinking honey alone.
Did you know? To produce 100 g of honey, a bee needs to collect nectar from more than 100, 000 flowers.
The chemical composition of the product includes such components (in mg per 100 g):
- vitamin C - 0.2;
- vitamin PP - 0.02;
- magnesium - 0.3;
- potassium - 3.6;
- sulfur - 0.1;
- phosphorus - 1.8;
- calcium - 1.4;
- chlorine - 1.9;
- sodium - 1;
- iron is 0.08.
The calorie content of the honey elixir is approximately 33 kcal per 100 g.
In this case, 100 g of product contains:
- proteins - 0.08 g;
- fats - 0 g;
- carbohydrates - 8.3 g.
What are the benefits for men and women
It is recommended to drink the elixir in the morning to recharge the body with energy for the whole day. This drink is especially useful in the restoration of strength after physical exertion or active mental activity.
In addition, it has a beneficial effect on many organ systems in our body and can be a good preventive measure against many diseases. Let us consider in more detail whether it is useful to drink this drink on an empty stomach and what is its positive effect on the human body.
Honey water is a good way to strengthen immunity. This drink is recommended for the prevention of viral infections and colds, especially in the cold season, when the body is deficient in vitamins.
Did you know? The oldest amphora with honey was discovered in the tomb of Tutankhamun. At the same time, the product almost completely retained its taste and healthy composition.
- The beneficial effect of the prepared product on immunity is as follows:
- fight against viruses;
- protection against harmful microbes;
- prevention of fungal infections;
- antibacterial effect.
For the digestive tract
Regular consumption of honey elixir is very beneficial for the digestive system. It helps to prevent the occurrence of gastrointestinal diseases and has a positive effect on the normal functioning of the stomach.
- The basic principles of its positive effect on the human body are listed below:
- improving bowel function;
- prevention and elimination of constipation;
- cleansing the body of toxins and toxins;
- improving liver function;
- restoration of intestinal microflora;
- getting rid of heartburn and colic;
- prevention and treatment of dysbiosis.
For the cardiovascular system
Including honey in your daily diet can prevent heart and vascular disease.
Read also about the features of using turnips with cough honey.
- The positive effect of the drink on the cardiovascular system is manifested in the following:
- improvement of blood flow through the vessels;
- prevention of blood clots and varicose veins;
- decrease in the level of "bad" cholesterol;
- reduced load on the heart muscle;
- increased elasticity of the walls of blood vessels.
For the central nervous system
Honey water has a beneficial effect on the central nervous system. It is recommended to use it for severe nervous shocks and disorders, as well as for the prevention of their occurrence.
- The positive effect of the drink on the nervous system is manifested in the following:
- Helps fight depression
- provides a calming effect after severe stress;
- has a sedative effect;
- improves night sleep.
For the brain
Honey drink is recommended for people who are engaged in active mental activity.
- The list of product-positive brain features is presented below:
- improves memory;
- restores strength after significant mental stress;
- stimulates mental activity;
- eliminates a headache.
For the kidneys and bladder
Honey has good hygroscopic properties, so the use of the prepared elixir at night helps to unload the bladder. This helps to get rid of enuresis in children and adults, and also gives night rest to the kidneys. In addition, the honey drink effectively helps eliminate swelling.
For the oral cavity
This tool has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the oral cavity and helps to fight diseases of the upper respiratory tract.
- The list of positive qualities of this drink is presented below:
- eliminates sore throat;
- relieves irritation of the upper respiratory tract;
- reduces cough;
- has an anti-inflammatory effect;
- promotes liquefaction of mucus, removes it from the bronchi and lungs;
- eliminates chronic runny nose.
Can I use honey on an empty stomach
All of the above recommendations for the use of this product can be applied to adults who do not have health problems. But there are several other categories of people who need to use honey water with caution - these are women during pregnancy and lactation, as well as young children.
Important! If you have any diseases, it is recommended to consult with your doctor before taking a honey drink.
Honey water can benefit the baby’s body, but it can also cause the baby’s allergies. Therefore, it is necessary to give it to children extremely carefully and observe the baby’s well-being.
- The main recommendations for drinking the children are listed below:
- Do not give the product to children under 3 years of age;
- Before starting use, it is necessary to consult a pediatrician;
- the first dose of the drink should be minimal - no more than 1-2 teaspoons;
- when allergy symptoms or deterioration of the child's health appear, the drink should be stopped immediately.
During pregnancy, a woman needs a nutritious and balanced diet. Honey water can become a useful addition to it, supplying the body of the mother and the unborn child with the necessary amount of vitamins and nutrients. But you can use it during pregnancy only after consulting with a gynecologist and provided that the woman has never had an allergy to bee products before.
During breastfeeding, a woman needs to carefully monitor her diet, as Some foods can cause a serious food allergy in your child. Honey is a strong allergen and, if it passes into breast milk, it can negatively affect the well-being of infants. Therefore, before drinking honey water, a nursing mother must consult a pediatrician.
