The benefits and harms of eggs for the body
Chicken eggs are a very popular food product, because, in addition to using them as the main ingredient, it is impossible to imagine the majority of recipes without them. In addition, they are used for medical and cosmetic purposes. About what benefits they bring to men and women, why they are so valuable to health and why their composition is unique, will be discussed in this article.
What are useful chicken eggs and their composition
Over the past years, a lot of conflicting information has been said about the benefits and harms of this product from supporters of eating and refusing chicken eggs, modern nutritionists and gastroenterologists.
- The benefits of eggs are as follows:
- strengthen immunity, providing the human body with a large number of mineral components and vitamins;
- have an effect on the state of blood vessels, strengthening them and the heart muscle;
- reduce the risk of breast cancer in women and other oncological diseases;
- have a positive effect on the treatment of stomach ulcers, and also contribute to the normalization of the gastrointestinal tract;
- protect from the development of cataracts, have a beneficial effect on the health of the visual system;
- due to the content of vitamin D, optimal absorption of calcium occurs and thereby strengthen the bones and skeleton;
- contain vitamin B9, which has a positive effect on women's health, therefore, during pregnancy planning, expectation of the baby and during breastfeeding, it is recommended to pay attention to this product, rich in folic acid;
- they also positively influence men's health, improving the qualitative characteristics of sperm;
- contribute to an increase in muscle mass, since egg white is an effective building element of muscle tissue, having more pronounced properties than beef or milk protein;
- positively affect the functioning of the nervous system, increase mood, improve memory and mental abilities.
Recipes of traditional medicine and cosmetic care for the body and face suggest the use of:
- the yolk;
You can learn more about the composition of the chicken egg.
If we study the quantitative composition of the protein of a chicken egg, then it prevails in it :
- water - 85%;
- proteins - 12–13%;
- fats - 0.3%;
- carbohydrates - 0.7%;
- glucose, enzymes, vitamins.
Egg whites are represented by various chemical compounds:
- ovalbumin, prevailing and covering about 54% of egg white;
- ovotransferrin or conalbumin . It accounts for about 13% of protein. This protein is able to have an antibacterial effect in combination with the action of lysozyme, on the wound in a regenerative function;
- lysozyme - an enzyme with bacteriolytic action, which accounts for about 3.5%;
- ovomukoid - a component that can provoke the appearance of allergic reactions to protein;
- ovomucin is a high viscosity glycoprotein. Its share in proteins is from 1.5–3.5%;
- ovoglobulin type G1, G2 with a mass fraction of about 2%.
And also find out in more detail how much protein is contained in a chicken egg.
All these substances are well absorbed by the human body, regardless of the form of serving and preparation of the egg.
In addition to various types of protein compounds, such useful substances can be found in chicken protein:
- B vitamins (B1, B2, B6).
- Useful product features:
- Nutritious, but not high-calorie remedy in the diet after colds and viral diseases due to the lack of fats and cholesterol.
- Fresh chicken proteins contribute to the process of blood formation, stimulate the brain.
- Regular intake of protein is a preventative measure for people at risk for cataracts.
- Egg proteins have an immunostimulating effect, reducing the negative effect on the human body from the outside, reducing the risk of cancer.
- Prevention of vegetovascular diseases.
The composition of the yolk
The yellow part of a chicken egg takes up almost a third of the total volume in a liquid state.
- It is no less useful than protein, and contains many useful minerals, acids and trace elements:
- vitamins B, among which B2 and choline B4 should be distinguished;
- Vitamin D
- carotenoids: provitamin A, beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin;
- It is worth mentioning separately about the amino acids in the composition of the chicken yolk, as they are unique and extremely beneficial for health:
- polyunsaturated fatty acids, which include linolenic and linoleic acids;
- monounsaturated fatty acids, which are oleic and palmitoleic;
- saturated fatty acids, among which it is necessary to remember stearic, palmitic and myristic.
One yolk of a large egg has a weight of 17 g, if the weight of the product itself is within 50 g.
Such a product contains :
- proteins - 16% (2.7 g);
- fats - 26.5% (4.51 g);
- carbohydrates - 3.6% (0.61 g);
- cholesterol - 0.8% (139 mg).
