The benefits and harms of cucumber juice
At all times, the use of vegetable and fruit juices in the treatment and improvement of vital functions of the body, in cosmetology and weight loss was popular. From the article you will learn about one of the drinks used today - cucumber juice.
Properties of Cucumber Juice
Cucumber drink is a useful product, but not for everyone is indicated for use. Consider its beneficial properties and possible harmful effects.
Drinking a glass of cucumber drink, we not only quench our thirst, but also cleanse and treat our body.
- We list some of its useful qualities:
- saturation of cells with potassium and the removal of excess sodium (due to the diuretic effect) restores the balance of these elements. As a result of which pressure is normalized, many digestive and cardiovascular problems disappear. Potassium also improves kidney function;
- 1/2 cup of juice, drunk in the morning and in the evening, will cope with edema;
- 1/3 cup (three times a day) increase the tone of the heart muscle, improve myocardial nutrition and cerebral circulation, calm the nervous system, thin out sputum when coughing;
- has a laxative effect for constipation (100 ml on an empty stomach);
- in combination with honey (1 tsp per glass) restores digestive processes after exacerbation of gastritis and peptic ulcer;
- drunk in the morning, at lunch and in the evening, 30 ml of cucumber, carrot and beetroot juice will help get rid of heartburn and restore appetite. They will reduce acidity and restore intestinal motility;
- the above drinks, due to the excretion of uric acid, help with joint pain, gout and rheumatism;
- fiber present, removes cholesterol and normalizes intestinal function;
- iodine content has a beneficial effect on the thyroid gland;
- fat-soluble vitamin A, which has antioxidant properties, inhibits the appearance of malignant cells and aging, strengthens bones and improves vision;
- calcium (17 mg in a glass) strengthens bones, nails and teeth, participates in the synthesis of hormones;
- antibacterial properties help with sore throats and colds, and the healing of wounds and other injuries is accelerated;
- after transferred diseases - restores acid-base balance;
- due to the diuretic effect, toxins and toxins are excreted;
- used in diet food and cosmetology.
Did you know? Famous cooks replace some ingredients with juices. Instead of white wine, apple juice can be added to chutney sauce, and water in Indian curry is replaced by multifruit.
The use of juice therapy is best done in the summer months, when there is enough natural product in the gardens, and not grown in greenhouses and treated with harmful drugs. To prepare a drink, it is better to use vegetables from your garden or purchased from trusted sellers.
- The use of cucumber juice can have a negative impact if there are such problems:
- exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases;
- with endocrine diseases (you need to consult a doctor);
- the presence of kidney or liver stones;
- intolerance to the product.
Composition of Cucumber Juice
100 g of cucumber drink contains 14 kcal, 0.1 g of fat, 2.5 g of carbohydrates, 0.8 g of protein and 0.1 g of fiber.
It also contains vitamins:
- Group B, which normalize the digestive tract and remove toxins and toxins;
- Vitamin A - a natural antioxidant;
- as well as vitamins PP, C, E, B.
It will also be useful for you to find out what the benefits and harms of salted, salted and pickled cucumbers are.
The drink contains macro- and microelements:
- potassium and sodium;
In addition, it contains:
- organic acids;
- folic and tartronic acid;
- essential oils;
Each cucumber fruit is 90–93% water, therefore, there is also a lot of it in the juice. But this is not ordinary water, but a structured fluid that optimizes metabolic processes in the body.
How to make cucumber juice?
For maximum benefit, you need to use fresh, young and high-quality fruits. Before processing, they do not need to be peeled.
And you can get healthy fluid in several ways:
- using a juicer;
- scrolling in a meat grinder or rubbing on a grater, followed by pressing through cheesecloth;
- grind in a blender (get a drink with pulp).
Important! The prepared drink must be used no later than 30 minutes, otherwise the amount of nutrients in it will be significantly reduced.
To get only benefit, not harm, you need to adhere to the norm:
- drink per day no more than 1 liter;
- take about 100 g of the drink at a time;
- you need to start with 50 g, gradually increasing the amount.
But all these norms can be adjusted, focusing on the reaction of the body.
How to take?
The use of cucumber juice is diverse:
- in the prevention and treatment of many diseases;
- to prevent and eliminate cosmetic problems;
- for weight loss;
- for healing and increasing vitality.
Cucumber juice is part of many cosmetics (creams, masks, shampoos and lotions).
Did you know? The color of drinks affects mood and health in different ways. Red juices (tomato, pomegranate and cranberry) increase efficiency. Orange (carrot and orange) - invigorate, and blue (blueberry and plum) - add resistance to stress.
But its use at home will be equally effective:
- daily rubbing of the face skin in the morning, will give it elasticity and smoothness, whiten it and rejuvenate it;
- freshness and smoothness of the skin will give a mask of 1 yolk, 10 ml of sour cream and 5 ml of cucumber juice, applied for 30 minutes;
- A healthy color of the face will give reception in equal doses of juices of cucumber, carrots and lettuce. This remedy also relieves acne;
- cucumber lotion brightens age spots and freckles;
- 1 cup of juice per day, strengthens the hair and makes them healthier, stops delaminating nails;
- make hair shiny and healthy, eliminate their fragility mask of 3 tbsp. l sour cream and juice of 3 cucumbers. It must be applied to the hair and wrap the head with cellophane. After an hour, rinse off the mask and wash your hair with shampoo.
For weight loss
In dietary nutrition, the benefits of a cucumber drink are obvious:
- the presence of tartronic acid prevents the accumulation and deposition of fat in the body;
- low calorie content of the product will help to cope with hunger, without gaining extra calories;
- removes toxins and harmful substances accumulated in the intestine;
- relieves constipation and swelling;
- improves tone and improves mood.
For weight loss, they drink 0.5 liters of drink per day. It is used 100 g before meals. This technique will also help to reduce the portion of food.
For other purposes
- The cucumber drink has a lot of advantages:
- its energy is used in perfumery. Famous brands include its fragrance in their compositions;
- It is used for the preparation of cocktails and salad dressings;
- it can be mixed not only with vegetable, but also with fruit juices (apple, lemon, grapefruit). This will increase its usefulness and improve taste;
- Addition of 2-3 Art. l kefir, clove of garlic and a couple of sprigs of parsley or dill can replace meals on fasting days;
- bad breath and bleeding gums disappear with rinses;
- components of cucumber juice lower blood alcohol levels;
- mirror surfaces will not fog up if wiped with cucumber juice.
We have already talked about contraindications and about norms as well.
When starting a cucumber drink, you should also remember:
- a large number will cause frequent urination;
- use with caution when using blood thinners;
- if there are stones in the bladder, they may begin to wash out into the urinary ducts;
- with a tendency to upset, can cause diarrhea.
Important! Starting to take cucumber juice, you need to consult a doctor if there are any mentioned diseases.
In general, cucumber drink has more pros than cons. And if you have no contraindications to it, take it to your health. Be healthy and beautiful!