Important! Women should not drink a honey drink while breastfeeding until the baby is 3 months old.
How to make a honey drink
In the classic recipe for the preparation of this drink, only water and honey are used. In order to get 1 serving of an elixir for an adult, simply dissolve a teaspoon of honey in a glass of clean water. In order for the resulting product to possess all of the listed beneficial properties, you need to be able to choose high-quality honey and know in which water it is best to dissolve.
When choosing honey for the preparation of this product, you need to know what its quality depends on. To prepare a healthy and tasty honey drink, it is recommended to use high-quality and natural honey that has not passed pasteurization, filtration or heat treatment. Such a product retains all its beneficial properties and has a beneficial effect on the body.
Honey must be selected according to the following criteria:
- buy a product only from a trusted seller;
- choose only fresh honey that did not succeed in sugaring;
- the consistency of honey should be thick and viscous;
- lack of signs of fermentation (foam and air bubbles on the surface of the product).
Not all types of water are suitable for making a honey drink. The human body is best absorbed only by structured water, which is most rapidly absorbed by cells. Therefore, this drink should be prepared only with raw water, as boiled does not lend itself to structuring when interacting with honey.
Important! Natural honey loses its beneficial qualities in water with a temperature of about + 45 ° С, and when it gets into boiling water (more than + 70 ° С) it starts to secrete substances harmful to humans.
To make a drink, you can use the following types of water:
- spring or well;
- bottled bottled drinking water (without gas);
When and how to consume honey water
Freshly prepared honey water contains a maximum of nutrients and vitamins. But in order for these beneficial substances to be absorbed by the body in the best way, you need to know how to drink the prepared drink correctly.
The main recommendations for using the finished product are listed below:
- drink the drink in one gulp right after preparation;
- for the general prevention of diseases, honey should be consumed in the morning on an empty stomach;
- for medicinal purposes, the prepared remedy is drunk at lunchtime and in the evening before bedtime (1 glass per 1 dose);
- the drink should be drunk in 1 glass, 20-30 minutes before eating;
- the course of drinking is 30 days, then you can take a break for 2 weeks;
- in the absence of a negative reaction from the body, you can take the elixir constantly, without taking interruptions;
- per day, you should not use more than 1 cup of this product, so as not to create an excessive load on the pancreas.
Did you know? The word “honey” has Jewish roots and literally means “magic spell”.
What else can be added for taste and benefit
For those who seek variety in taste, other recipes for the preparation of honey water were invented. They use additional ingredients that allow you to prepare not only healthy, but also especially tasty drink.
Basic recipes for making a honey drink using other ingredients are listed below:
- With ginger. Prepare an elixir according to a standard recipe, and then add a piece of peeled ginger (half the size of a little finger) grated on a grater into a glass. Depending on the season, both warm and cold water can be used to make the drink. In combination with honey, ginger has a strengthening effect on the immune system and improves digestion.
- With mint leaves. Prepare a glass of ginger honey water according to the previous recipe, and then add a little lemon juice and fresh mint leaves to it. Such a drink is especially pleasant to drink in the summer, because it refreshes well and gives the body an energy boost for the whole day.
- With apple cider vinegar. For cooking, you need 250 ml of warm water, a teaspoon of honey and the same amount of apple cider vinegar. All ingredients must be mixed. The prepared product speeds up the metabolism.
- With lemon juice. In a glass of a drink prepared according to a standard recipe, add 10-12 drops of lemon juice and mix. For the greatest benefit, this drug is recommended to be drunk in small sips. In combination with lemon juice, this elixir well strengthens the immune system and promotes weight loss.
- Cinnamon. Prepare a honey drink from a glass of clean water and a teaspoon of honey. Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon to it and mix well. Cinnamon will give the elixir a special spicy flavor and will contribute to weight loss.
Contraindications and harm
Honey water is a folk remedy, but despite this it can cause serious harm to the body. If you follow the recommended dosage when using this drink, then no negative side effects should be observed. But before drinking it in the morning, you should definitely familiarize yourself with the list of contraindications.
- Honey water should never be consumed in the presence of such diseases:
- food allergy to honey - the use of a honey drink in this case can cause indigestion and poor health;
- diabetes - a honey drink can cause a sharp increase in blood sugar;
- gastric ulcer - honey, which is part of the product, can irritate the sensitive mucous membrane of the digestive system, causing unpleasant pain;
- disorders in the pancreas - the use of honey creates an additional burden on this organ;
- heart disease
- renal failure.
Sometimes, with an overdose or an increased sensitivity of the body to beekeeping products, an allergy to honey water can occur.
Also find out how much honey you can eat per day without harm to health.
Its signs are:
- nausea and vomiting;
- redness of the skin and itching;
- sneezing and runny nose;
- shortness of breath, asthma.