You will also be interested to know why a chicken lays two-yolk eggs.
- The benefits of eating yolks are:
- lecithin in the yolk provides nutrition to the nervous system and brain tissues, as a preventive measure for the manifestation of atherosclerosis;
- antioxidants help cleanse the body and remove harmful substances, its rejuvenation;
- the components of the yolk affect the proper development of pregnancy and the bearing of the baby;
- the use of yolks helps to improve the functioning of the liver and biliary organs.
The chemical composition of the shell
The building material of the shell is 90% calcium carbonate, which is almost completely absorbed by the body, because during the formation of the egg shell in the chicken body, it underwent a conversion process from organic to inorganic. The remaining 10% of the chemical composition of the shell contains almost 27 chemical elements in small quantities.
Among them it is worth noting:
Why chicken eggs are good for men
This product occupies an important position in the diet designed for athletes, especially men who follow a sports diet and control the amount of protein consumed.
- Eggs are necessary in the nutrition of men, because:
- contribute to the growth of muscle mass due to its high protein content;
- increase the energy balance of the body, contributing to a surge of strength;
- positively affect men's health, contributing to an increase in sexual desire, prevention of prostatitis;
- the use of yolks eliminates problems with the work of the liver and biliary tract;
- control of egg consumption contributes to the improvement of male genital organs, thereby affecting sperm quality and sperm vitality, which is often the solution to male infertility.
Did you know? Record culinary masterpieces have remained in the history of Hungary and Spain. So, the Hungarian fried eggs from 5 thousand eggs weighing 300 kg, and the Spanish omelet from the same number of eggs already hung 599 kg.
The benefits of raw eggs for men
The effect of raw eggs on men's health is well known.
- It is a raw product that contributes to:
- potency improvement;
- the quality and quantity of erection, as well as ejaculation;
- normalization of the hormonal background, the production of active sperm;
- prevention of prostatitis.
In its raw form, the product contains a maximum of useful substances that can change their structure during heat treatment of the product. However, it is worth considering that in this form the product is not completely absorbed by the body due to the content of antitryptase.
In order to achieve a lasting positive effect, it is necessary to drink a raw egg daily or every other day, but at least 2-3 times a week.
- In addition, in raw form, they help men:
- recover faster after colds;
- increase the tone and immunity of the body;
- resist allergies;
- remove toxins.
Harm from eating raw eggs
The raw product is dangerous because it may contain Salmonella bacteria, which stimulate an acute intestinal reaction in humans.
Important! Before buying eggs, it is necessary to make a thorough inspection, excluding cracked specimens, check the expiration date and place the product in a cool place, which is a preventive measure of salmonellosis a. (This is both logical and understandable. In addition, it turns out that before you buy eggs you need to place them in a cool place) When eating eggs in raw form, an allergy can occur, the body's reaction is mainly to egg white. This can manifest itself as peeling and skin rashes.
At the first receptions of a raw egg, the manifestation of a gag reflex is possible, which will fade over time, and it will become habitual and pleasant to drink them.
Raw yolk has an increased concentration of cholesterol and fats, so you should not get carried away with this product, as this can lead to the accumulation of these substances in the blood and the appearance of cholesterol plaques.
The benefits and harms of boiled chicken eggs for men
- In boiled form, the product is most popular because:
- the risk of infection with salmonellosis compared with eating it raw or soft-boiled is significantly lower under the condition of heat treatment;
- helps to build muscle and tissue. Recommended for use by bodybuilders, but the daily norm should not exceed 5 pieces.
- Harm of eating eggs:
- the possibility of stagnation in the esophagus;
- excessive use of the product can adversely affect the functioning of the kidneys and liver.
The benefits and harms of eggs for women
The rich content of minerals, vitamins and amino acids in chicken eggs has already been described in detail.
However, it is also worthwhile to understand how they affect the health and beauty of the female body.
- it’s well known that this product:
- for weight loss and maintaining optimal weight;
- prevention of various diseases and increase immunity;
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- for various cosmetic procedures.
The benefits of chicken eggs for weight loss
Chicken eggs are used as the main or key ingredient in various diets and nutrition systems, as they are low in calories and high in protein:
- In combination with vitamins, enzymes and amino acids, they saturate the body well, so you can not feel hunger for a long time.
- The yolk of the chicken product contains biotin, which breaks down carbohydrates and prevents their conversion to fat deposits, stimulating fat metabolism.
- Egg protein is very effectively absorbed. In addition, it provides the human body with the necessary amino acids for its normal functioning in sufficient quantities.
- In the Ducan diet, this chicken product is fundamental because it contains a minimum amount of carbohydrates and a maximum of protein.
- For weight loss, it is recommended to use the protein component, minimizing the yolk intake. The best option is to boil a hard-boiled egg and share its protein, using only this part as an ingredient in vegetable salad.
The benefits of eggs for beauty
Eggs are often used as a main component in the preparation of home-made cosmetics for the care of face, hands and hair. These recipes are easy to use and available to a wide range of people.
Egg cosmetics performs the following functions:
- for facial skin - anti-aging, after applying cosmetic masks. The yolk acts softening and moisturizes the face, protein - dries oily areas of the skin and eliminates small wrinkles;
- for hair - firming. Hair falls out less, get a beautiful shine and well-groomed appearance. For these purposes, you can use egg shampoo or apply masks to your hair after washing. Also, these funds will have a positive effect in the fight against dandruff.
It is worth noting that, like in food, egg white and yolk can be used separately, depending on the purpose of a particular cosmetic procedure and the desired result, because:
- protein tightens pores, acts as an astringent, dries and eliminates the oily sheen of the skin. Protein is also effective in cleaning pores for any type of skin;
- yolk - nourishes and saturates dry, aging skin with fatty amino acids, restores its protective properties, tones.
Benefits and harm for women during pregnancy
Pregnant women should pay special attention to their diet and control not only the quality of food, but also their possible impact on the health of the mother and baby in the womb.
Chicken egg protein is a very high-quality and easily digestible building block in the process of placenta formation and development of future crumbs. The daily protein requirement is 90–110 g.
Choline is extremely useful for the formation and development of the brain, and then the memory of a small baby after birth. Also, this element reduces the risk of many congenital pathologies, for example, psychological diseases and hypertension. The pregnant woman's need for choline is 450 mg, while feeding her baby - up to 550 mg.
Vitamin A ensures the proper growth of the embryo, the development of its organs and systems, such as the heart, eyes, bones.
Folic acid prevents the development of a neural tube defect.
Iron is necessary to maintain the required level of hemoglobin and prevent iron deficiency anemia, which can trigger the onset of premature birth and fetal death.
Caution should be taken when consuming eggs by a pregnant woman, since this product can cause constipation, which is extremely undesirable during the period of gestation. It is also necessary to exclude the use of raw eggs or soft-boiled eggs, since this form of their use in food increases the risk of infection with salmonellosis.
- But this acute intestinal infection can cause such a threatening situation:
- provoke premature onset of labor;
- initiate uterine tone and contraction;
- cause dehydration.
Eggs can also be harmful if you are allergic to chicken protein.
How many eggs a day can I eat?
The use of eggs has been an indisputable fact for many years, however, current trends and tips of fashionable nutritionists come down to the need to control the consumption of this popular product. The reason for this, first of all, is the cholesterol contained in chicken yolk.
Adherents of one theory claim that it is “healthy” cholesterol, and its effect on the body is neutralized by leucine, an amino acid from protein. Others say that the daily intake of cholesterol is 300 mg, and a medium-sized egg yolk contains 200 mg of this substance, therefore, for normal health, you can eat 1.5 eggs a day.
Modern physicians around the world believe that 1-2 chicken eggs per day is the acceptable norm. Such a volume of consumption of this product will make it possible to use all its beneficial qualities and will not cause negative consequences, for example, in the form of cholesterol plaques.
Most cuisines of the world actively use chicken eggs to prepare a variety of dishes. The benefits of this product should be appreciated, because it has a positive effect on the health of both men and women.